Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ianeagle02840

rhode island fan

hey everyone. i am on the fence about this topic. i live in rhode island, and am a lifelong eagles fan. i am torn between spending 200 on good preseason tix vs the patriots in foxboro in august or getting great seats to the dallas game in december. my main reason for thinking of all of this is due to the fact that my vacation for work rolls over toward the end of the month and i get a new 10 days good til next june. would you guys rather overpay for a great regular season ticket or get great relatively cheap preseason tickets? i know the drive from RI to philly is a little long, but its nothing i cant endure. i would probably be going solo, seeing as how i am the only eagles fan in my family. thoughts?

I can't imagine a preseason game would be all that entertaining.

Bring a friend, go to the Dallas game. I am, it's on my birthday :)

I'm sorrry, but i would never, ever pay 200 for PS tix, even if it got me on the field, well, maybe the field, but anywhere in the stadium for a PS game should never cost more than 75.

I can't imagine a preseason game would be all that entertaining.

Bring a friend, go to the Dallas game. I am, it's on my birthday :)

ya but the only thing about that is that the dallas game would be packed. parking would be a pain for an out of towner. plus i would have to pay an arm and a leg to get good seats and probably get them within the first month or so of the season. then again, it is a cowboys eagles game. it would make sense to just take out 5 days for christmas week and the game that following sunday.

I'm sorrry, but i would never, ever pay 200 for PS tix, even if it got me on the field, well, maybe the field, but anywhere in the stadium for a PS game should never cost more than 75.

you make a good point. my brother tommy about 5-6 years ago had preseason tickets to i think the eagles patriots preseason game. he was given front row seats on the 50 yard line. i think he said about 2 rows back. the main thing i remember was that at the time he was in a band with a guy who was tight with people at gillette stadium and he got those tix for free. i also remember that a few months later those tix were used in an argument between my brother and the lead guitarist, who was an older 40ish guy, he used the tickets against him making it seem like he did him a favor when he basically gave them to him at the time cuz he couldnt make it. funny how those things work.

There is no comparison between preseason and regular season.

I remember I went to to Ravens/Eagles preseason game 2 seasons ago in Baltimore. It sucked. And I say this as someone who got a free ticket.

If you are a serious fan, go to the "real" game. The extra 200 or so dollars is going to make the difference between a mediocre time and an experience you'll remember for the rest of your life.

ya but the only thing about that is that the dallas game would be packed. parking would be a pain for an out of towner. plus i would have to pay an arm and a leg to get good seats and probably get them within the first month or so of the season. then again, it is a cowboys eagles game. it would make sense to just take out 5 days for christmas week and the game that following sunday.

Parking shouldn't be a problem. Just get there at 7 am

There's really no comparison here. The Eagles rarely play their starters in preseason games, so it's not going to be remotely close to the regular season experience. Depending on the game, the starters may only play a series, a half or not at all. There's not nearly as much at stake and the intensity of the game is going to be a lot lower.

You've got to go to the Cowboys game. It's a regular season game, a lot should be at stake and it's the Cowboys. If you've never been to an Eagles Dallas game, then it should be an awesome experience.

If both teams perform as expected, there will be playoff implications on the line here. The Linc will be going wild and and you'll want to be there.

Go for the regular season game. It will EASILY be worth the extra money. :showoff:

hey everyone. i am on the fence about this topic. i live in rhode island, and am a lifelong eagles fan. i am torn between spending 200 on good preseason tix vs the patriots in foxboro in august or getting great seats to the dallas game in december. my main reason for thinking of all of this is due to the fact that my vacation for work rolls over toward the end of the month and i get a new 10 days good til next june. would you guys rather overpay for a great regular season ticket or get great relatively cheap preseason tickets? i know the drive from RI to philly is a little long, but its nothing i cant endure. i would probably be going solo, seeing as how i am the only eagles fan in my family. thoughts?

Dallas @ home easy choice

If you're willing to spend 200 on a preseason game that's not even in Philly, GET SOME DALLAS TIX. I don't even think there's much of an option. Go to the Dallas game and you will definitely have the time of your life.

hey there - my nephew, a devout Eagles fan, just received a football scholarship from RI. He'll be playing under coach Rizzi this fall.

As for the game, go in December to see them play Dallas. there's a good chance that a lot will be riding on the game, so the atmosphere will be intense.

Nothing compares to a regular season game, ESPECIALLY Dallas. Don't waste you're money on preseason. Crowd could care less and the atmosphere is nothing compared to regular season. Spend the money!!!

I am a Philly transplant in RI too and went to the Eagles Pats game in Foxborro last regular season. Needless to say, the patriots fans are the most arrogant idiots I've ever seen. Even after we almost beat them with AJ feely under center they were chanting 'PHILLY SUCKS' on the way out of the stadium. I'm a pretty mellow guy, but it was all I could do not to beat one of these idiots wthin an inch of his life. Save yourself the aggrivation (if not the money) and go watch them play the cowgirls at the link.

$200 for tickets to a PS game ?? Holy cow ... that's highway robbery !!!!!!!!! You're better off spending that dough on a case of beer, bag of blow, and an hour with a ho. :devil:

$200 for tickets to a PS game ?? Holy cow ... that's highway robbery !!!!!!!!! You're better off spending that dough on a case of beer, bag of blow, and an hour with a ho. :devil:

All of that for $200?...Not with inflation these days, I can't find any of that under $500!

ya but the only thing about that is that the dallas game would be packed. parking would be a pain for an out of towner.

We're sitting here, and we're supposed to be Eagles fans, and we're talking about parking. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about parking, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about parking. Not the game that we go out there and die for and cheer every game last it's our last but we're talking about parking man. How silly is that?

There is no decision to make here. Go to the regular season game! I have season tickets and I can't remember the last Eagles preseason game I attended.

ya but the only thing about that is that the dallas game would be packed. parking would be a pain for an out of towner.

Are you implying parking is not a pain for locals??? I don't see how it makes a difference if you are an out of towner. The key is to get there early and tailgate both before and after the game.