Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ted Brogan

Who here has Comcast, NFL Network, and an HDTV?

About a month and a half ago, Comcast added about 7 new HD channels to my lineup (Food Network HD, USA HD, CNN HD, etc).

They also, at that time, removed the NFL Network Hi-Def channel (channel 218).

Now, I assumed this was a mix up because in my district (South Jersey), we have had not one but two Standard Def NFL-Network channels for at least 2 years (on channels 180 and 275). Channel 218 was the HD version. The reason for the duplicate, I was told, was that they just hadn't addressed it. (?) Regardless, I still have those channels, just not the HD channel.

After a month of calling Comcast, I finally got a return call yesterday from somebody at the Customer Service Center. He told me that because of the ongoing Comcast/NFLN dispute, they were removing the HD version of the channel from the service. Not the SD channel(s). Only the HD channel. When I asked him the reason for this he had no answer, saying only that it was strictly because of the "negotiations" of the dispute, and that no timetable was available for when (or if) the HD channel would be returned (which was news to me - up till now they had promised it would be back by Training Camp).

Also (and this is where I was hoping some fellow Comcast customers could help me out on this) I had done some quick research and found that my district was one of the only Comcast digital service areas in both NJ and Penn. that did not have channel 218. Everyone else seemed to have it. I told him this and he said that the listings must be out of date and "the channel will be removed from all areas eventually", at least until this is resolved.

What I want to find out is, is anyone else missing this channel yet? I have had NFLN for over 2 years, and have enjoyed it. I also have a 50 inch plasma TV that I paid alot of money for last year sitting in my living room and everytime I watch NFL Replay, or anything on NFLN, in that pixelated, low resolution, standard def, I feel like punching something.

Any info would be appreciated.

About a month and a half ago, Comcast added about 7 new HD channels to my lineup (Food Network HD, USA HD, CNN HD, etc).

Now, I assumed this was a mix up because in my district (South Jersey), we have had not one but two Standard Def NFL-Network channels for at least 2 years (on channels 180 and 275). Channel 218 was the HD version. The reason for the duplicate, I was told, was that they just hadn't addressed it. (?) Regardless, I still have those channels, just not the HD channel.

After a month of calling Comcast, I finally got a return call yesterday from somebody at the Customer Service Center. He told me that because of the ongoing Comcast/NFLN dispute, they were removing the HD version of the channel from the service. Not the SD channel(s). Only the HD channel. When I asked him the reason for this he had no answer, saying only that it was strictly because of the "negotiations" of the dispute, and that no timetable was available for when (or if) the HD channel would be returned (which was news to me - up till now they had promised it would be back by Training Camp).

Also (and this is where I was hoping some fellow Comcast customers could help me out on this) I had done some quick research and found that my district was one of the only Comcast digital service areas in both NJ and Penn. that did not have channel 218. Everyone else seemed to have it. I told him this and he said that the listings must be out of date and "the channel will be removed from all areas eventually", at least until this is resolved.

What I want to find out is, is anyone else missing this channel yet? I have had NFLN for over 2 years, and have enjoyed it. I also have a 50 inch plasma TV that I paid alot of money for last year sitting in my living room and everytime I watch NFL Replay, or anything on NFLN, in that pixelated, low resolution, standard def, I feel like punching something.

This is just a guess, but they probably put it with a higher tier package, more expensive.

I live in South Jersey and I too lost HD channel 218. When I called to find out what happened, I was told that they were making room for new channels. I was also told that the HD NFL network would be back on by the start of the season. I really can't stand Comcast.

I h ave comcast and Im in South PA. Pretty much off to the side of Pitts and Philly, I have NFL Network HD. Channel 218 yes, different add in here HD ESPN has been crap for me lately.

live in south jerz ocean county and have comcast (36 and 200<Hd>) but lost nFLN it was 180 and 275 never knew which one was hd

I have comcast, hdtv and nfl network. I live in Schuykill county, and it costs like an extra 5 bucks per month for the sports package the nfl network is a part of.

Now I noticed the channel is there, but alot of their programming doesnt have HD on it even on the HD channel. I think someone on here said recently they took the HD off for some reason until the season starts.

This is just a guess, but they probably put it with a higher tier package, more expensive.

Nope, they didn't re-add it anywhere else. Just removed ch. 218.

Comcast never announced any of this publicly, by the way.

And it seems like it's different all over the area.

And understand, this is frustrating to me not only because I can't personally enjoy the HD channel, but because this is such a grey area type situation that only matters to HDTV owners. It's not like I'm no longer getting the channel at all, like some of you guys (which sucks), I'm just not getting the HD version of it that up until a month ago I was getting.

And I know that the Turkey Day game vs the Cardinals will be simulcasted on a broadcast channel in Hi-Def (probably ABC, right?). League rules dictate that. It's just the principal. If nothing changes those other 7 exclusive games NFLN broadcasts will be the only NFL games this year I can't watch in HD. Not a big deal, but still, what the hell?

Very shady.

Nope, they didn't re-add it anywhere else. Just removed ch. 218.

Comcast never announced any of this publicly, by the way.

And it seems like it's different all over the area.

And understand, this is frustrating to me not only because I can't personally enjoy the HD channel, but because this is such a grey area type situation that only matters to HDTV owners. It's not like I'm no longer getting the channel at all, like some of you guys (which sucks), I'm just not getting the HD version of it that up until a month ago I was getting.

And I know that the Turkey Day game vs the Cardinals will be simulcasted on a broadcast channel in Hi-Def (probably ABC, right?). League rules dictate that. It's just the principal. If nothing changes those other 7 exclusive games NFLN broadcasts will be the only NFL games this year I can't watch in HD. Not a big deal, but still, what the hell?

Very shady.

I had Comcast and Dish Network and they removed NFL Network without even notifying me. I told them to eff off and now I'm waiting for FiOS.

I had Comcast and Dish Network and they removed NFL Network without even notifying me. I told them to eff off and now I'm waiting for FiOS.

Yea, it seems like everyone I know is still waiting for fios. Takes forever to install.

And yea, this is very similar to last year when they very subtly shifted NFLN to their Sports Tier package without telling anyone, AND without notifying them of the new charge for it on the bill. That got me angry for sure and I remember yelling at the rep on the phone about it. Same thing here basically.

Get DIRECTV SIMPLE I HATE COMCAST! They wouldN'T EVEN GIVE ME A JOB I REPEAT I HATE COMCAST!

I see a lot of people enjoy getting ripped off. That's comcraptic.

Comcast in south Jersey.

218 is gone.

Im rather pissed with them these days. They are seemingly doing what they want, and expect us to just shut up and continue paying our bill.

I've got Verizon. NFL Network comes free. :flex:

I have fios too, but their regular programed shows aren't in HD. The replays from the season, however, are. Is the NFL network studio not setup in HD?

i had the nfl network and got rid of it because it isnt worth it 50 bucks extra for that and 400 other channels that no one cares to watch...ill watch the four games i need it for at the bar in december, sorry just cant waste my time or money hearing slurping noises on the cowgirls jock anymore

Guest Shepard Wong

So glad to be rid of comcast. This sucks. I hope this BS drives people to leave Comcast in numbers big enough to force them to knock off this strong arm BS.

i live in williamstown nj i have no problem with my comcast hd i still have nfl network hdtv channell 218. theres actually 3 of them 180,218,275 is the nfl network channels.

i live in williamstown nj i have no problem with my comcast hd i still have nfl network hdtv channell 218. theres actually 3 of them 180,218,275 is the nfl network channels.

Wait a couple weeks it will be gone!