Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Offense

Recently as in the cowboys winning the NFC east and philly in last? boys going 13-3 and yes going to 2nd round of playoffs. And i'll post it for all u eagle fans that are waiting too....yes they lost in the playoffs and havn't won playoff game in 12 yrs, and yes they have 5 rings which is what its all about and philly have no superbowls.

Philly last......yuppers

Dallas didn't play in the second round they played in their first round which was the divisional round and lost.

Nice try though.

You know I blast McNabb all the time for being a choker in the playoffs, but at least when he qb'd teams to 12-4 or 13-3 records they got past their first playoff game everytime. Romo's lost in his first game 2 years in a row. Says a lot about him as a qb.

and dave campo is back as a secondary coach, maybe he can get ROY back too his old form

Dave Campo? I love it. The guy coaches Dallas to 15 wins in 3 years and he's brought back home as a hero and Parcells is seen as this evil monster for bringing respectiability back to your franchise. People from texas are all tools.

Dallas didn't play in the second round they played in their first round which was the divisional round and lost.

Nice try though.

You know I blast McNabb all the time for being a choker in the playoffs, but at least when he qb'd teams to 12-4 or 13-3 records they got past their first playoff game everytime. Romo's lost in his first game 2 years in a row. Says a lot about him as a qb.

Dallas had a bye which was earned for there regular season sucess. They played in the second round of the playoffs, it just happened to be there first game.

Did mcnabb or eli take there teams too the playoffs in there first season as starters? He plays great for 16 games during the season, and plays average in the playoff game, and you say that says alot about him as a QB...

If Romo would of sucked all season long, but managed to get his team into the playoffs and win a game does that make him a good QB now. Marino never won a superbowl and is viewed as a great. Give romo some time and he'll get his share of postseason success.

A QB can do great in the regular season, but none of it matters unless he wins in the playoffs, its unfair, but thats just the way it is now

Dave Campo? I love it. The guy coaches Dallas to 15 wins in 3 years and he's brought back home as a hero and Parcells is seen as this evil monster for bringing respectiability back to your franchise. People from texas are all tools.

I'm not sure where you got from my post that campo is a hero and bill parcells is a bad person. Anyway, campo had nearly no talent when he coached dallas, and now hes only a secondary coach, with some talented players. he seems to be working with them well in OTA's and mini camp, i think he'll be good for the secondary

I'm not sure where you got from my post that campo is a hero and bill parcells is a bad person. Anyway, campo had nearly no talent when he coached dallas, and now hes only a secondary coach, with some talented players. he seems to be working with them well in OTA's and mini camp, i think he'll be good for the secondary

Didn't Parcells take that team that had hardly any talent that Campo coached to the playoffs the year after he was fired? :huh:

Didn't Parcells take that team that had hardly any talent that Campo coached to the playoffs the year after he was fired? :huh:

Yea, he took Campo's team to a 10-6 record, then the next year he took his own team to a 6-10 record.

Yea, he took Campo's team to a 10-6 record, then the next year he took his own team to a 6-10 record.

He scrapped the team and re-built. Nobody can re-build in a year and make the playoffs. The team the Cowboys have now is Parcells' team, and they're arguably the most talented team in football.

Recently as in the cowboys winning the NFC east and philly in last? boys going 13-3 and yes going to 2nd round of playoffs. And i'll post it for all u eagle fans that are waiting too....yes they lost in the playoffs and havn't won playoff game in 12 yrs, and yes they have 5 rings which is what its all about and philly have no superbowls.

Philly last......yuppers

Like I said, what have you done for me recently?

The 5 rings arent recent, the zero playoff wins are recent.

The Eagles have played better in the last 12 years. Yeah ya went to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but they Dallas didnt beat anyone to get there. Im glad they had a good regular season, but if regular seasons won Super Bowls, they still wouldnt have won it.

He scrapped the team and re-built. Nobody can re-build in a year and make the playoffs. The team the Cowboys have now is Parcells' team, and they're arguably the most talented team in football.

I don't think this is parcells team.

Romo came from sean payton and parcells wanted bledseo to start until jerry made him make the change

TO came here b/c of jerry, nothing to do with parcells

Lenord davis came b/c of JJ in free agency

Parcells wanted to take marcus spears in front of D-ware but JJ wouldn't let him

I'd credit this team by jerry jones b/c he's got the final decision in the draft room, sure parcells did good too the team and found some good draft picks like marion barber but i think JJ is resposible for this team

Like I said, what have you done for me recently?

The 5 rings arent recent, the zero playoff wins are recent.

