Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jared

Broncos release RB travis henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos released running back Travis Henry, the team announced on Monday.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," head coach Mike Shanahan said. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Henry was signed by the Broncos as a free agent on March 5, 2007, and rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries (4.1 avg.) with four touchdowns in 12 games (seven starts) during his only season with the club. Before joining the Broncos, the eighth-year player spent two seasons (2005-06) with Tennessee after beginning his career with Buffalo (2001-04).

Good for him he has more time to smoke weed now.

I'll blow one with em..lol...4 real

I wonder who will get him, think he'll start any where?

Based on current rosters and police reports, I'd go with Cincy or Dallas.

He's not going to Dallas. They drafted 2 RB this year with a lot of upside and teams never carry 4 RB's. Besides with the new rule that makes teams pay fines for their players missteps, I doubt you see a lot of teams out there to pick him up.

He's not going to Dallas. They drafted 2 RB this year with a lot of upside and teams never carry 4 RB's. Besides with the new rule that makes teams pay fines for their players missteps, I doubt you see a lot of teams out there to pick him up.

Yeah true, but if you are a thugged out trouble maker you are always welcomed by Dallas. So it is possible. I think they are still trying to work sometrhing out with Chris Henry and Charles Manson. :unsure:

Unless Henry tested positive again he hasnt actually been in trouble in like 3 years, last year was a false positive and he got out of that one, i'm sure someone will snatch him up pretty quick.

I'm sure there'll be a few teams looking into him- he's pretty sore at Buffalo after they picked McGahee to take his job, so I doubt he'll go back there..

I could see the Lions inquiring about him... maybe the Texans?

Injuries [knee] limited his production the last year. His drug suspension and fight against, took a toll. But, his talent and ability are undeniable. He'd be that very good change of pace back in our O. I'd put him right above or close to Buckhalter in our rotation.

I see him going back to Buffalo. Jackson is not the guy i would want backing up Lynch.

I would be suprised by that. Henry did not leave Buffalo on good terms. With the whole Willis starting issue. I think the Bears should take a look at him.

Injuries [knee] limited his production the last year. His drug suspension and fight against, took a toll. But, his talent and ability are undeniable. He'd be that very good change of pace back in our O. I'd put him right above or close to Buckhalter in our rotation.

Travis Henry is a far better rb than Buck. He just comes with more headaches

This could be Michael Pittman's biggest year. I always thought he was very talented, but never had someone that would give him a full time shot. Now he gets his chance.

Pittman's gonna destroy it in Denver..

Selvin Young is a good young running back- I was a fan of his in college and think the Pittman-Young tandem will easily get Denver into the playoffs

Good for Travis Henry. Now he has all the time in the world to tend to his 10 kids from like 7 or 8 different baby mommas!!