Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Offense

T.O. played injured in the Super Bowl.....you dont hear Eagles fans complaining about " Our #1 reciever wasnt 100%" do you?

I want to see Romo advance his team far BY HIMSELF....before you cockroach Cowboy fans start crowning the guy King.

Dallas has Owens, Witten and, ill even give ya Crayton...yet Romo still cant find an open reciever once he avoids 3 tackles due to another offensive line breakdown. Instead he tends to find a guy wearing a different color jersey. funny..

what are you talking about??? it wassn't romo's fault! NO, NOT, NEVER!...you obviously, didn't take into account that the "sexy" jessica simpson was watching, not to mention, the football was a little slippery. and how could you not mention the glare from the lights??? obviously, you don't know football. :lol:

dude, you're an idiot. everyone knows that...hell, even YOU know that...

Pay no mind to him Nabbness....it isnt worth it....Cowboys fans will argue you all day and all night until they have to be in work in 20 minutes....

Its pointless because no matter how many times you prove them wrong and make them look dumb, and turn what they said into something against them, all they will say is they won some rings.

If I wanted to learn history, id go back to high school and take History class. To me its what have you done recently. The Eagles have been better. To them, Dallas has been better. Neither side is ever going to coincide. Its pointless to argue, but at the same time I always get a good chuckle out of making a Cowboy fan look dumb.

Let them think Romo is the 2nd coming of Aikman...let them think T.O. is Michael Irvin and Terrence Newman is Deion Sanders. Heck let em think Marion Barber is the next Emmitt Smith, by then they will think those players are going to help them to a Super Bowl just like its the 90's again.

Like I said, they live in the past. They probably dont even have NFL network to watch the lat night thanksgiving games.

Eli was on his way out of the league?

We're only gonna score 17 points?

Is Plax playing defense?

You should post less and read more, that way, it would be less apparent that you are as illinformed about the what's going on on Sunday's in the Fall.

Mcnabb hasn't enjoyed one single season as the best qb in the division for 3 years now.

And I don't think you are giving Tra enough credit.

Going forward, I just might take Barber and Jacobs over Portis. I doubt many will share my opinion there though.

I do. They both wear down a defense in a way Portis does not. Portis stayed generally healthy and put up the pretty stats but Barber and Jacobs got the tough yards and made a larger impact on the games they played. At least thats how I see it.

Should we put Celek,who had better numbers then Boss ahead of Smith also ?????????You people crack me up.

Smith is the #4 TE in the NFC and a top 10 TE in the NFL.

Since the Eagles paid 5 million dollars to have Smith play over him I am going to have to say no.

While I am at it lets see off the top of my head 10 tight ends better then Smith:

Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Chris Cooley, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Todd Heap, Ben Watson, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Owen Daniels

Pay no mind to him Nabbness....it isnt worth it....Cowboys fans will argue you all day and all night until they have to be in work in 20 minutes....

Its pointless because no matter how many times you prove them wrong and make them look dumb, and turn what they said into something against them, all they will say is they won some rings.

If I wanted to learn history, id go back to high school and take History class. To me its what have you done recently. The Eagles have been better. To them, Dallas has been better. Neither side is ever going to coincide. Its pointless to argue, but at the same time I always get a good chuckle out of making a Cowboy fan look dumb.

Let them think Romo is the 2nd coming of Aikman...let them think T.O. is Michael Irvin and Terrence Newman is Deion Sanders. Heck let em think Marion Barber is the next Emmitt Smith, by then they will think those players are going to help them to a Super Bowl just like its the 90's again.

Like I said, they live in the past. They probably dont even have NFL network to watch the lat night thanksgiving games.

Wait, you're suggesting that we "live in the present" and then suggest that the Eagles are better than Dallas?

OK?

thats a good question. heres another one, why hasnt romo won a playoff game with one of the best groups in the league?

Romo has only one full year as a starter under his belt, you do realize that dont you? Already threw more TDs in a season than Mcnabb ever will, and tied his best regular season record, only Mcnabb did it when the whole NFC sucked. I mean the second best record in the NFC that year was the Falcons.