The Eagles have played better in the last 12 years. Yeah ya went to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but they Dallas didnt beat anyone to get there. Im glad they had a good regular season, but if regular seasons won Super Bowls, they still wouldnt have won it.

But its all about winning the superbowl, nothing else matters. Do the pats, bears, seahawks get credit for there superbowl losses. If dallas goes to the superbowl and looses, how many eagles fans will be on here the next day saying the cowboys suck and choked?

the eagles were the better team the past 10 years, up until last yr....and they still might have a few yrs left in them, but i do think dallas is on the rise, and will be the best team in the east like philly had been

Quarterbacks:

1. Donovan McNabb

2. Tony Romo

3. Eli Manning

4. Jason Campbell

5. Todd Collins

Running Backs:

1. Brian Westbrook

2. Clinton Portis

3. Marion Barber

4. Brandon Jacobs

5. Ladell Betts

Tight Ends:

1. Jason Witten

2. Jeremy Shockey

3. Chris Cooley

4. LJ Smith

5. Kevin Boss/Brent Celek (EDIT)

Wide Receivers:

1. Terrell Owens

2. Santana Moss

3. Plaxico Burress

4. Kevin Curtis

5. Amani Toomer/Reggie Brown

Tackles:

1. Chris Samuels/Jon Runyan (EDIT)

3. David Diehl

4. Tra Thomas (EDIT)

5. Flozell Adams (EDIT)

Guards/Centers:

1. Shawn Andrews

2. Leonard Davis

3. Chris Snee

4. Andre Gurode

5. Jamaal Jackson/Randy Thomas (EDIT)

EDITS MADE ON JULY 5TH AT 11:40 PM.

Wow!!! Mcnabb in front of Eli and Romo? Put Moss ahead of Plax and Davis in front of Snee. If you are basing off careers, then i'll agree. But based off last season Mcnabb and Andrews were not the best players at their positions. Andrews had his worse season since he was a rookie, while Snee was lights out.

This guy above just makes a post about how the cowboys have 1 good WR in owens and the rest are garbage, and now you post that he has one of the best groups in the league with tons of weapons. thats eagle fans at there best!

OOh and with the playoff drought, How does it feel that philly has never won the superbowl? and please don't count something from 1875 when there were 4 teams in the league.

Romo has played in 2 playoff games and played average in both. last yr TO was injuried so he had Witten and thats it. Get your playoff drought shots in while you can, cuz we both know the boys are in the start of something great

wow i guess McNabb was just that much better that he had won playoff games wit ppl like james thrash, todd pinkston, etc. before he even saw someone in the NFL as good as T.O

Quarterbacks:

1. Donovan McNabb (?)

2. Tony Romo (?)

3. Eli Manning

4. AJ Feeley

5. Jason Campbell

* All "?" meant that there could be cases made for both QBs at this time. It's just MO

Running Backs:

1. Brian Westbrook

2. Clinton Portis

3. Marion Barber (could flip between 3&4)

4. Brandon Jacobs

5. Ladell Betts

Tight Ends:

1. Jason Witten

2. Jeremy Shockey

3. Chris Cooley

4. LJ Smith

Wide Receivers:

1. Terrell Owens

2. Plaxico Burress

3. Kevin Curtis

4. Santana Moss (if healthy)

5. Patrick Crayton/Amani Toomer

Tackles:

1. Chris Samuels

2. Flozell Adams

3. Tra Thomas )

4. John Runyan

5. David Diehl

Guards/Centers:

1. Shawn Andrews

2. Leonard Davis

3. Andre Gurode

4. Chris Snee

5. Jamaal Jackson

wow i guess McNabb was just that much better that he had won playoff games wit ppl like james thrash, todd pinkston, etc. before he even saw someone in the NFL as good as T.O

He also had a very good D, and very good running game. Also, look at how bad the division was then. And....romo has started 1 full season

He also had a very good D, and very good running game. Also, look at how bad the division was then. And....romo has started 1 full season

the division was bad, but he played other teams too...i aint saying romo isnt good, but you have your head shoved far enough up his that you are licking his tonsils..

the division was bad, but he played other teams too...i aint saying romo isnt good, but you have your head shoved far enough up his that you are licking his tonsils..

yeah, you can't discount the fact that even with a good running game Mcnabb is what carried that offense

I love how people always seem to bring up that the division was bad when McNabb was healthy and playing well. As if they only played division opponents or as if, they werent NFL teams in our division. Its a dumb argument. I dont care if every team in the division went 5 games under .500 those years, they are still division games, so they arent going to be easy games.

