Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjw3477

OFFICIAL SIGNING: Ken Hamlin

So you watch there games and do reasearch on them. Sounds like a fan to me.

So you've never seen a team other than the Cowboys play? Do you cover half of your TV screen during the games?

Everytime they make the playoffs, I make money because I know it's one and done. So yes, I am a fan of making money when the Cowboys lose.

That's almost as reliable of a bet as betting against the Eagles to win the Superbowl....

Now that one is guaranteed money.

*RUNS AWAY LAUGHING*

That's almost as reliable of a bet as betting against the Eagles to win the Superbowl....

Now that one is guaranteed money.

*RUNS AWAY LAUGHING*

Yeah, I guess you could say that. However, it comes down to making money in the shortest amount of time possible. Being as though the 1st round is normally the 1st weekend in Jan and the SB is normally the 1st weekend in Feb.

I must admit though, wasn't looking at Jery Jones' face at the end of the Giants game priceless? Now, I'd pay to see that again and bet we'll see it again this year

Yeah, I guess you could say that. However, it comes down to making money in the shortest amount of time possible. Being as though the 1st round is normally the 1st weekend in Jan and the SB is normally the 1st weekend in Feb.

I must admit though, wasn't looking at Jery Jones' face at the end of the Giants game priceless? Now, I'd pay to see that again and bet we'll see it again this year

So let me get this straight. You watch the cowboys, you invest in the cowboys, you enjoy looking at the cowboys owner, and you do reasearch on the cowboys. I could be wrong, but u sure seem like a fan too me

You mean couch? Is that the one where Jackie Smith (TE)missed that wide open TD in the End Zone? It hit his hands and then hit the ground right?

I was at a Restaurant/Sportsbar collecting $150 after watching the Dallas/Sea game in 2006... Can you say the same?

no, he probably meant coach...they were butt buddies that night..going back and forth between receiver and passer

So let me get this straight. You watch the cowboys, you invest in the cowboys, you enjoy looking at the cowboys owner, and you do reasearch on the cowboys. I could be wrong, but u sure seem like a fan too me

Hey, if that's what it seems like then fine Jakey Jake.

What does this picture seem like?

large_071218__mcnabb.jpg

Hey, if that's what it seems like then fine Jakey Jake.

What does this picture seem like?

large_071218__mcnabb.jpg

A QB that went too a college where i'm from and i follow there basketball and football teams

A QB that went too a college where i'm from and i follow there basketball and football teams

Oh ok. So, since you followed their Football and Bball squads, are you a Fan of Mcnabb then? It seems that way to me

Cowboys are gonna be in some serous cap hell pretty soon. They have a bunch of large contracts.

Yeah, I wonder if these are all massively backloaded contracts, so they aren't as bad if they release the players within a few seasons.

Cowboys are gonna be in some serous cap hell pretty soon. They have a bunch of large contracts.

Yeah, but...

2008 Cap Hits:

Greg Ellis $4 mill

Terry Glenn $4mill

Marc Columbo $4 mill

Anthony Henry $5 mill

Roy Williams $7 mill

What do they all have in common? ...Probably won't be with the team in a year or two. That's roughly $24 million we can dump in the next year or two. Plus, TO is costing something around $9 mill against the cap, but by the time all these newer back-loaded contracts get to their back-ends, he'll be retired. So I really don't know what will happen in a few years, but this team is built to win right now, and if Jerry plays his cards right, and the team continues to draft well, the core of this team is locked up long term. We'll see. But I'm not going to pretend like I 100% understand how the crazy-a** salary cap works. I really don't know.

I don't mind giving back-loaded contracts to young guys, but I hate seeing them go to older guys. I love TO's deal because it's a short contract, he's getting the money he deserves, and won't screw up our salary cap after he's gone like what we went through with Dave Campo.

Yeah, but...

2008 Cap Hits:

Greg Ellis $4 mill

Terry Glenn $4mill

Marc Columbo $4 mill

Anthony Henry $5 mill

Roy Williams $7 mill

What do they all have in common? ...Probably won't be with the team in a year or two. That's roughly $24 million we can dump in the next year or two. Plus, TO is costing something around $9 mill against the cap, but by the time all these newer back-loaded contracts get to their back-ends, he'll be retired. So I really don't know what will happen in a few years, but this team is built to win right now, and if Jerry plays his cards right, and the team continues to draft well, the core of this team is locked up long term. We'll see. But I'm not going to pretend like I 100% understand how the crazy-a** salary cap works. I really don't know.

