Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Offense

Moss is a game breaker when healthy. I think Burress is crazy overrated.

Go ask Al Harris who he would rather cover. Moss is soft and dissapears all the time. Plax is a beast

Brian Dawkins

Lito Sheppard

Todd Herremans

Jason Avant

Donovan McNabb

Sean Considine

LJ Smith

Shawn Andrews

Just a few players who battled injuries all last season....thats a big list compared to you defensive tackle and your fullbacks. Terry Glenn missed a season, but if he had played, there wouldnt have been a big impact from Patrick Crayton, so you cannot argue.

Now McNabb, played 14 games last season, coming off an injury. 3300+ yds 61.5 completion % and 19 TD passes. When he is healthy he put the Eagles offense over the hump.

and CB's and OLB

Avant?

No diffrence between Crayton and Glenn? that's insane. Glenn on the other side would open up the field for everyone else.

Between all of Dallas starters they missed 49 games (Newman 3, Henry 4, TG 15, Fergeson 16, Hoyte 8, Ellis 3) With Newman and Henry (both starting CB's playing injured the whole year as Lito did when they came back) Is that as bad as Philly? maybe not, but not enough to say Dallas was lucky with injuries

No.

IMO Romo is a good QB. He has put up some good numbers. Your now bringing in the front offices to a Quarterback discussion, which makes no sense. I havent seen Romo perform well in the post-season yet. So I cant give him anything more than, " hes a good quarterback".

I have seen McNabb perform well in the post-season. Past or present, it doesnt matter. McNabb was healthy in the past, injured in the present. Until I see him perform well in the post-season injury free and recent "hes a good quarterback". And IMO I just think he is better than Romo because of his past. Thats why I give the edge to Donovan. Romo hasnt even played much yet and all of a sudden, hes closing in on elite QB status? No. Not yet.

OK fine I will agree he is not ELITE but there are only two elite qbs in the game (Brady, Manning). If you want to say who has had a better career it is McNabb obviously but as of right now Romo is better.

and CB's and OLB

Avant?

No diffrence between Crayton and Glenn? that's insane. Glenn on the other side would open up the field for everyone else.

Between all of Dallas starters they missed 49 games (Newman 3, Henry 4, TG 15, Fergeson 16, Hoyte 8, Ellis 3) With Newman and Henry (both starting CB's playing injured the whole year as Lito did when they came back) Is that as bad as Philly? maybe not, but not enough to say Dallas was lucky with injuries

Compared to Philly, yes Dallas was lucky with injuries.

OK fine I will agree he is not ELITE but there are only two elite qbs in the game (Brady, Manning). If you want to say who has had a better career it is McNabb obviously but as of right now Romo is better.

Well the only reason I dont believe Romo is better than McNabb is because, while Romo has not performed well in the playoffs the past two seasons, McNabb, even though it was back in 2004, even though he has been injured, still has performed well in the playoffs. And whats not to say Donovan doesnt come back strong off his ACL injury and perform well in the playoffs again.

again, he plays well until he gets knocked for the rest of the season. now if you want to judge people by resisting broken ankles, acl tears, sports hernias, etc....then thats on you....

McNabb has not played that well leading up to his injuries look at 06:

77 for 140 (55%) 1045 yrds 7 TDs 5 INTs in his last 5 games with a team record of 1 and 4

His stats in 05 before going down:

101 for 183 (55%) 1174 yrds 5 TDs 6 INTs in his last 5 games with a team record of 1 and 4

also ended 3 games in a row with an INT

Sorry but those seasons were going into the crapper way before he went down with a season ending injury. He has not played well enough since 04.

Go ask Al Harris who he would rather cover. Moss is soft and dissapears all the time. Plax is a beast

Plax is overrated?

How'd I miss this one.

He was the best WR in the NFC on torn ligaments.

You kids are funny as all get-out!

McNabb has not played that well leading up to his injuries look at 06:

77 for 140 (55%) 1045 yrds 7 TDs 5 INTs in his last 5 games with a team record of 1 and 4

His stats in 05 before going down:

101 for 183 (55%) 1174 yrds 5 TDs 6 INTs in his last 5 games with a team record of 1 and 4

also ended 3 games in a row with an INT

Sorry but those seasons were going into the crapper way before he went down with a season ending injury. He has not played well enough since 04.