So bascically since the Cowboys, Redskins and Giants front offices sucked in McNabb's early years, that means McNabb sucks too? Jaketernoois just shut up and stop starting 100 threads and making yourself looking completley dumb in all of them.

you mean like in 2000-2003 where at least 2 teams from the NFC East made the playoffs? Not spectacular but the NFC East was far from bad except for in 2004 but the Eagles in 2004 were more talented than anything the NFC East has had to offer since then.

Mcnabb hasn't enjoyed one single season as the best qb in the division for 3 years now.

Actually in 2006 the Eagles had the 4th best passing team in the entire NFL (and NFC East) and McNabb despite playing 10 games finished with the 4th best QB rating and one less td than Romo had throwing to the likes of T.O., Glenn, Witten and Crayton. Somehow Romo made the pro bowl and even though injured, and having better numbers with less talent, McNabb wasn't even considered.

Last two years (Romo/Campbell were not starting three years ago):

McNabb: 37td, 13int, 3 rushing td, 12 fumbles in 24 games

Romo: 55td, 32int, 2 rushing td, 18 fumbles in 32 games

Manning: 47td, 38int, 2 rushing td, 22 fumbles in 32 games

Campbell: 22td, 17int, 1 rushing td, 14 fumbles in 20 games

Passing game ranking the past two years:

Cowboys: 4th (07), 6th (06)

Eagles: 10th (07), 4th (06)

Giants: 22nd (07), 21st (06)

Redskins: 15th (07), 23rd (06)

McNabb QB rating: 9th (07), 4th (06)

Romo QB rating: 4th (07), 5th (06)

Manning QB rating: 25th (07), 18th (06)

Campbell QB rating: 20th (07), not even top 32 - played just seven games (06)

Eagles despite McNabb's injuries have remained a top 10 offense the past two seasons and were the best passing offense in the NFC East in 2006. They have done it with out pro bowl caliber recievers too. When healthy McNabb is still a elite QB.

Actually in 2006 the Eagles had the 4th best passing team in the entire NFL (and NFC East) and McNabb despite playing 10 games finished with the 4th best QB rating and one less td than Romo had throwing to the likes of T.O., Glenn, Witten and Crayton. Somehow Romo made the pro bowl and even though injured, and having better numbers with less talent, McNabb wasn't even considered.

Eagles despite McNabb's injuries have remained a top 10 offense the past two seasons and were the best passing offense in the NFC East in 2006. They have done it with out pro bowl caliber recievers too. When healthy McNabb is still a elite QB.

Keep in mind that Romo only started 10 games in 06 as well. The reason Mcnabb did not make the probowl #1 was because he was out for the year, but he started out hot, then the Eagles started fizzling and he got hurt, Romo came in to a team that was getting ready to slide into oblivion and got it going. Had Mcnabb been healthy the whole year, or just missed a few game, he goes and Romo probably doesn't. You could also make a point that they conduct the voting way too soon, by the end of the season Garcia really deserved to go.

Quarterbacks:

1. Donovan McNabb

2. Tony Romo

3. Eli Manning

4. Jason Campbell

5. Todd Collins

Running Backs:

1. Brian Westbrook

2. Clinton Portis

3. Marion Barber

4. Brandon Jacobs

5. Ladell Betts

Tight Ends:

1. Jason Witten

2. Jeremy Shockey

3. Chris Cooley

4. LJ Smith

Wide Receivers:

1. Terrell Owens

2. Santana Moss

3. Plaxico Burress

4. Kevin Curtis

5. Amani Toomer/Reggie Brown

Tackles:

1. Chris Samuels/Jon Runyan (EDIT)

3. David Diehl

4. Tra Thomas (EDIT)

5. Flozell Adams (EDIT)

Guards/Centers:

1. Shawn Andrews

2. Leonard Davis

3. Chris Snee

4. Andre Gurode

5. Jamaal Jackson/Randy Thomas (EDIT)

Another dumb as hell list. :roll: Just trying to bump your post count and try to look smart?

Another dumb as hell list. :roll: Just trying to bump your post count and try to look smart?

Another Giants fan who contributes nothing to the conversation. Bring something to the table or go home.

Yes when he's healthy he is, but how many times has he missed a good part of the season. He's complaining about an injury already and training camp hasn't started. I also think Mcnabb has lost a step after all his injuries, just the fact that he's older, and he's added a little weight to his frame. He still has the arm and pretty good passer, but lost some of that mobility that allowed him to scramble and make plays like romo does now.