Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packerbacker04

Cleveland Browns

I think they will actually regress a bit. Here's their schedule:

Week 1 - Cowboys

Week 2 - Steelers

Week 3 - @ Ravens

Week 4 - @ Bengals

Week 5 - bye

Week 6 - Giants

Week 7 - @ Redskins

Week 8 - @ Jags

Week 9 - Ravens

Week 10 - Broncos

Week 11 - @ Bills

Week 12 - Texans

Week 13 - Colts

Week 14 - @ Titans

Week 15 - @ Eagles

Week 16 - Bengals

Week 17 - @ Steelers

That's a hellva-tough schedule. 6 of those teams made the playoffs last year and the others aren't lower teir groups. I think they've gotten better, but it might not show in the end result. My guess is they will be 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Week 1 - Cowboys

Week 2 - Steelers

Week 3 - @ Ravens

Week 4 - @ Bengals

Week 5 - bye

Week 6 - Giants

Week 7 - @ Redskins

Week 8 - @ Jags

Week 9 - Ravens

Week 10 - Broncos

Week 11 - @ Bills

Week 12 - Texans

Week 13 - Colts

Week 14 - @ Titans

Week 15 - @ Eagles

Week 16 - Bengals

Week 17 - @ Steelers

That's a hellva-tough schedule. 6 of those teams made the playoffs last year and the others aren't lower teir groups. I think they've gotten better, but it might not show in the end result. My guess is they will be 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Damn. They play the NFC East and AFC South, the two of the best divisions in football.

Week 1 - Cowboys

Week 2 - Steelers

Week 3 - @ Ravens

Week 4 - @ Bengals

Week 5 - bye

Week 6 - Giants

Week 7 - @ Redskins

Week 8 - @ Jags

Week 9 - Ravens

Week 10 - Broncos

Week 11 - @ Bills

Week 12 - Texans

Week 13 - Colts

Week 14 - @ Titans

Week 15 - @ Eagles

Week 16 - Bengals

Week 17 - @ Steelers

Wow. Never seen their schedule before. That looks brutal.

yeah 8-8 looks about right

A drop below .500 wouldn't shock me either. They won't sneak up on teams this year. If they can start off the season 1-0, that'd be great! ;)

A drop below .500 wouldn't shock me either. They won't sneak up on teams this year. If they can start off the season 1-0, that'd be great! ;)

yeah i'm gonna be rooting for them hard against the cowboys

If im the Browns i'd be looking to trade Brady Quinn ASAP. Imagine what a team like the Bears would give up for Quinn? Probably the two 1sts you gave up to get him and another 3rd.

I do have a good feeling about Cincinatti for some reason.

What feeling is that? Were you high when you wrtoe this post? B-)

If im the Browns i'd be looking to trade Brady Quinn ASAP. Imagine what a team like the Bears would give up for Quinn? Probably the two 1sts you gave up to get him and another 3rd.

The Bears wouldn't do that.

Derek Anderson was on the block, essentially, this past off-season and no one was interested. He could still be a one-year wonder. Then again, he could also be a legit player. We'll see this year. However, if the Browns begin the year 0-4 or 2-5, they'll start the Quinn Era immediately.

To those saying they should deal Quinn -- why, I ask? Anderson's contract isn't locked and he knows that. Plus Brady is a local kid.

To those saying they should deal Quinn -- why, I ask? Anderson's contract isn't locked and he knows that. Plus Brady is a local kid.

With a very cap friendly contract. The Browns could easily deal with Quinn the way the Browns were forced to wait with Rodgers.

With a very cap friendly contract. The Browns could easily deal with Quinn the way the Packers were forced to wait with Rodgers.

Fixed.

They actually should have made the playoffs. You guys remember the force out call against Arizona last year when Anderson threw a td pass to Edwards and he was forced out and his two feet werent in bounds. That was a touchdown IMO but they ruled it not a touchdown. It was in AZ so if they would have won they go 11-5 make the playoffs. They were the better team then Tennessee last year too. Brady Quinn is in a tight spot right now since the browns thought he was the second coming now they pull a pro bowl qb out of their rears in Anderson so now Quinn has to hold a clipboard for a while until he goes to a different team.

