Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Defense

As soon as OSI learns how to play the run then you can talk about him and Cole in the same breath,,until then,OSI is not the player Cole is.

osi is fine against the run now. i think you've got 2007 mixed up with 2005 :rolleyes:

Osi can play the run and is an elite DE and should be higher then #3

Osi struggles against the run, but is still a top DE in the NFC. Cole is better, but the 2 and 3 in the East as Osi and Tuck... which one is better than the other is up to you, I would personally rahter have to block Osi than Tuck.

When Lito is healthy, he's one of the top corners in the game. He can be effective one-on-one vs. good WRs, you can leave the guy out on an island when you send the house and he'll do a good job, and he has a long history of making big plays in big situations. And he's still only 27 years old.

Problem is, he's only healthy for 2/3 of the season. A major issue which has undoubtedly hurt his trade value this offseason.

And Lito probably is the 3rd CB, as Brown has long manned the RCB spot. Besides, in this scheme the 3rd corner still gets on the field 60-70% of the time so Lito will see alot of action anyway.

Lito and Newman have started the exact same amount of games (77) Lito has 1 more int, but judging by the fact that Newman has given up only 3 TD's over the last three years I'd say Newman gives up less plays. Newman is also better vs the run, I'd go with Newman by a small margin. I can live with Newman being 3rd behind Samuel and maybe Lito, any lower than that is crazy.

Lito and Newman have started the exact same amount of games (77) Lito has 1 more int, but judging by the fact that Newman has given up only 3 TD's over the last three years I'd say Newman gives up less plays. Newman is also better vs the run, I'd go with Newman by a small margin. I can live with Newman being 3rd behind Samuel and maybe Lito, any lower than that is crazy.

I think Lito pretty much owns any debate against Dallas cornerbacks....

w_LitoSheppard_h.jpg

DT:

1. Fred Robbins

2. Mike Patterson

3. Cornelius Griffin

4. Jay Ratliff

5. Broderick Bunkley

DE:

1. Trent Cole

2. Justin Tuck

3. Osi Umenyiora

4. Andre Carter

5. Chris Canty

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. Fletcher

4. James

5. Thomas

S:

1. Brian Dawkins

2. Ken Hamlin

3. LaRon Landry

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel/Terrence Newman

2. Lito Sheppard

3. Shawn Springs

4. Sheldon Brown

I think Lito pretty much owns any debate against Dallas cornerbacks....

w_LitoSheppard_h.jpg

is that the play where he was standing there flat footed beside Jason Witten and Bledsoe hit him in the f'n chest with the ball?

DT:

1. Fred Robbins

2. Mike Patterson

3. Cornelius Griffin

4. Jay Ratliff

5. Broderick Bunkley

DE:

1. Trent Cole

2. Justin Tuck

3. Osi Umenyiora

4. Andre Carter

5. Chris Canty

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. Fletcher

4. James

5. Thomas

S:

1. Brian Dawkins

2. Ken Hamlin

3. LaRon Landry

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel/Terrence Newman

2. Lito Sheppard

3. Shawn Springs

4. Sheldon Brown

great list even though I'd put Samuel as the solid #1 at CB

is that the play where he was standing there flat footed beside Jason Witten and Bledsoe hit him in the f'n chest with the ball?

It probably is, but the point I was tryin to prove was that Lito owns the Cowboys, that just happenend to be the first pic I saw of him against Dallas.

great list even though I'd put Samuel as the solid #1 at CB

Tough to say. Samuel is a ball hawk where as Newman allows less TD's. I love the way Samuel fits in our system, but at this point I would say they're tied, but if Lito plays 16 games he's right up there with both of them.

It probably is, but the point I was tryin to prove was that Lito owns the Cowboys, that just happenend to be the first pic I saw of him against Dallas.

no argueing that bro, he f'n owns us. Eli never plays bad vs Dallas either.

Osi struggles against the run, but is still a top DE in the NFC. Cole is better, but the 2 and 3 in the East as Osi and Tuck... which one is better than the other is up to you, I would personally rahter have to block Osi than Tuck.

