Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Defense

Yes I know, but apparently this is the MB for wild exaggerations.

Point being, Osi got Osi into the ProBowl, Justice was simply another player that had a rough day against him.

wow u must be on some good stuff...usually a pro bowl player is picked based on their continuous domination...if u take 1 game away from a pro bowl player it shoudln't take them out of the pro bowl selection...so ur point was basically just flushed down the toilet along with my dung. And don't try and argue that he would have still made the pro bowl because it wouldn't even have been close

wow u must be on some good stuff...usually a pro bowl player is picked based on their continuous domination...if u take 1 game away from a pro bowl player it shoudln't take them out of the pro bowl selection...so ur point was basically just flushed down the toilet along with my dung. And don't try and argue that he would have still made the pro bowl because it wouldn't even have been close

Exaclty! He had 7 sacks in 15 games. That's actually Jevon Kearse-esque, lol... The 2nd game he had 1 sack so if you give him (lets just say 2) in game 1, he finishes with 9 sacks

he was lucky

:whistle:

:lol:

I know lol. Eagles fans here have their heads up their asses in regards to Osi. They underate him. But hey I remember when Kearse was better then Strahan, and Hugh Douglas was better then Strahan... Etc. They have always been that way. They always under-rate Giant defenders.

Any list that does not have Gregg Ellis, Aaron Ross, or Sammy Knight in it is an incomplete list.

I'd swap williams for Knight. I forgot about him, but the rest is right. The NFCE is strong at CB, and Shawn Springs and Sheldon Brown both had better years than Ross. Maybe after this year you put Ross up there, but not right now.

DT:

1. Fred Robbins.. he's the best DT in the division

2. Cornelius Griffin

3. Barry Cofield

4. Mike Patterson

5. Brodrick Bunkley

DE:

1. Osi Umenyiora.. Osi is the best DE in the division

2. Trent Cole..great up and coming player but don't let one season fool you, he's not better than Osi

3. Justin Tuck

4. Chris Canty

5. Mathias Kiwanuka

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. London Fletcher

4. Marcus Washington

5. Greg Ellis

S:

1. Laron Landry

2. Brain Dawkins

3. Ken Hamlin

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

* Watch out for K.Phillips and M.Johnson

CB:

1. Asante Samuel

2. Terrence Newman

3. Aaron Ross

4. Sheldon Brown

5. Carlos Rogers

* Sheppard is to injury prone to be on the list, plus he missed half the season.

Without pointing out the other 18 huge misreads... I'll just start with an easy one...

Fred Robbins, the best DT in the division? HA!

Only Jovan Haye had more tackles than Patterson. Robbins did have 5.5 sacks, whereas Patt only had 4... but Mike Patterson is the more solid in the division at this point. Robbins could be 2nd... MAYBE!

DT:

2. Cornelius Griffin

3. Barry Cofield

4. Mike Patterson

5. Brodrick Bunkley

DE:

2. Trent Cole..great up and coming player but don't let one season fool you, he's not better than Osi

3. Justin Tuck

4. Chris Canty

5. Mathias Kiwanuka

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. London Fletcher

4. Marcus Washington

5. Greg Ellis

S:

1. Laron Landry

2. Brain Dawkins

3. Ken Hamlin

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel

2. Terrence Newman

3. Aaron Ross

4. Sheldon Brown

5. Carlos Rogers

* Sheppard is to injury prone to be on the list, plus he missed half the season.

TexasGiantfan-

Dude, how do you call Lito out for missing half the season and then replace him with Carlos Rogers who missed more games then him? AND- He's still hurting...... You Giant fans (too funny)

DE

1. Demarcus Ware (yeah he's a LB but he's primarily a pass rusher even though he does everything well)

2. Osi

3. Cole

4. Tuck

5. Ellis (same as Ware)

DT

1. Bunk

2. Griffin

3. Patterson

4. Robbins

5. Ratliff

LB

1. Pierce

2. Fletcher

3. Washington

4. Gaither

5. I guess Zach Thomas

CB

1. Lito

2. Asante

3. Newman

4. Rogers

5. Brown

S

1. Dawkins

2. Landry

3. Hamlin

4. Butler

5. Roy by default

I know lol. Eagles fans here have their heads up their asses in regards to Osi. They underate him. But hey I remember when Kearse was better then Strahan, and Hugh Douglas was better then Strahan... Etc. They have always been that way. They always under-rate Giant defenders.

Strahan has been the best DE in the game for years. Anyone who wouldn't accept that is in fantasy land. Bias aside though, Cole is overall better than Osi IMO, I think Tuck will become better than Osi as well... but the 3 are all very close to each other IMO. I think Tuck plays the run the best of the 3, Osi is the best pure pass rusher, and Cole is the most versatile, able to defend well as a pass rusher and run stopper.

DT:

2. Cornelius Griffin

3. Barry Cofield

4. Mike Patterson

5. Brodrick Bunkley

DE:

3. Justin Tuck

4. Chris Canty

5. Mathias Kiwanuka

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. London Fletcher

4. Marcus Washington

5. Greg Ellis

S:

1. Laron Landry

2. Brain Dawkins

3. Ken Hamlin

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel

2. Terrence Newman

3. Aaron Ross

4. Sheldon Brown

5. Carlos Rogers

TexasGiantfan-

Dude, how do you call Lito out for missing half the season and then replace him with Carlos Rogers who missed more games then him? AND- He's still hurting...... You Giant fans (too funny)

Fred Robbins is not the best DT in the division he doesn't even play on 2nd down.