Wait, you're suggesting that we "live in the present" and then suggest that the Eagles are better than Dallas?

OK?

Yes thats right.

I think when you match both teams up, the Eagles have a slight advantage.

Who can you give a head-to-head edge to.

Both teams won 1 game in each others home. Neither team WON a playoff game.

Its not because im an Eagles fan, but I think the Eagles are a better overall team. And you will differ from that, in which you are obligated to.

You must take into consideration that the Eagles face uphill problems all year long last year, while the Cowboys had it all laid out for them. No major injuries in their path. A powerhouse of an offense. All they had to do in my opinion was play the games.

The Eagles faced injuries, a major one being Donovan McNabb. Our offense depends on McNabb, when he is not playing up to his potential the Eagles offense is going to struggle. When the Eagles offense is not out on the field long, the defense is, so they may struggle.

To finish 8-8, thats not bad. We had some downsides. And now its a new season, with new players, and some coming back hopefully staying healthy.

Dallas on the other hand, just cant get it done with what they have for some reason. You dont go 13-3 and not win a playoff game, thats not a top tier team in my mind. Thats a GREAT regular season team. If rings were won in the regular season, the Patriots would have the Lombardi Trophy, certainly not the Giants.

dude, you're it. you're the dumbest lil fecker in the history of life. JAKETERNOOISE, i'll never call you the dumbest person again, TRUST ME. you may be the biggest homer, but you're no longer the dumbest person.

just because you can type a big wall of shet doesnt mean you're even close to being right. you talkin there being a bunch of quarterbacks worst than eli manning. HES BEEN A SCRUB PRACTICALLY SINCE HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE. then, you basically put him over nabb :lol::lol::lol: . you are the dumbest person in the history of the world, LMFAO....

Wow

Play less Halo, watch more Football

Turning a computer on takes more intelligence than you seem to have.

Out of the NFL? Is that 100% correct? You'll swear by it? :rolleyes:

Last year Burress finally became what many teams around the league feared he could be when properly motivated. When watching that NFLN fluff piece of the Eagles the other day they showed that TD catch he made against us in the second game. Straight up sick TD grab.

When I look at season stats I weigh TD receptions heavily. TD's are where the W's come from and he pulled in 12 last year.

I was listening to Ron Jawarski the other day and he said that in watching film that teams did not double plaxico or roll coverages his way and therefore he didn't onsider him a true #1, i just found that intresting. I'd still say Plax is the #2 WR in the division

Romo has only one full year as a starter under his belt, you do realize that dont you? Already threw more TDs in a season than Mcnabb ever will, and tied his best regular season record, only Mcnabb did it when the whole NFC sucked. I mean the second best record in the NFC that year was the Falcons.

Give McNabb T.O. and look what he did. Romo has done the same thing.

Why dont you imagine how Romo plays without Owens...instead give him...James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell...We can throw in Na Brown or Greg Lewis as some slot recievers to for Romo. I wish McNabb would have had a powerhouse offense around him, because McNabb can avoid a rush and throw a completion, unlike Romo.

I dont care how many years Romo has under his belt. No QB with one year as a starter is all of a sudden a top 3 QB. Like you said, Romo has only one full year as a starter under his belt, you do realize that dont you?

kind of like you guys saying Mcnabb is the best QB in the division, when he last played like the best QB in the division in 2004. I mean Shawn Alexander had 1696 yards that year, is he still the best RB in the NFCW?

RB

1. Westbrook

2. Barber

3. Portis

4. Jacobs

5. Felix Jones

WR

1. Owens

2. Burress

3. Moss

4. Brown

5. Crayton

TE

1. Witten

2. Cooley

3. Shockey

4. Smith

5. Boss

QB

1. Romo

2. McNabb

3. Manning

4. Campbell

as much as I like Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis is better than him and Curtis is also better than Crayton.

Yes thats right.

I think when you match both teams up, the Eagles have a slight advantage.

Who can you give a head-to-head edge to.

