Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EaglesFan4Life215

OFFICIAL SIGNING: Kevin Jones

I really hope this works out for Kevin.

They guy said the day he was drafted the Eagles would be sorry for not picking him. That sure wasnt the case. Hopefully he can turn his career back around in the right directions in Tampa. Injuries have just about put a stamp on his career. I really like him, hes a local guy so ive been rooting for him. Good Luck!

and left without signing a contract? I wonder if he really is healthy. The Stillers love RBs.

yeah but they got Parker, Mendenhall, and Moore. They really don't need another one that badly right now.

yeah and with tampa they just extended graham or whatever and cadillac might come back from his injury earlier, seems a little crowded, unless they know for a fact caddie won't be healthy this year... i even heard detroit was surprised with his progress and would welcome him back, but i doubt it they cut him when he's injured thats a major f u move...

yeah but they got Parker, Mendenhall, and Moore. They really don't need another one that badly right now.

Yeah, true. They should be set -- I think Mendenhall's gonna be a stud.

Yeah, true. They should be set -- I think Mendenhall's gonna be a stud.

mendenhall is gonna be a big factor in the redzone, i just have that feeling.

Best of luck to Kevin- I've always been a fan and it's never cool to see a player lose his career to injuries.

steelers lost faneca, their run game and pass protection will take a big hit.

that's true...forgot about that. they had a mediocre oline last year with him as it was.

they should but they probably won't.

Spoke too soon:

"Free agent Kevin Jones is leaning towards signing with the Bears over the Steelers, according to Booth Newspapers.

It's a virtual no-brainer. Even if the Steelers were offering a bit more money (which we doubt anyways), clearly the best opportunity for Jones to rehab his value is in Chicago. A deal could be completed by Tuesday night. Jones is expected to receive the league minimum on a one-year agreement."

rotowire.com

I think Chicago was the best situation for him. They need a veteran RB, and he needed a job. He would have won rookie of the year in 2004 if it weren't for Big Ben going 15-1.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears signed running back Kevin Jones to a one-year deal worth $605,000 on Tuesday