Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyoEagle

Wonderlic scores

30 is not "normal", that's a pretty good score. It's a timed test you know.

Trust me, if you haven't figured it out already, I'm no genius, but I scored a 38. Several of us took the same test they give to the athletes at the combine. Yes, its true, it is a timed test, but all five of us finished the test easily. The lowest score in our group was 29, the highest was 40.

I'm not disputing the averages that you gave, but the fact remains that any college student who doesn't score in the high 20's is a dope.

Just sayin....

I think one of the problems with the wonderlic, is that people assume that it measures "intelligence" much the same way people think that IQ tests measure "intelligence". This is a common misconception in American society, which is obsessed with using testing to sort people and make judgements about them. In reality there are many different ways that people can be "smart", for instance you could take a person who doesn't know how to find what X equals in a math equation, but they could be very good with words or have a natural ability with interpersonal relationships.

In other words, its pretty obvious that a poor wonderlic score doesn't nescessarily have ish to do with being a good quarterback (Dan Marino, possibly the best quarterback to ever play the game), but beyond that it doesn't nescessarily even measure how smart you are, just whether you are smart in a particular way (that evidently doesn't have much to do with football).