Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milhouse

'Skins Philip Daniels carted off field

link

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels was undergoing tests on his left knee Sunday after injuring it during the first practice of training camp.

Daniels was hurt on the first play of 7-on-7 offense vs. defense drills.

He stayed down on the turf for several minutes before being taken away on a cart.

I hope its just a sprain. We can never get through a training camp and pre-season without a starter going down. I hope this opens the door to all the young DEs on the roster and that we find a gem.

I hope its just a sprain. We can never get through a training camp and pre-season without a starter going down. I hope this opens the door to all the young DEs on the roster and that we find a gem.

every team has that same problem.

The ESPN.com headline says Sources: Skins DE Daniels done, Taylor on radar. But then when you click it it goes to the carted off story.

I'm sure you all can figure out what that means.

Thats looking at the cup half full.

But the popular opinion is that they are thin at D Line. If the injury is serious, this could be a real problem.

P.S. I met Joe Theisman last Friday. (I was upgraded, and he sat in the row behind me, one seat over to the left) I thought, being on a flight to IAD, that he would have been a bit hesitant to interact with the group, but he was pretty friendly with everyone that approached. He also got out of his seat to help a woman 2 rows back get her luggage in the overhead compartment (and when we landed, he helped her get it down as well). I thought that was really nice, since he actually went out of his way (I didnt notice she was having trouble until he got up)

He did have one stalker tho. After everyone boarded, the lady that collected boarding passes ran on the plane with a pen and paper in hand. "Don't act like you dont know me Joe!!!"

every team has that same problem.

Pretty much.

Daniels is the first NFL starter to go down for the year this training camp, but it's highly unlikely he'll be the last.

Hate to see this kind of stuff in camp.

Thats looking at the cup half full.

But the popular opinion is that they are thin at D Line. If the injury is serious, this could be a real problem.

P.S. I met Joe Theisman last Friday. (I was upgraded, and he sat in the row behind me, one seat over to the left) I thought, being on a flight to IAD, that he would have been a bit hesitant to interact with the group, but he was pretty friendly with everyone that approached. He also got out of his seat to help a woman 2 rows back get her luggage in the overhead compartment (and when we landed, he helped her get it down as well). I thought that was really nice, since he actually went out of his way (I didnt notice she was having trouble until he got up)

He did have one stalker tho. After everyone boarded, the lady that collected boarding passes ran on the plane with a pen and paper in hand. "Don't act like you dont know me Joe!!!"

Thats a cool story, ive always heard Theismann was a class-act. I was disappointed when they replaced him on Monday Night.

Ok it has now been confirmed: phil daniels is out for the season on the first play of training camp.

Wow..this is a bad omen. He will probably retire.

ESPN is speculating but they are saying it is a ACL and we are talking to the phins for Jason Taylor :blink: ESPN also said we have everybody signed and are sitting on 9mil in cap room :o

ESPN is speculating but they are saying it is a ACL and we are talking to the phins for Jason Taylor :blink: ESPN also said we have everybody signed and are sitting on 9mil in cap room :o

:roll:

Go ahead and trade those top 2009 picks Danny boy.

Ouch. That truly sucks

He's been fairly injury prone for the past few years if I remember correctly. Talented guy though

Redskins DE Alex Buzbee was just carted off the field during the first 30 minutes of the afternoon practice...our d-line is getting hit hard on the 1st day of training camp.

And the Skins are not going after Taylor:

A Redskins official, who asked not to be identified because of the league's tampering rules, denied an ESPN report that the team is pursuing Miami star DE Jason Taylor, who has been seeking a trade and says he wants to play one more NFL season before exploring Hollywood opportunities.

Reported by JLC

Sucks for the Skins. Really does.

RedskinForLife, do you want Taylor?

I'm assuming you are asking me lol. No i dont want Taylor at all. We would have to give up a high pick next year for a guy who would have a big salary and play only 1 more year. Plus we are not guaranteed to be contenders this year so it would be a huge waste. We are already without a 4th round pick next year due to the trade for Pete Kendall.

:roll:

Go ahead and trade those top 2009 picks Danny boy.

Exactly what will happen...... he can't hellp himself and doesn't realize he is the laughingstock of the NFL.

Theres nothing funny about getting Jason Taylor. This isnt Danny signing some scrub, Carter, or Randel El, Brunell etc. etc.

This is a serious difference maker. Losing Daniels could be a blessing in disguise if this is true.

I really hope they dont get Taylor.

God this sucks. First day of training camp, starter goes down for the year. And I reallly don't want to break the bank for Jason Taylor, that's stupid.

They're dropping like flies in Ashburn. I guess Coach Zorn doesn't make the guys stretch, being the nice guy that he is.

Theres nothing funny about getting Jason Taylor. This isnt Danny signing some scrub, Carter, or Randel El, Brunell etc. etc.

This is a serious difference maker. Losing Daniels could be a blessing in disguise if this is true.

I really hope they dont get Taylor.

Not to put you down but I don't think Taylor wants to go to the skins. He's hoping to go to a contender. Not that he has a say.