Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nconti66

Toughest Players In NFL History

1) Chuck Bednarik. Good Ol' Concrete Charlie, lets face it, there's no way in hell he's not numero uno

2) Lawrence Taylor. LT revolutionized the game, the things he did on the field where just scary. (BTW, What does LT and an empty soda machine have in common? They're both coked out.)

3) Steve McNair. This guy took more beatings at the QB position then anyone I know, one tough SOB

4) Brett Favre, The NFL Ironman

5) Jeff Feagles, The Other NFL Ironman

Nobody was tougher then Taylor. People might have been as tough but it's impossible to be any tougher.

I normally would agree but it's realy tough to argue against Bednarik

1) Chuck Bednarik. Good Ol' Concrete Charlie, lets face it, there's no way in hell he's not numero uno

2) Lawrence Taylor. LT revolutionized the game, the things he did on the field where just scary. (BTW, What does LT and an empty soda machine have in common? They're both coked out.)

3) Steve McNair. This guy took more beatings at the QB position then anyone I know, one tough SOB

I just wonder what you mean about Feagles is an ironman?

Nobody was tougher then Taylor. People might have been as tough but it's impossible to be any tougher.

Did Taylor play hurt alot?

What about Jack Youngblood of the Rams, broke his leg in the 1st half and played the 2nd.

If you're too young to have seen tham play, you might not agree, but Butkus and Unitas were 2 tough sobs!

Many players, pre-1970's would suit up every week with injuries that would have today's players out for weeks/months.

Did Taylor play hurt alot?

What about Jack Youngblood of the Rams, broke his leg in the 1st half and played the 2nd.

He played his best game as a pro with a badly seperated shoulder.

He played his best game as a pro with a badly seperated shoulder.

1988 or 89 down in New Orleans...Sunday Night game...I remember it very well...I think Hostetler was the QB that night too...

Didn't Ronnie Lott sacrifice a finger to finish a game? That's pretty frickin tough.

nah, it was during the week and it was either have season ending surgery or lose the tip of the finger, very tough none the less

Didn't Ronnie Lott sacrifice a finger to finish a game? That's pretty frickin tough.

yeah...a playoff game in 84 I think...he told the trainer to cut it off...

1988 or 89 down in New Orleans...Sunday Night game...I remember it very well...I think Hostetler was the QB that night too...

Yup. The Giants scored one TD. So LT raped the Saints.

My top 3 would include Ronnie Lott (cut my finger off), LT and Reggie White. I remember a game where Brown or Pitts rolled over the back of Reggie's legs. I thought for sure, at least 1 torn ACL/MCL. He got up, jogged off the field, took a snap off and returned. Never skipped a beat.

Feagles? Thats a joke right. He is a frigin punter.

Concrete Charlie definitely deserves Top 3 nomination at the very least.

and say what you want, but McNabb DID play 3 quarters on a broken ankle.

Ty Detmer played a game with 2 seperated shoulders ;):D

All time tough list that I've seen (I'm just 30).

Lott - Finger is one thing, but the guy was a beast that was avoided

Romanowski - Tough as nails and was dirty. His career ended from concussions. He mentioned he had about 12 diagnosed, but he had another 20-30 that he just played through.

Runyan - I can't believe he wasn't already mentioned. The man-bear-pig doesn't break down.

Favre - I've got a theory that he doesn't have a bone or muscle in his body. He's all grizzle. The tough part of a cheap steak that no matter how much you chew won't break apart.

I think that was so he copuld play in the SB, I'd do the same, I mean it's the big one.

I just wonder what you mean about Feagles is an ironman?

He's got the record for consecutive starts, but they took the title and gave it to Favre. Lots of Giants fans I know refer to him as such.