Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AceofSpades

Jaguars WR Matt Jones Arrested

MATT JONES GETS BUSTED

Posted by Mike Florio on July 10, 2008, 9:26 a.m.

The coming season is a make-or-break effort for Jaguars receiver Matt Jones. He simply hasn’t meshed with the team, dropping passes and generally seeming disinterested at times.

The good news? Jones has taken steps to fit in. The bad news? He did it by getting arrested.

A reader has forwarded to us this link from the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff’s office, indicating that Jones was arrested on July 10 for possession of a controlled substance.

So just as the "Days Without An Arrest” meter ventured back to the sacred ground of double digits, it’s sent back to "00.”

And, true to form, Jones’ mugshot displays indifference.

And here's his mugshot....

jonesmugshot.JPG

According to the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff's Office, Jaguars WR Matt Jones was arrested early Thursday for possession of a controlled substance.

Jones is holding his head high in his arrest photo, but he'll probably be cut shortly. According to the Sheriff's office, Jones has a hearing set for Friday. This is Jones' first arrest in the NFL, but he was already on the roster bubble and has been a mainstay in Jack Del Rio's doghouse the past two years.

Source: Washington Co (AR) Sheriff's Office

I hope he gets cut.... so we can pick him up....

According to the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff's Office, Jaguars WR Matt Jones was arrested early Thursday for possession of a controlled substance.

Jones is holding his head high in his arrest photo, but he'll probably be cut shortly. According to the Sheriff's office, Jones has a hearing set for Friday. This is Jones' first arrest in the NFL, but he was already on the roster bubble and has been a mainstay in Jack Del Rio's doghouse the past two years.

Source: Washington Co (AR) Sheriff's Office

I hope he gets cut.... so we can pick him up....

I guess when in doubt, pick up a druggie!

Dang! He looks just like a red X.

I knew mug shots could be bad but this is ridiculous.

lol

TATE will flip when they hear this.

OMG! Now we can get him super cheap!

I don't condone drug use by any means.....But if you're gonna do it, wouldn't common sense tell you not to do it in a car out in the open?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...s.ap/index.html

I remember when TATE was in an uproar about not taking this dude in the draft if I recall.

The message again: CUT YOUR COKE IN YOUR HOUSE!

:lol:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones faces a felony drug charge in his former college town after police say officers found him cutting up cocaine with a credit card Thursday morning.

The 25-year-old Jones and two other former Arkansas football players were inside a Toyota SUV in Fayetteville just after 12:40 a.m. Thursday when officers approached. Officers saw a card covered in a white powder in Jones' lap as he used a credit card to scrape it, a police report said.

Officers opened the door and ordered Jones to put his hands in the air. According to the report, Jones kept his left hand out of view, forcing at least one officer to draw his handgun.

Jones, 25-year-old Jared Hicks and 26-year-old Benjamin Cook were arrested. Officers say they searched the vehicle and found a plastic bag filled with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue.

Officers questioned Jones and he acknowledged the white powder was cocaine, the report said.

The team was waiting to learn details of the case before commenting.

"We're trying to investigate that now," Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver said of Jones' arrest. "We don't have all the facts. We will comment on that once we have all the facts."

Jones was being held Thursday at the Washington County jail on a charge of felony possession of a controlled substance.

Officers say Hicks had a small plastic straw coated with suspected cocaine behind his ear. Both Cook and Hicks face misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia. Neither was in jail Thursday morning, officials said.

Jones was a star quarterback at Arkansas, throwing for 5,857 yards and running for 2,535. He was a first-round draft pick in 2005, and the Jaguars made him a wide receiver.

Jones caught 77 passes for 1,075 yards and nine touchdowns in his first two pro seasons, but struggled in 2007. Early last season, Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio publicly questioned Jones' on-field demeanor, indicating that he was taking plays off and pouting when he didn't get the ball.

any season now we're going to be regretting not taking him, so athletic, so much upside

Guest joruz

I'm glad the the Eagles never fulfilled my wish to draft him or trade for him.

Tyrone_Biggums.jpg

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

idoit.

Atleast spell "idiot" right when you're talking smack!

You can't cut your coke at home. The entire concept is ridiculous - especially when it is humid and warm.

You have been exposed.

I'm thinking he's starting to regret adopting Micheal Irving's, "off season training regime".......