Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Defense

Coles not better then Osi. I would never take Cole over Osi under any circumstances. You guys think he's better because he had a 15 or 20 more tackles this year but you completely forget that two years ago Osi had 70 tackles and 14.5 sacks so it's not exactly his first trip to the dance. You all underate his ability to play the run, basically you guys just underate him completely. He's an elite DE. He has more natural ability then Cole and based on that I believe he'll have a much better career.

It's easy to play the run when you have one of the greatest DEs of all time chasing running plays down and forcing you into the play.... Just sayin'

It's easy to play the run when you have one of the greatest DEs of all time chasing running plays down and forcing you into the play.... Just dayin'

Osi chased more plays down for other players then Strahan or Tuck did. You've seen the Giants play you know this is true. Also, i'll get the tape of Osi sacking McNabb 6 times in one game and make you watch it if you don't stop badmouthing his awesomeness!

Proving once again, that Winston Justice sent Osi to the PB

the same guy who alot of people were saying would start for most NFL teams prior to last year?

Sacks some in bunches. Everyone knows that. How many sacks could Osi have had in so many other games? He'll have over 10+ sacks again next year and then what will you say?

the same guy who alot of people were saying would start for most NFL teams prior to last year?

:lol:

all 53 men on the Eagles roster would be starters on all other 31 teams....

(at least that's what you think when you are on the EMB)

Sacks some in bunches. Everyone knows that. How many sacks could Osi have had in so many other games? He'll have over 10+ sacks again next year and then what will you say?

he was lucky

:whistle:

Osi chased more plays down for other players then Strahan or Tuck did. You've seen the Giants play you know this is true. Also, i'll get the tape of Osi sacking McNabb 6 times in one game and make you watch it if you don't stop badmouthing his awesomeness!

haha a pro bowl DE vs a rookie tackle (one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie) and ur making that as ur point...u might have some issues...love how all giants fans focus on there D(not to say its not good) because they all know there offense smells worse than ur moms vijaja after work on a hot summer day...almost like big foots ****

haha a pro bowl DE vs a rookie tackle (one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie) and ur making that as ur point...u might have some issues...love how all giants fans focus on there D(not to say its not good) because they all know there offense smells worse than ur moms vijaja after work on a hot summer day...almost like big foots ****

:huh:

what does this have to do with the Offense?

all 53 men on the Eagles roster would be starters on all other 31 teams....

(at least that's what you think when you are on the EMB)

yeah as a Giant fan you can get Eagles fans to admitt that maybe Tuck is better than Clemmons at DE and Shockey is better than LJ, but that is it, the Eagles are better at every other spot, and as a Cowboy fan i can get most to admitt Ware and Witten are better than their counterpart on the Eagles, but they will hold fast that the Eagles are better at the other 19 or so starting spots.

You completely missed my point. Conti comes over here, I can actually make him watch it. I've made him watch the highlights before. The look on his face was just so priceless.

No Eagles fans think he is. The rest of the NFL thinks Osi is.

* I love how you all talk like Strahan ate up all the doubles. Osi probably got doubled more last year. A few teams choose to double Strahan but most went after Osi. Strahan was 36 years old last year. Teams weren't gunning for him nearly as much.

Osi has had the better Career but since 2006 and currently- Cole is better

Osi finished with 13 sacks or something like that right? 6 of those came in one game while playing along side Tuck and Strahan. Cole Didn't have anyone on the other end, got doubled constantly and still put up 12.5 sacks had more tackles and tackle for losses.

Believe it or not, Cole is better as of right now and given that same situation Osi had, he'd put up 20 sacks easy

yeah as a Giant fan you can get Eagles fans to admitt that maybe Tuck is better than Clemmons at DE and Shockey is better than LJ, but that is it, the Eagles are better at every other spot, and as a Cowboy fan i can get most to admitt Ware and Witten are better than their counterpart on the Eagles, but they will hold fast that the Eagles are better at the other 19 or so starting spots.

it's amazing they haven't won anything significant since before color TV's were available to be bought in stores...

it's amazing they haven't won anything significant since before color TV's were available to be bought in stores...

I'm a Dallas fan, I can't bring that ish up, but you can.

it just amazes me though that they are better at every spot yet finished last.

Stevo-

That's not even true dawg, lol..

Your WR are better (only slightly though)

Eagle_smiley.jpg

Stevo-

That's not even true dawg, lol..

Your WR are better (only slightly though)

Eagle_smiley.jpg

ok, I'm exagerating a little, but I'm not far off!

if you go on the DCMB it's the same way though

Osi has had the better Career but since 2006 and currently- Cole is better

Osi finished with 13 sacks or something like that right? 6 of those came in one game while playing along side Tuck and Strahan. Cole Didn't have anyone on the other end, got doubled constantly and still put up 12.5 sacks had more tackles and tackle for losses.

Believe it or not, Cole is better as of right now and given that same situation Osi had, he'd put up 20 sacks easy

bingo

Osi beat everybody on the Eagles line not named Runyan. Bull rushes, doubles (should have tried this more, but Tuck would have taken advantage) stunts....hell, he even dropped into coverage.

Osi beat everybody on the Eagles line not named Runyan. Bull rushes, doubles (should have tried this more, but Tuck would have taken advantage) stunts....hell, he even dropped into coverage.

he stunted inside to the left guard a few times (Herrimens), and sometimes the Eagles provided a little help from a back or TE that he also beat, but he never went anwhere near the center or RG

DT:

1. Fred Robbins

2. Mike Patterson

3. Cornelius Griffin

4. Jay Ratliff

5. Broderick Bunkley

DE:

1. Trent Cole

2. Justin Tuck

3. Osi Umenyiora

4. Andre Carter

5. Chris Canty

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. Fletcher

4. James

5. Thomas

S:

1. Brian Dawkins

2. Ken Hamlin

3. LaRon Landry

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel/Terrence Newman

2. Lito Sheppard

3. Shawn Springs

4. Sheldon Brown

Any list that does not have Gregg Ellis, Aaron Ross, or Sammy Knight in it is an incomplete list.

he stunted inside to the left guard a few times (Herrimens), and sometimes the Eagles provided a little help from a back or TE that he also beat, but he never went anwhere near the center or RG

Yes I know, but apparently this is the MB for wild exaggerations.

Point being, Osi got Osi into the ProBowl, Justice was simply another player that had a rough day against him.

I'll say "Cole still had more"