Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawkinspwns

Northern VA Eagles fans (DC Metro Area)

I'm a transplant to Fairfax, VA by means of George Mason U. (stuck around the area after graduation).

As of right now the only Eagles fans I cheer with on Sundays during the season are my old roommate (another GMU transplant from Philly), my current roommate (doesn't follow sports at all but picked up on being an Eagles fan through his friendship w/ me and my old roommate), a half-hearted Redskins fan who will cheer for the Eagles so long as they aren't playing the Skins (the term "divisional rival" doesn't mean much to him), and a few girls who will cheer for the Eagles because I tell them to.

Needless to say, I'd like to upgrade.

BOTTOM LINE (for those of you who are just skimming):

Any Eagles fans in the Fairfax or Arlington area who'd be interested in getting together to watch Eagles games once the season rolls around?

i live in fairfax but getting ready to move out to prince william- buying a house. do you live in fairfax or arlington?

i live in fairfax but getting ready to move out to prince william- buying a house. do you live in fairfax or arlington?

I'm in the City of Fairfax, just outside Old Town.

where do you usually watch the games? the last 2 seasons i've had the sunday ticket, not sure if i'm gonna get it this year or not.

Last season mostly Buffalo Wing University because the management and several bartenders were my friends so I usually only got charged for half of my actual tab.

However my contacts at BWU are quite slim now so I don't know if it'll be my bar of choice to watch games in 2008.

Bailey's in Ballston (Arlington) is pretty good, I went there a couple times. But it gets PACKED. Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax off Chain Bridge Rd is an up-and-comer.

You?

i've been to buffalo wing u to watch games before, although they weren't eagles games- very good wings. last year i went to the philly tavern in manassas to watch the first eagles/skins game- it's a little tight in there especially with a decent sized crowd but a good time though, food is actually pretty good too. brittany's in lake ridge is a pretty good place to watch a game though it's been awhile since i've been there. like i said, the last 2 years, i've had the sunday ticket so i haven't had to go anywhere to watch the games. if there's eagles fans, i'm willing to go almost anywhere to watch a game up here in northern va.

Rhino Bar in Georgetown is 2 floors of Eagles fans. Bailey's in Ballston isn't bad, but I don't like being there when there's a Redskins game on the same time.

i've been to buffalo wing u to watch games before, although they weren't eagles games- very good wings. last year i went to the philly tavern in manassas to watch the first eagles/skins game- it's a little tight in there especially with a decent sized crowd but a good time though, food is actually pretty good too. brittany's in lake ridge is a pretty good place to watch a game though it's been awhile since i've been there. like i said, the last 2 years, i've had the sunday ticket so i haven't had to go anywhere to watch the games. if there's eagles fans, i'm willing to go almost anywhere to watch a game up here in northern va.

Yeah man, let's see if we can't coordinate for a couple games maybe, once the season rolls around. Always more fun to watch with fellow fans.

I live in Reston VA and over the years have gone to Champps in American Plaza and Glory Days at the Fox Mills Mall. Both places are in Reston. At first when I went to Champps it has/had alot of Eagles fans but started to drop off a few years ago so I tried Glory Days and there were alot of Eagles fans there as well. If anyone goes to either of these places and plan on going this season let me know or do you have a better place in the Reston area where the Eagles fans go? For me I see if the game is on the regular stations first and of they are I stay home and watch them. If they are not I see if I can get the game online and if I can't I decide between Champps and Glory Days. I would like to find a spot close by where my fellow EMBers go where we can hang and take over the bar.

Yeah man, let's see if we can't coordinate for a couple games maybe, once the season rolls around. Always more fun to watch with fellow fans.

if you care about watching it with fellow fans then go to rhino...theres more fans there than at all nova bars combined

if you care about watching it with fellow fans then go to rhino...theres more fans there than at all nova bars combined

I heard about that place and would go if I was closer but it's a bit far for me so I have to settle for a place in my area.

I am in Ashburn Va.

Yes, there are bars around to watch Eagles games. If I go there I can afford 1 beer for the whole game.

Is there a fan in Ashburn with DirecTV that would welcome me and my friends Mr.6 pack and Chips over on game days?

p.s. I also fish a-lot and have a canoe and can take you out in trade.