They actually should have made the playoffs. You guys remember the force out call against Arizona last year when Anderson threw a td pass to Edwards and he was forced out and his two feet werent in bounds. That was a touchdown IMO but they ruled it not a touchdown. It was in AZ so if they would have won they go 11-5 make the playoffs. They were the better team then Tennessee last year too. Brady Quinn is in a tight spot right now since the browns thought he was the second coming now they pull a pro bowl qb out of their rears in Anderson so now Quinn has to hold a clipboard for a while until he goes to a different team.

The problem with that logic,ismost every team can say they got screwed at somepoint on a bad call. The better teams overcome it.

But they probably should have. 10-6 gets a team in 90 percent of the time probably. They are expected to be good this year if their defense can do anything at all. They do have a bit of a QB problem though. They should REALLY just trade Brady Quin. Sorry if I spelled his last name wrong.

Remember a few years ago when Wynsted lost his job bc he couldn't get his 10-6 team in the playoffs, there's an example of a rare exception. How can anyone call the browns a suprise team with the year they had last season? They've got a lot of talent on offense, what, with Joe Thomas, Kellen "Tha Soulja!" Winslow, Braylon Edwards, and Anderson. I'd also expect a big year with the new addition to the D-Line (though I think he is overrated), and wouldnt be at all shocked if Kamerion Wimbley has about 8 sacks.

Defense? Corner backs? Playing the 2 best divisions in football I don't know if they have enough. People salivate over their offense but I don't know if that other side of the ball has what it takes especially playing the NFC East and AFC South.

Defense? Corner backs? Playing the 2 best divisions in football I don't know if they have enough. People salivate over their offense but I don't know if that other side of the ball has what it takes especially playing the NFC East and AFC South.

They could be an improved team, but it might not show in their record. After seeing their schedule, they could be below .500 again this year. First 4 weeks are brutal.

They shouldn't have been losing to the Cardinals, for one, and secondly, they lost to the Bengals which basically put them out of playoff contention. Many Brown fans were upset that Indy played their backups vs. the Titans. It's hilarious bitterness beyond belief.

With a very cap friendly contract. The Browns could easily deal with Quinn the way the Browns were forced to wait with Rodgers.

Why deal Quinn when you don't know if Anderson is the next big thing or not?

They shouldn't have been losing to the Cardinals, for one, and secondly, they lost to the Bengals which basically put them out of playoff contention. Many Brown fans were upset that Indy played their backups vs. the Titans. It's hilarious bitterness beyond belief.

Why deal Quinn when you don't know if Anderson is the next big thing or not?

Yeah the bengals defense is awful. No way any team shouldnt have lost.

I was hoping to see the Browns make it in, but the fact is, Indy earned the right to tank that game.

10 wins last season and a slew of big name off season acquisitions. Yup, I'd be shocked if they were any good this year. In the spirit of the thread, I feel like going out on a limb as well: Oakland is going to struggle this year.

The Browns record vs the steelers since 1999 is 3-16. :lol: Well since the Browns came back as a franchise. I wonder if the Ratbirds will contend this year with Billick gone as their coach and now they have a new qb I believe. Bengals have no defense at all out there but will Carson Palmer carry the team on his back?

The Browns record vs the steelers since 1999 is 3-16. :lol: Well since the Browns came back as a franchise. I wonder if the Ratbirds will contend this year with Billick gone as their coach and now they have a new qb I believe. Bengals have no defense at all out there but will Carson Palmer carry the team on his back?

What sucks, is one of those wins knocked me out of a suicide pool I was in several years back. It was down to me and one other guy, and he had been knocked out earlier in the day. The game I lost was a Sunday Nighter. Thought for sure i'd have it, but no.