Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaitherfan

Top 5 Lists: Defense

Right now i would say the Skins have the worst offense because we dont know how they will do yet. But they have the tools for a top 10 offense this year.

Right now i would say the Skins have the worst offense because we dont know how they will do yet. But they have the tools for a top 10 offense this year.

25 teams in the league have the tools to be a top 10 offense.

The only people I've ever heard proclaim Samuel is a better cornerback and football player than Newman are Eagles fans.

I know. And there is no stastitcal arguement either. Samuels sucks and didn't really have 8 interceptions last year. It was all in the Eagles fans head.

OH wait.....

SNAP!

I agree with the Cowboys fan. Newman is probably the NFCEs best CB.

The only people I've ever heard proclaim Samuel is a better cornerback and football player than Newman are Eagles fans.

Until I see Samuel play in JJs system, he's no more than a pretty good CB.

That said, he could wind-up being a great CB, but until it happens...

JJ will put him on an island, probably against the offenses #2 WR. The #1 WR will draw coverage from the other CB but have some help over the top.

If JJ doesn't feel that Samuel can press and cover like Brown or Shep. he'll get the #1 WR with help and will be able to use his (cover 2) skills due to the help which allows him to gamble a bit more and make the big plays that the defense in NE allowed him to make.

I know. And there is no stastitcal arguement either. Samuels sucks and didn't really have 8 interceptions last year. It was all in the Eagles fans head.

OH wait.....

SNAP!

Oh, OK. Romo has 1000X better stats than Eli, but does that make him better than Eli?

Oh, OK. Romo has 1000X better stats than Eli, but does that make him better than Eli?

1000X?

and no, it doesn't. 4-2 is Eli's best stat. (I know, his defensive line blocked so well anybody coulda... :huh: )

1000X?

and no, it doesn't. 4-2 is Eli's best stat. (I know, his defensive line blocked so well anybody coulda... :huh: )

I figured Eli's best stat would be '18-1*'.

:lol: :lol:

But that's my point. Stats don't measure everything. Eagles fans want to discredit Osi because 6 of his sacks last year were against Winston Justice. But when it comes to Samuel, the only thing that matters is he had 16 int's in the last 2 years...not wanting to face the fact that 10 of those were on some of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Ken Hamlin was 1 or 2 among safeties in the NFL in picks last year. Does that make him the best safety in the NFL? He led the NFC East safeties in picks, and not one person put him on the top of their lists of best safeties in the NFC East. But Samuel gets the most picks so he's automatically the best. Whatever.

Until I see Samuel play in JJs system, he's no more than a pretty good CB.

That said, he could wind-up being a great CB, but until it happens...

JJ will put him on an island, probably against the offenses #2 WR. The #1 WR will draw coverage from the other CB but have some help over the top.

If JJ doesn't feel that Samuel can press and cover like Brown or Shep. he'll get the #1 WR with help and will be able to use his (cover 2) skills due to the help which allows him to gamble a bit more and make the big plays that the defense in NE allowed him to make.

Yeah, pretty good. I guess that makes Anthony Henry AWesOMZZZZzzzZZZZzzZ!!!!111!!1

Then I guess you don't get out much.

Quintin Mikell and Omar Gaither are certainly debatable as being on the lists... but none of the others really are at all.

Placement on the Top 5 is very unclear, but I think the Eagles defense is solid going into this season. Can you debate that?

Amazing! So the signing of Samuel puts you on pace to improve from 8-8 to 16-0!

As Marge would say, Oh Homer!

Amazing! So the signing of Samuel puts you on pace to improve from 8-8 to 16-0!

As Marge would say, Oh Homer!

Yeah, the word "solid" truly says 16-0. Are you honestly that stupid? Really?

Yeah, the word "solid" truly says 16-0. Are you honestly that stupid? Really?

Nice, you are easily the most sensitive lady on the board. The comment was really for the guy above you so chill, its all good miss.

Nice, you are easily the most sensitive lady on the board. The comment was really for the guy above you so chill, its all good miss.

Tone is not easily conveyed in word, so I will try to be more blatant. Offended, I am not, but rather entertained by the fact you think yourself an intelligent human being. You are not, sir; indeed, you are not.

Tone is not easily conveyed in word, so I will try to be more blatant. Offended, I am not, but rather entertained by the fact you think yourself an intelligent human being. You are not, sir; indeed, you are not.

Ok. Oh and neither are you, nanananana....

yoda?