Both teams won 1 game in each others home. Neither team WON a playoff game.

Its not because im an Eagles fan, but I think the Eagles are a better overall team. And you will differ from that, in which you are obligated to.

You must take into consideration that the Eagles face uphill problems all year long last year, while the Cowboys had it all laid out for them. No major injuries in their path. A powerhouse of an offense. All they had to do in my opinion was play the games.

The Eagles faced injuries, a major one being Donovan McNabb. Our offense depends on McNabb, when he is not playing up to his potential the Eagles offense is going to struggle. When the Eagles offense is not out on the field long, the defense is, so they may struggle.

To finish 8-8, thats not bad. We had some downsides. And now its a new season, with new players, and some coming back hopefully staying healthy.

Dallas on the other hand, just cant get it done with what they have for some reason. You dont go 13-3 and not win a playoff game, thats not a top tier team in my mind. Thats a GREAT regular season team. If rings were won in the regular season, the Patriots would have the Lombardi Trophy, certainly not the Giants.

Both starting corners missed games then came back and played hurt, we were left with Reeves and Nate Jones for god's sake. Terry Glenn missed the whole year as did the starting nose tackle, Ferguson. Both FBs were also injured.

Yea the Eagles finished at .500, and that is exactly Mcnabb's winning% over the last 3 years. If the Eagles offense depends on that, more power to him.

Let me take a crack at this.

QB

1. Romo/Eli/McNabb (I'm probably gonna get a lot of complaints over this, but imo I can't seperate them. McNabb is a great quarterback, he just can't stay healthy. Eli won the SB and proved he can play in the playoffs as well as play decent enough to get them to the playoffs. Romo is an excellent regular season qb but he hasn't carried the Cowboys over the hump in the playoffs.)

2. Campbell (He's developing lol, he still needs to learn the WCO and he hasn't proven he's as good as the other three)

RB

1. Westbrook

2. Portis

3. Barber

4. Jacobs

WR

1. Owens

2. Burress

3. Moss

4. Curtis

TE

1. Witten

2. Cooley

3. Shockey

4. Smith

LT

1. Samuels

2. Adams

3. Thomas

4. Diehl

G

1. Andrews

2. Davis

3. Snee

4. Thomas (if only he could stay healthy lol

kind of like you guys saying Mcnabb is the best QB in the division, when he last played like the best QB in the division in 2004. I mean Shawn Alexander had 1696 yards that year, is he still the best RB in the NFCW?

its because the guy usually plays well until he gets injured. but of course no one cares because all you people care about is promoting tony romo to the fullest and saying "5 rings to none" among other recycled cowboy fan punch lines

Good comparison with Alexander....and what a disapointment he has been.

Anyway....Lets break this down, if you take injuries out of the equation. Donovan is far more proven than Jason Campbell.

He has proven much more than Romo. Romo has not won yet, he has put up numbers, but look who is around him. McNabb finally gets some playmakers, and he is coming off an injury. As a healthy QB, yes Donovan is the best in the NFC East. Probably not statistic wise, T.O. has alot to do with that. But overall QB speaking, im confident Donovan, when healthy, is the best in the division.

Both starting corners missed games then came back and played hurt, we were left with Reeves and Nate Jones for god's sake. Terry Glenn missed the whole year as did the starting nose tackle, Ferguson. Both FBs were also injured.

Yea the Eagles finished at .500, and that is exactly Mcnabb's winning% over the last 3 years. If the Eagles offense depends on that, more power to him.

Our starting CB's started 6 games together total, you also forgot that Gregg Ellis missed 3 games and played sparingly in another, yeah, we had everything laid out for us!

Good comparison with Alexander....and what a disapointment he has been.

Anyway....Lets break this down, if you take injuries out of the equation. Donovan is far more proven than Jason Campbell.