Coles not better then Osi. I would never take Cole over Osi under any circumstances. You guys think he's better because he had a 15 or 20 more tackles this year but you completely forget that two years ago Osi had 70 tackles and 14.5 sacks so it's not exactly his first trip to the dance. You all underate his ability to play the run, basically you guys just underate him completely. He's an elite DE. He has more natural ability then Cole and based on that I believe he'll have a much better career.

Coles not better then Osi. I would never take Cole over Osi under any circumstances. You guys think he's better because he had a 15 or 20 more tackles this year but you completely forget that two years ago Osi had 70 tackles and 14.5 sacks so it's not exactly his first trip to the dance. You all underate his ability to play the run, basically you guys just underate him completely. He's an elite DE. He has more natural ability then Cole and based on that I believe he'll have a much better career.

please stop the posting. We ALL know that Cole is better hands down.

uh, no we don't. or should i say, no he isn't.

also, Landry is better than Hamlin and is arguably better than Dawkins. We gotta see if Dawk can even come back healthy this season and STAY healthy/productive.

As soon as OSI learns how to play the run then you can talk about him and Cole in the same breath,,until then,OSI is not the player Cole is.

Suggesting Osi stinks against the run signifies you do not watch Giants football.

And once Tuck gets the "official season 1 starting full-time" under his belt, he's the best DE in the East. He's a force against the run and can disrupt the pass. Ask Brady, Romo, and Favre.

Until Samuel can prove that he can make plays in Johnson's Cover 1 scheme, he's not a top 5 CB.

He may prove to be one of the top guys, but I'll wait to see how he plays 1st.

Cole v. Osi...y'all are funny~

uh, no we don't. or should i say, no he isn't.

also, Landry is better than Hamlin and is arguably better than Dawkins. We gotta see if Dawk can even come back healthy this season and STAY healthy/productive.

I think Cole is better, because he seems to play the run better and they are about equal as pass rushers and Cole has never had a certain HOF that gets double teams at the other DE spot.

You can't compare Landry to Hamlin or Dawkins, he's a SS, Hamlin is a FS as is Dawkins.

Suggesting Osi stinks against the run signifies you do not watch Giants football.

And once Tuck gets the "official season 1 starting full-time" under his belt, he's the best DE in the East. He's a force against the run and can disrupt the pass. Ask Brady, Romo, and Favre.

Tuck had 1 sack in 3 games vs Dallas, so what do you want us to ask Romo? The Giants brought alot of pressure up the middle with LB's in the 4th quarter of the playoff game flushing Romo out wide into the arms of Osi and Strahan.

Tuck showed alot of promise last year, but Tuck is going to be out at DE now on a full time basis, no Strahan to eat up a double team, lets wait and let him play for a full year before we start annointing him the best in the NFCE

Watch the games bro.

Strahan was singled a great deal more than you think. Tuck is the guy that was doubled for most of the playoff run.

I think they are replaying the Dallas/NYG playoff game next week on NFLN, as much as it will make me puke I will watch it and take note.

Tuck had 1 sack in 3 games vs Dallas, so what do you want us to ask Romo? The Giants brought alot of pressure up the middle with LB's in the 4th quarter of the playoff game flushing Romo out wide into the arms of Osi and Strahan.

Tuck showed alot of promise last year, but Tuck is going to be out at DE now on a full time basis, no Strahan to eat up a double team, lets wait and let him play for a full year before we start annointing him the best in the NFCE

Watch the games bro.

Strahan was singled a great deal more than you think. Tuck is the guy that was doubled for most of the playoff run.

Also, keep in mind that on obvious passing downs, Kiwanuka will play with his hand down and Tuck will slide back inside with Alford or Robbins next to Osi.

I think they are replaying the Dallas/NYG playoff game next week on NFLN, as much as it will make me puke I will watch it and take note.

keep a plastic bag nearby to vomit from about 1 minute to go in the 1st half to the end...

:D

keep a plastic bag nearby to vomit from about 1 minute to go in the 1st half to the end...

:D

no ish, I might need a lawn bag

No Eagles fans think he is. The rest of the NFL thinks Osi is.

* I love how you all talk like Strahan ate up all the doubles. Osi probably got doubled more last year. A few teams choose to double Strahan but most went after Osi. Strahan was 36 years old last year. Teams weren't gunning for him nearly as much.

borrow one from stx.....

nah, he's gonna need them, my grass is real tall right now.