Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packerbacker04

running up the score

No problem at all. Isn't the more important question..."why can't the defense make just one stop?"

When I hear people complaining about running up the score, the first thing I think about is the Oilers @ Bills playoff game. I believe the Oilers were up 35-0 at halftime and lost. To a backup QB to boot.

To each his own. For me, once the score gets to a certain point at a certain point in the game, I want to see if Jenkins can guard Plax. Or I want to see if Brad Johnson can still complete a pass. I want to see how our young linemen hold up, but not at the expense of Tony Romo. And I certainly don't want to see all of that at one time. But once you get to that point, and your backup guys are scoring at will, then fine.

Keep scoring untill the clock stops. Points are factored into the playoff tie breakers. It could be the difference in making the post season or not.

If you are up by 25+, put in some 2nd string guys. Give them some experience with a mixed 1st/2nd string squad playing against a real opponent. No reason to risk injusry to starters when the game is pretty much over.