He has proven much more than Romo. Romo has not won yet, he has put up numbers, but look who is around him. McNabb finally gets some playmakers, and he is coming off an injury. As a healthy QB, yes Donovan is the best in the NFC East. Probably not statistic wise, T.O. has alot to do with that. But overall QB speaking, im confident Donovan, when healthy, is the best in the division.

i actually think if healthy Mcnabb is too, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy for 3 yearss, so I just dont see how he can be the best.

i actually think if healthy Mcnabb is too, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy for 3 yearss, so I just dont see how he can be the best.

again, he plays well until he gets knocked for the rest of the season. now if you want to judge people by resisting broken ankles, acl tears, sports hernias, etc....then thats on you....

Give McNabb T.O. and look what he did. Romo has done the same thing.

Why dont you imagine how Romo plays without Owens...instead give him...James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell...We can throw in Na Brown or Greg Lewis as some slot recievers to for Romo. I wish McNabb would have had a powerhouse offense around him, because McNabb can avoid a rush and throw a completion, unlike Romo.

I dont care how many years Romo has under his belt. No QB with one year as a starter is all of a sudden a top 3 QB. Like you said, Romo has only one full year as a starter under his belt, you do realize that dont you?

Why do people say LOOK WHAT MCNABB DID WITH TO like we forget? that was 2004 the list is about 2008 you do realize that don't you?

Why would Dallas give Tony Romo James Thrash and Todd Pinkston? The point of the game is to surround your quarterback with play makers and the Eagles own dumb fault for never realizing that.

I dunno Romo looked like he did an ok job of avoiding the rush but you know I am capable of watching games objectively instead of just yelling at my TV like a moron... "he is on the Cowboys he CAN'T BE GOOD !"

Brian Dawkins

Lito Sheppard

Todd Herremans

Jason Avant

Donovan McNabb

Sean Considine

LJ Smith

Shawn Andrews

Just a few players who battled injuries all last season....thats a big list compared to you defensive tackle and your fullbacks. Terry Glenn missed a season, but if he had played, there wouldnt have been a big impact from Patrick Crayton, so you cannot argue.

Now McNabb, played 14 games last season, coming off an injury. 3300+ yds 61.5 completion % and 19 TD passes. When he is healthy he put the Eagles offense over the hump.

again, he plays well until he gets knocked for the rest of the season. now if you want to judge people by resisting broken ankles, acl tears, sports hernias, etc....then thats on you....

well if a player can't stay on the field then they can't be the best. Terry Glenn has played great when he wasn't hurt as well, after Romo came in he was basically the 3rd option in Dallas and still put up 1000 yards, talentwise he's better than Curtis or Brown, but I wouldn't put him above them, because he can't be depended on to play.

well if a player can't stay on the field then they can't be the best. Terry Glenn has played great when he wasn't hurt as well, after Romo came in he was basically the 3rd option in Dallas and still put up 1000 yards, talentwise he's better than Curtis or Brown, but I wouldn't put him above them, because he can't be depended on to play.

if you're going to judge a player on how good they are, normally you judge them by their talent and their numbers. you cant simply knock someone for getting serious injuries

Why do people say LOOK WHAT MCNABB DID WITH TO like we forget? that was 2004 the list is about 2008 you do realize that don't you?

Why would Dallas give Tony Romo James Thrash and Todd Pinkston? The point of the game is to surround your quarterback with play makers and the Eagles own dumb fault for never realizing that.

I dunno Romo looked like he did an ok job of avoiding the rush but you know I am capable of watching games objectively instead of just yelling at my TV like a moron... "he is on the Cowboys he CAN'T BE GOOD !"

No.

IMO Romo is a good QB. He has put up some good numbers. Your now bringing in the front offices to a Quarterback discussion, which makes no sense. I havent seen Romo perform well in the post-season yet. So I cant give him anything more than, " hes a good quarterback".

I have seen McNabb perform well in the post-season. Past or present, it doesnt matter. McNabb was healthy in the past, injured in the present. Until I see him perform well in the post-season injury free and recent "hes a good quarterback". And IMO I just think he is better than Romo because of his past. Thats why I give the edge to Donovan. Romo hasnt even played much yet and all of a sudden, hes closing in on elite QB status? No. Not yet.