How about his 2007 statistics, coming off an ACL injury....

Compared to Philly, yes Dallas was lucky with injuries.

games missed by starters

Philly 28

Dallas 48

How about his 2007 statistics, coming off an ACL injury....

What about them? They were average at best and the team went 8-8. I am not trying to bash him just saying he needs to play better and so does the team.

Plax is overrated?

How'd I miss this one.

He was the best WR in the NFC on torn ligaments.

You kids are funny as all get-out!

Best receiver in the NFC ????????????? So much for your football knowledge.

Quarterbacks:

1. Donovan McNabb

2. Tony Romo

3. Eli Manning

4. Jason Campbell

5. Todd Collins

Running Backs:

1. Brian Westbrook

2. Clinton Portis

3. Marion Barber

4. Brandon Jacobs

5. Ladell Betts

Tight Ends:

1. Jason Witten

2. Chris Cooley

3. Jeremy Shockey

4. LJ Smith

5. Anthony Fasano

Wide Receivers:

1. Terrell Owens

2. Plaxico Burress

3. Santana Moss

4. Kevin Curtis

5. Amani Toomer

Tackles:

1. Tra Homas

2. Chris Samuels

3. Jon Runyan

4. David Deihl

5. Flozell Adams

Guards/Centers:

1. Shawn Andrews

2.Chris Snee

3. Leonard Davis

4. Andre Gurode

5. Randy Thomas

What about them? They were average at best and the team went 8-8. I am not trying to bash him just saying he needs to play better and so does the team.

But coming from an ACL injury, his stats were very good. Thats what I wanted to prove. If he was 100%, yes they are average stats for 14 games.

Link?

Your other Dallas buddy said 39....now use are just confusing me throwing these numbers out there.....

:lol:

sorry!

I could be off a game or two at most, I was going by memory, but I did look it up a few weeks ago

just go look up the players individually, that's what I had to do

I'm too lazy to go look it up again to double check my numbers, but Dallas did have more games missed by starters than the Eagles, and even if you can't admitt they were hit harder by injuries, they weren't lucky.

and CB's and OLB

Avant?

Holy ****,,where do I start.

1)4 of the 5 OL played injured from beginning to end,,,1 actually had knee surgery during the bye week,,1 played with a broken tail bone for 13 games

2)our QB was coming off of major ACL surgery,,anyone that follows that recovery knows it takes 1 1/2 years to recover

3)the TE basically was out for the season with multiple injuries

4)we lost both starting safeties for roughly 1/2 the year and neither were close to 100% in the games they played

5)Lito,missed time again and did not play a single game close to 100%

6)Spikes missed the last few games---although I think that actually helped.Bradley is a flat out beast.

7)even our place kicker was not near 100% for over 1/2 the season

1)4 of the 5 OL played injured from beginning to end,,,1 actually had knee surgery during the bye week,,1 played with a broken tail bone for 13 games

2)our QB was coming off of major ACL surgery,,anyone that follows that recovery knows it takes 1 1/2 years to recover

4)we lost both starting safeties for roughly 1/2 the year and neither were close to 100% in the games they played

5)Lito,missed time again and did not play a single game close to 100%

6)Spikes missed the last few games---although I think that actually helped.Bradley is a flat out beast.

Well at least someone knows what im talking about...

Stephen1....i did reply to you in the other thread BTW. ( Some moron started a whole new thread idk why)

:lol:

sorry!

I could be off a game or two at most, I was going by memory, but I did look it up a few weeks ago

just go look up the players individually, that's what I had to do

I'm too lazy to go look it up again to double check my numbers, but Dallas did have more games missed by starters than the Eagles, and even if you can't admitt they were hit harder by injuries, they weren't lucky.

Dallas wasn't lucky with injuries, but with all those bounces...I don't care how good Romo is. You don't catch long snaps over your head on a bounce more than once. The difference between Dallas and the Giants seasons were that Dallas caught the lucky breaks in the begining of the year and the Giants caught them in the playoffs. Luck is a huge part of when teams are successful. Including the Eagles.

Well at least someone knows what im talking about...