I don't mind giving back-loaded contracts to young guys, but I hate seeing them go to older guys. I love TO's deal because it's a short contract, he's getting the money he deserves, and won't screw up our salary cap after he's gone like what we went through with Dave Campo.

exactly, that and the fact that the cap goes up so much every year really saves alot of teams as well.

the good thing is we probably (you can never say for sure how they will turn out) have drafted replacements for all of the people above except Glenn, that will decide rather Dallas is any good after the next year or so, Will Spencer, Jenkins, Scandrick and Martin replace the guys above effectively. that and unless one of the young WR's really takes a big step we have to draft a WR.

exactly, that and the fact that the cap goes up so much every year really saves alot of teams as well.

the good thing is we probably (you can never say for sure how they will turn out) have drafted replacements for all of the people above except Glenn, that will decide rather Dallas is any good after the next year or so, Will Spencer, Jenkins, Scandrick and Martin replace the guys above effectively. that and unless one of the young WR's really takes a big step we have to draft a WR.

Yes, but you can't have studs at every position, and save WR, Dallas does have top-notch talent at most positions. We've been lucky with a few of our later round draft picks (Crayton, Hatcher, Canty), and I think guys like Jenkins and Scandrick are who will make Henry expendable. If our young linemen work out, Columbo and Kosier are expendable...and neither are all that great. The same applies at other positions as well. Plus, if we win the Superbowl, some of these guys are going to be looking for a payday somewhere else...which is fine, and expected. But what I love is guys like Romo, Gurode, Newman, Hamlin, Bigg Davis, Flozell, Witten, Barber, Canty, Hatcher, Crayton, and a few others are locked up long term and most of those guys are NOT on huge contracts and all of those guys make up a pretty decent core of players on both offense and defense.

One thing to keep in mind though, is guaranteed money and prorated bonuses. Hamlin is guaranteed $15 mill with $9 of it signing bonus. He's costing $2.xx this year, so we've got $12.xx left to pay off his cap-hit. Once Roy is gone, that opens up $4 to $5 more we can put towards Hamlin, and pay a younger guy, or IMO, Pat Watkins. So we'd actually improve the secondary by dumping Williams, and save a ton on the cap by both losing Roy's cap hit, and being able to pay off more of Hamlin's. But dumping Roy now would cost something like $8 or $9 mill against the '08 cap.

...and I'm not even sure about the accuracy of all of that. The salary cap is one crazy ordeal.

Yes, but you can't have studs at every position, and save WR, Dallas does have top-notch talent at most positions. We've been lucky with a few of our later round draft picks (Crayton, Hatcher, Canty), and I think guys like Jenkins and Scandrick are who will make Henry expendable. If our young linemen work out, Columbo and Kosier are expendable...and neither are all that great. The same applies at other positions as well. Plus, if we win the Superbowl, some of these guys are going to be looking for a payday somewhere else...which is fine, and expected. But what I love is guys like Romo, Gurode, Newman, Hamlin, Bigg Davis, Flozell, Witten, Barber, Canty, Hatcher, Crayton, and a few others are locked up long term and most of those guys are NOT on huge contracts and all of those guys make up a pretty decent core of players on both offense and defense.

One thing to keep in mind though, is guaranteed money and prorated bonuses. Hamlin is guaranteed $15 mill with $9 of it signing bonus. He's costing $2.xx this year, so we've got $12.xx left to pay off his cap-hit. Once Roy is gone, that opens up $4 to $5 more we can put towards Hamlin, and pay a younger guy, or IMO, Pat Watkins. So we'd actually improve the secondary by dumping Williams, and save a ton on the cap by both losing Roy's cap hit, and being able to pay off more of Hamlin's. But dumping Roy now would cost something like $8 or $9 mill against the '08 cap.

...and I'm not even sure about the accuracy of all of that. The salary cap is one crazy ordeal.

yeah, I'd just like to get a little better and a little younger at WR, that and hitting on an O lineman or two in the draft would be great, we can't afford to go big FA shopping all across the OL. I do like the fact that we have locked up most of our good younger players long term.

the cap is crazy though, every year I expect the skins to go into cap hell and it never really happens

Yawn.

I expected this to happen.

what? the Eagles to be the 3rd best team in the NFCE? :P

If you think the Eagles will be the 3rd best team in the league, you got something coming to ya.

Then that must mean Washington and New York are fighting for 1st and 2nd place in our division :P

Then that must mean Washington and New York are fighting for 1st and 2nd place in our division :P

I was just being an arse, I really can't decide who I think will be the best team in the NFCE, I think the Eagles have as good a chance as any as long as Mcnabb stays healthy

go back into the Eli thread where we all agree on something!

I was just being an arse, I really can't decide who I think will be the best team in the NFCE, I think the Eagles have as good a chance as any as long as Mcnabb stays healthy

Me too... Honestly though, I don't even know myself who's going to win it. Every team is just as strong as the other

Why go back in there? Hornet and the guys have already decided Eli is better then Montana and the boys (What's left to talk about)

I can't pick a clearcut winner either, but I tend to go with the previous winner unless there are surefire reasons not to, so for now I have to go with Dal...let me try again...The Cowb...

Ok, that crappy team north of Houston. :P

I can't pick a clearcut winner either, but I tend to go with the previous winner unless there are surefire reasons not to, so for now I have to go with Dal...let me try again...The Cowb...

Ok, that crappy team north of Houston. :P

:lol: