Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tumtum

Carolina's scheduel

Carolina hasn't been good since all 5 of their lineman stopped taking roids. They will have from 4-6 wins.

Do you not remember this team was like 6-2 at one point around when Delhomme went down?? They were still a decent team.

:wacko: WTF? I don't remember that because Delhomme went down in the 3rd game of the season and they only won 7 games all year.

I guess it takes a Cowboys' fan to be that far off. :nonono:

i dunno if i would want a top 5 pick top 10 yeah....top 5 is too much money

unless the player they pick is well...money

Are you kidding me? Do you realize how high the salary cap is going? And how much leftover the Eagles are scheduled to have?

My God you'd think it was your money. :lol:

Do you not remember this team was like 6-2 at one point around when Delhomme went down?? They were still a decent team.

Jake had surgery, their DLine is GOD awful, as is their secondary. I see 5-7 wins AT BEST.

Delhomme went down in Week 3 last season with a 2-1 record, Carolina was 4-2 after Week 6 and then proceeded to lose 5 in a row.

1 Sep 07 CAR @ SD 4:15 PM Tickets FOX

2 Sep 14 CHI @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

3 Sep 21 CAR @ MIN 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

4 Sep 28 ATL @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

5 Oct 05 KC @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

6 Oct 12 CAR @ TB 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

7 Oct 19 NO @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

8 Oct 26 ARI @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

9 Bye

10 Nov 09 CAR @ OAK 4:05 PM Tickets FOX

11 Nov 16 DET @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

12 Nov 23 CAR @ ATL 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

13 Nov 30 CAR @ GB 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

14 Dec 08 TB @ CAR 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN

15 Dec 14 DEN @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

16 Dec 21 CAR @ NYG 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

17 Dec 28 CAR @ NO

Dosn't look that rough to me! Ive hated these schlubs and John Fox since 03 purely for the NFC championship game, adn will enjoy rooting against them this year. Im ready to watch as many of these games as I can and root for a new team every week!

Relax,, John.Fox has had a total of 2 winning seasons since he has been the Panthers coach with good talent,and this team stinks.I am always curious as to how this guy not only is still coaching,but somehow people think he is a good coach.

If we ever wanted to have a discussion on the most overrated coach in the NFL,,it would end real quick.Hands down it's JOHN FOX.I don't care what there schedule is,I still see them going 4-12/6-10

0-16 and the 1st pick in the 2009 draft is ours! Hollaaa!!! :ph34r:

How GREAT would it be if we got the first overall pick while the Panthers have a HORRIBLE season? I'd be ecstatic to get the 1st and 32nd pick :-)

How GREAT would it be if we got the first overall pick while the Panthers have a HORRIBLE season? I'd be ecstatic to get the 1st and 32nd pick :-)

:thumbsup::lol:

Nice

I'm not concentrating on their schedule, because I think they are going to be a good team. Here's my quick breakdown of the Panthers:

Offence:

In Short, last year they were horrible. Delhomme went down and they were stuck having horrible QB play trying to get the ball to their only playmaker (Smith). This year Delhomme is healthy (for now) and Moore actually looks like he can be a decent backup. At WR they have far more weapons with adding Hackett and Muhammad. They have also changed their O line quite a bit. If anything this is where they will be worse, but they've transitioned to a larger, grind it out type group. Typically when getting more physical on the line they can make up for some of the talent drop off. Finally their RB situation will be the same, if not a bit better. Before they had two backups sharing a spot in oft injured Williams and Foster. Now they have a legit pounder in Stewart and Toefield adds decent depth (A Buckhalter type runner).

If Delhomme stays healthy this year he will get hot for a few games. If that Oline can do a good job they now have the weapons to put up some points. If that happens they could win a few games just putting up a bunch of points.

Defence:

Last year the issue what that they couldn't ge to the QB and I didn't see any of that change year over year. Peppers is coming off a horrible 1.5 seasons and the middle of that line is looking weaker against the run. Adding to that the backup DTs are Darwin Walker and Ian Scott, who both have been regarded as liabilities against the run (If you talk to people in Chicago he's blamed for much of how Indy was able to run on them on the Super Bowl). Where they might have gotten better is at LB. Connor was a very highly rated MLB. If he can contribute right away it frees up Beason to play the outside where he can be used more as a blitzer and a playmaker. Their secondary looks real good, but it might be like the Eagles were 3 years ago when we had no pass rush. It doesn't matter how good a corner is when he has to cover for 4+ seconds.

This side of the ball can kill the team. Unless something like Peppers having a monster year happens I think they are in trouble. They will hold up well, but loose the trench wars that are always worth a few games in the NFL.

I see them being around 8-8. My guess is if they have that additional mid first round pick they will have that and Lito to negotiate with. They can either move up in the round to target someone like Crabtree or look at what kind of trades are out there (Boldin, R. Williams - if franchised, or others).

1 Sep 07 CAR @ SD 4:15 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

2 Sep 14 CHI @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX WIN

3 Sep 21 CAR @ MIN 1:00 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

4 Sep 28 ATL @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX WIN

5 Oct 05 KC @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets CBS LOSS

6 Oct 12 CAR @ TB 1:00 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

7 Oct 19 NO @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

8 Oct 26 ARI @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

9 Bye

10 Nov 09 CAR @ OAK 4:05 PM Tickets FOX WIN

11 Nov 16 DET @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX LOSS

12 Nov 23 CAR @ ATL 1:00 PM Tickets FOX WIN