Stephen1....i did reply to you in the other thread BTW. ( Some moron started a whole new thread idk why)

got it bro! not sure why they locked it either

Yeah, I can understand that, but Dallas had guys play hurt too. Marc Columbo, Dallas's starting RT had a high ankle sprain midway through the year and played on it the rest of the year. Ellis was coming back from a torn achilles, and that slowed him down alot of the year. heck many many players on every team plays hurt. I just feel that if a team had starters miss about 20 more games than you did and a couple guys playing banged up, you can't say they were luckier, and even if they were it was by the thinnest of margins.

as far as the FB, normally I'd agree with you, but in Jason Garretts offense the FB was supposed to get thrown to and play a bigger role than in most offenses, though i admitt, that is probably the position that hurts you the least when a starter is out.

4)we lost both starting safeties for roughly 1/2 the year and neither were close to 100% in the games they played (Considine stunk, him getting hurt improved your defense)

5)Lito,missed time again and did not play a single game close to 100% (both of Dallas starting CB's were in the same boat as Lito)

6)Spikes missed the last few games---although I think that actually helped.Bradley is a flat out beast. (then how did this hurt you?)

again, I think Dallas starting NT and WR missing the whole year, starting OLB missing a couple games, FB missing 6 along with both corners bign banged up puts them somewhat in the same boat as the eagles with injuries.

playing injured is such a gray area too, Romo strained his hammy very bad vs minny and was hobbled for a few weeks and badly bruised his thumb in the Eagles game, that didn't heal until after the season, Dallas starting RT played hurt a good part of the year.

Dallas wasn't lucky with injuries, but with all those bounces...I don't care how good Romo is. You don't catch long snaps over your head on a bounce more than once. The difference between Dallas and the Giants seasons were that Dallas caught the lucky breaks in the begining of the year and the Giants caught them in the playoffs. Luck is a huge part of when teams are successful. Including the Eagles.

no kidding that type of play happened about 5 times last year, and on 4 of them Dallas got a 1st down. Every year you win a game or two you shouldn't and also lose a game or two you shouldn't. Last year Dallas beat Buffalo and Detroit and had no business winning either, but they never lost that game or two that they didn't deserve to lose, (some say ot happened in the playoffs) and I think that gives Dallas 2 more loses this year.

Pay no mind to him Nabbness....it isnt worth it....Cowboys fans will argue you all day and all night until they have to be in work in 20 minutes....

Its pointless because no matter how many times you prove them wrong and make them look dumb, and turn what they said into something against them, all they will say is they won some rings.

If I wanted to learn history, id go back to high school and take History class. To me its what have you done recently. The Eagles have been better. To them, Dallas has been better. Neither side is ever going to coincide. Its pointless to argue, but at the same time I always get a good chuckle out of making a Cowboy fan look dumb.

Let them think Romo is the 2nd coming of Aikman...let them think T.O. is Michael Irvin and Terrence Newman is Deion Sanders. Heck let em think Marion Barber is the next Emmitt Smith, by then they will think those players are going to help them to a Super Bowl just like its the 90's again.

Like I said, they live in the past. They probably dont even have NFL network to watch the lat night thanksgiving games.

Recently as in the cowboys winning the NFC east and philly in last? boys going 13-3 and yes going to 2nd round of playoffs. And i'll post it for all u eagle fans that are waiting too....yes they lost in the playoffs and havn't won playoff game in 12 yrs, and yes they have 5 rings which is what its all about and philly have no superbowls.

Philly last......yuppers

Recently as in the cowboys winning the NFC east and philly in last? boys going 13-3 and yes going to 2nd round of playoffs. And i'll post it for all u eagle fans that are waiting too....yes they lost in the playoffs and havn't won playoff game in 12 yrs, and yes they have 5 rings which is what its all about and philly have no superbowls.

Philly last......yuppers

What part of Texas are you from? Is this an actual person from Dallas ? Probably just like the rest of the bandwagon cockroach loser that love the boys when they are in first place but is never heard from when Dave Campo is the coach.

the homerism is an embarrassment to eagles fans.

What part of Texas are you from? Is this an actual person from Dallas ? Probably just like the rest of the bandwagon cockroach loser that love the boys when they are in first place but is never heard from when Dave Campo is the coach.

Im not from texas, I'm from NY, and liked dallas since i was born b/c thats who my dad liked. If i was a bandwagon I would of jumped on the giants since they just won the superbowl and i'm from NY. I've stayed with the boys for the past 10 years when they've sucked, and now i belive the next 5-10 years will be good with at least 1 ring