So you're telling me you'd rather have Aaron Ross than Lito? You're dumb.

DT

1. Bunk

2. Griffin

3. Patterson

4. Robbins

5. Ratliff

I love Bunk too. But he's not even the best on the Eagles, much less in the division.

I love Bunk too. But he's not even the best on the Eagles, much less in the division.

I don't know why people say that. He's way better than Patterson. They double Bunk on every play and he still is a monster. Patterson was a starter two years ago we couldn't stop the run, Bunkley never played. The next year we insert Bunkley and all of a sudden no one can run on us. There's one X in that equation. Bunkley is a man beast with tremendous speed and power at some point he's going to be considered one of the best in the game.

I don't know why people say that. He's way better than Patterson. They double Bunk on every play and he still is a monster. Patterson was a starter two years ago we couldn't stop the run, Bunkley never played. The next year we insert Bunkley and all of a sudden no one can run on us. There's one X in that equation. Bunkley is a man beast with tremendous speed and power at some point he's going to be considered one of the best in the game.

Ummm, so much wrong with this logic.

A. Who started along side Patt before? Perhaps Walker and Rayburn.

2. Your one X theory is broke, how about Omar Gaither playing in the middle over the older and less mobile Trot.

D. Addendum to 2, sub Gocong for Dhani. Another huge piece to the run stopping puzzle.

Ask Bunk, he'll tell you that Patterson is the more developed and better player at this point. Bunk may and hopefully will surpass Patterson. Bunk is an anchor against the run and is getting better. But Patterson is complete, he plays the run well and is a pass rushing threat, which Bunk is not.

To say he's way better than Patt is uninformed. By the end of this year he could catch up and maybe even pass Patt up, but at this juncture Patterson is a top 5-10 DT in the NFC and Patterson is not.

Correction, the Eagles run defense got better when they cut Jermiah "Wrong Hole" Trotter.

seeing that most of the spots had an EAGLES at the #1 - 3 spot how is it that we are not favored to take this DIV this year?

seeing that most of the spots had an EAGLES at the #1 - 3 spot how is it that we are not favored to take this DIV this year?

because you aren't as talented on offense? i mean it could play out diffrent, Jackson could be ROY for all I know, LJ could come back strong, Brown could take the next step, but looking on paper the Eagles have the best defense, but probably the 3rd best offense.

DT:

1. Mike Patterson

2. Cornelius Griffin (EDIT)

3. Jay Ratliff (EDIT)

4. Broderick Bunkley

5. Fred Robbins

DE:

1. Trent Cole

2. Justin Tuck

3. Osi Umenyiora

4. Chris Canty

5. Andre Carter (EDIT)

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. Omar Gaither

4. London Fletcher

5. Zach Thomas/Bradie James/Chris Gocong (EDIT)

S:

1. Brian Dawkins

2. Ken Hamlin

3. LaRon Landry

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel

2. Lito Sheppard

3. Terrance Newman

4. Sheldon Brown

5. Shawn Springs/Carlos Rogers (EDIT)

EDITS MADE ON JULY 5TH AT 11:30 PM.

This list is chock full of homerism. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I dunno, I haven't posted here in a while, so I figure I would poke fun for now. I hope everyone things the Giants will be last place at everything. :roll:

No one thinks that. But just because a team wins a championship doesn't mean they have the best players at every position.

This list is chock full of homerism. :roll: :roll:

You gonna add anything in any of these threads, or just keep making fun of other people's posts? :lol::rolleyes:

You gonna add anything in any of these threads, or just keep making fun of other people's posts? :lol::rolleyes:

I dunno, I haven't posted here in a while, so I figure I would poke fun for now. I hope everyone things the Giants will be last place at everything. :roll:

No one thinks that. But just because a team wins a championship doesn't mean they have the best players at every position.

I concur. But I like the underestimation as a whole I guess.

DT:

1. Mike Patterson

2. Cornelius Griffin (EDIT)

3. Jay Ratliff (EDIT)

4. Broderick Bunkley

5. Fred Robbins

DE:

1. Trent Cole

2. Justin Tuck

3. Osi Umenyiora

4. Chris Canty

5. Andre Carter (EDIT)

LB:

1. Demarcus Ware

2. Antonio Pierce

3. Omar Gaither

4. London Fletcher

5. Zach Thomas/Bradie James/Chris Gocong (EDIT)

S:

1. Brian Dawkins

2. Ken Hamlin

3. LaRon Landry

4. Quintin Mikell

5. Roy Williams

CB:

1. Asante Samuel

2. Lito Sheppard

3. Terrance Newman

4. Sheldon Brown

5. Shawn Springs/Carlos Rogers (EDIT)

EDITS MADE ON JULY 5TH AT 11:30 PM.

what a wasted thread homeee

Correction, the Eagles run defense got better when they cut Jermiah "Wrong Hole" Trotter.

Trotter was fine playing the run. They cut him because he couldn't cover me.

The one player i see consistently underrated is London Fletcher. Hes easily in the top 2 as far as linebackers go in the division. And i think you guys are overrating Cornelius Griffin. He was a monster in 2004 but age has slowed him down some.

Trotter was fine playing the run. They cut him because he couldn't cover me.

he was having problems getting to the edge on some run plays from what I remember. I thought he had been bad for awhile, but they covered up for him pretty well