Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dabone

another CB goes down

MICHAEL LEHAN INJURED AT DOLPHIN CAMP, battling for starting spot across from Will Allen, per PFT

Hey, Lito is from Florida isnt he. I wonder if the Dolphins have a DE or soemthing in return for sheppard? ;)

MICHAEL LEHAN INJURED AT DOLPHIN CAMP, battling for starting spot across from Will Allen, per PFT

Hey, Lito is from Florida isnt he. I wonder if the Dolphins have a DE or soemthing in return for sheppard? ;)

you would trade Lito for a DE that says he only wants to play for one more year?

you would trade Lito for a DE that says he only wants to play for one more year?

Almost as risky as wanting to trade for a CB that likes getting in shootouts at strip clubs.

I see your point though. I just couldn't resist.

Only reason he said that was to deter other teams interest if the Phins shopped him. If he went to a contender he'd play another 2-3 years.

That said Lito for Taylor would be a dumb trade on the Birds part (IMO).

Seriously people were talking a 4th rounder for Taylor before the draft. I wouldnt trade Lito for the equivalent of a fourth round pick.

its not exact value but it makes a bad situation a good one. You have to know when to cut your losses.

The hardcore tactics of beating the players into submission is great for bootom line but terrible for team morale and Lmabrdi aspirations.

Almost as risky as wanting to trade for a CB that likes getting in shootouts at strip clubs.

I see your point though. I just couldn't resist.

Theres a difference though. Dallas got Jones for practically nothing. Lito is a good corner. Why give him up for a DE who is going to retire in a few years.

Theres a difference though. Dallas got Jones for practically nothing. Lito is a good corner. Why give him up for a DE who is going to retire in a few years.

I agree completely. Just had to take a stab at a Cowboys fan.

Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Only reason he said that was to deter other teams interest if the Phins shopped him. If he went to a contender he'd play another 2-3 years.

Seriously people were talking a 4th rounder for Taylor before the draft. I wouldnt trade Lito for the equivalent of a fourth round pick.

Agreed

So... a starting cornerback gets injured and it makes you think "Hey, let's trade them one of our cornerbacks!" and not "I'm glad we've got good depth at corner!"?

What "people"? The Fins wanted a 1st for him. Taylor had 11 sacks last year for a PUTRID Defense. 13.5 (DPOTY) the year before that.... I'd give them Lito for him and even throw in a draft pick (4th-6th rounder). Has anyone here watched Lito "the glassman" Sheppard the last few years? Dude NEVER plays and gambles too much. Imagine how sick our DL would be with Taylor across from Cole?

Wow, that's the definition of a desperate post on a rather slow day in the NFL.

Taylor= 3rd round pick.

since JT has found "hollywood" I don't think his heart is in football anymore

since JT has found "hollywood" I don't think his heart is in football anymore

Nothing like getting traded to a contender to lift your spirits.

For the record, if I was the Eagles FO and the opportunity presented itself, I'd trade Lito for Taylor straight up. It would almost guarantee a trip to the playoffs and it would give you guys a very good chance of playing in the SB. So you sacrifice some value when he retires in 2-3 seasons. Who gives a F. Go for it.

For the record, if I was the Eagles FO and the opportunity presented itself, I'd trade Lito for Taylor straight up. It would almost guarantee a trip to the playoffs and it would give you guys a very good chance of playing in the SB. So you sacrifice some value when he retires in 2-3 seasons. Who gives a F. Go for it.

most Eagle fans have to feel the same way...they have hit a level of desperation here and they would sign up for this trade in a nano-second...

because that isn't how they became the "gold standard"

I'd trade Lito for next years 2nd and Taylor.

That was a good one. You almost got me there.

LEHAN TO MISS ONLY 4-6 WEEKS

Posted by Mike Florio on June 4, 2008, 8:36 p.m.

Updating prior reports regarding an ugly ankle injury suffered on Wednesday by Dolphins cornerback Michael Lehan, the Palm Beach Post reports that Lehan will miss only 4-6 weeks.

And that means that Lehan will miss the rest of the offseason program, but that he’ll be ready for training camp.

Lehan is projected as a starting cornerback across from Will Allen.

most Eagle fans have to feel the same way...they have hit a level of desperation here and they would sign up for this trade in a nano-second...

Eagles fans that I know in real life would sign up for this trade immediately. Fans on this board are way too concerned with cap space and getting an exact match in terms of value. Most of them would cry if this trade happened, but it would guarantee them trip to the playoffs and beyond IMO.

because that isn't how they became the "gold standard"

True. No guts no glory.

Eagles fans that I know in real life would sign up for this trade immediately. Fans on this board are way too concerned with cap space and getting an exact match in terms of value. Most of them would cry if this trade happened, but it would guarantee them trip to the playoffs and beyond IMO.

Then the Eagles fans you know in real life are idiots.

It's not about the exact match in terms of value. It would be a damn rip off. A butt raping.

So we'd be exchanging having one of the deepest and most talented secondaries in the league for having aging depth at DE. A guy who wants to play for one year and back out of the game.

Hell, even if Lito only plays in Philly for one more year, whichever team acquires him at least knows he wants to continue his career in pro football.

For what Taylor brings to the D-line I'd consider it. And not that this will happen because Lito isn't Trotter or Simon, but the eagles have simply released pro bowl players in the past. if he really puts up a stink that could happen and I'd rather get something, like an all pro DE, than nothing.

dont you mean take a shot at the cowboys? :ph34r:

For what Taylor brings to the D-line I'd consider it. And not that this will happen because Lito isn't Trotter or Simon, but the eagles have simply released pro bowl players in the past. if he really puts up a stink that could happen and I'd rather get something, like an all pro DE, than nothing.

Lito will at least play here for one more year. Jason Taylor will play for one more year.

So why?

Then the Eagles fans you know in real life are idiots.

It's not about the exact match in terms of value. It would be a damn rip off. A butt raping.

So we'd be exchanging having one of the deepest and most talented secondaries in the league for having aging depth at DE. A guy who wants to play for one year and back out of the game.

Hell, even if Lito only plays in Philly for one more year, whichever team acquires him at least knows he wants to continue his career in pro football.

I agree. You could have Taylor for a 3rd round pick why would you give up Lito? Is the team better with Taylor and minus Lito or with Taylor and Lito?