Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milhouse

'Skins Philip Daniels carted off field

Alex Buzbee is done for the season too, he ruptured his Achilles tendon. Smoot only has a sprained left ankle.

WTF, has some navajo witch doctor cursed your TC because they dont like your name? :P

The complete disregard for depth really bit this team in the a** in a hurry.

It wasnt really a disregard for depth, we took BPA during the draft. Unfortunately for us we had a number of areas that needed improvement and we are a better team this year then we were last year but our bad luck may be the end of us. I would expect a 3 way rotation on Daniels DE spot between Demetric Evans, Chris Wilson, and Marcus Washington.

Don't forget that we also have Erasmus James who will be cleared to play in the pre-season. He could prove to be huge this year if he stays healthy.

Would you trade Howard to the Skins if they offered up say a 4th round pick?

That would be hard to do since we dont have a 4th next year. We used that on Pete Kendall.

The complete disregard for depth really bit this team in the a** in a hurry.

:nonono:

DUDE

Even when he was healthy, Erasmus James wasn't much of a pass-rusher.

You all should have taken Quentin Groves instead of one of Fred Davis or Malcolm Kelly.

Okay, something similar. Say a 5th in 2009 and another 5th in 2010.

I can't stand the 'Skins, but this is a perfect example of how dangerous this time of year is. I hate the risk for all teams.

All he reportedly did, was jump over a guy. It is like Buck going down with his knee tear when no-one touched him There is absolutely nothing, anyone on the planet could have down to stop that from happening. Including wrapping every player at TC in a protective layering of bubble-wrap, and covering the entire field with goose down pillows.

Man just a horrible day for the Skins. You hate to see this happening to anybody especially now. Now I'm scared about starting camp tomorrow.

:nonono:

DUDE

What? Did it not? I didnt say I was glad it happened, and I wasnt making a joke. The morality police really need to take a break.

Training camp injuries are the worst kind, it sucks for any team (well every team, since pretty much all of them have them) :thumbsdown:

It wasnt really a disregard for depth, we took BPA during the draft. Unfortunately for us we had a number of areas that needed improvement and we are a better team this year then we were last year but our bad luck may be the end of us. I would expect a 3 way rotation on Daniels DE spot between Demetric Evans, Chris Wilson, and Marcus Washington.

Don't forget that we also have Erasmus James who will be cleared to play in the pre-season. He could prove to be huge this year if he stays healthy.

That would be hard to do since we dont have a 4th next year. We used that on Pete Kendall.

And that's where a GOOD front office comes into play. If the BPA is at a position that you have no more need and you have glaring needs elsewhere, you TRADE BACK and acquire more picks and get a guy you need. Just my humble opinion.

And that's where a GOOD front office comes into play. If the BPA is at a position that you have no more need and you have glaring needs elsewhere, you TRADE BACK and acquire more picks and get a guy you need. Just my humble opinion.

We did trade back. And we will probably trade back again next year.

We did trade back. And we will probably trade back again next year.

OK...just look out in Arizona to see how far a ton of talent at one position gets a team. I'm not hating on the Skins I just think they're compromising their future and the depth of the team. They already had to break the bank due to injuries and lack of depth on the first day of camp. They are very thin at most positions. They have a bunch of top-paid starters but nothing after that on the o-line, d-line, LB, CB, S, etc. But hey...you've got six top-o-the-line WRs. Just like Arizona.

OK...just look out in Arizona to see how far a ton of talent at one position gets a team. I'm not hating on the Skins I just think they're compromising their future and the depth of the team. They already had to break the bank due to injuries and lack of depth on the first day of camp. They are very thin at most positions. They have a bunch of top-paid starters but nothing after that on the o-line, d-line, LB, CB, S, etc. But hey...you've got six top-o-the-line WRs. Just like Arizona.

Whenever you trade multiple draft picks for 1 guy you are always taking a risk. Unfortunately we were put in a situation where we either make the trade or sit out the season. And theres nothing wrong with surrounding your quarterback with talent, especially a young guy who is developing and needs all the help he can get.

Whenever you trade multiple draft picks for 1 guy you are always taking a risk. Unfortunately we were put in a situation where we either make the trade or sit out the season. And theres nothing wrong with surrounding your quarterback with talent, especially a young guy who is developing and needs all the help he can get.

Any news on Smoot? If it doesnt work out, I hear we have an extra CB and that the FO loves them some draft picks.

Any news on Smoot? If it doesnt work out, I hear we have an extra CB and that the FO loves them some draft picks.

Smoots fine, he is practicing at 100% today.

And if anyone cares to hear more about the Skins defensive line injuries. Starting DT Anthony Montgomery went down during today's scrimmage with a broken hand.

And if anyone cares to hear more about the Skins defensive line injuries. Starting DT Anthony Montgomery went down during today's scrimmage with a broken hand.

That really sucks man, I feel bad for you guys. When it rains, it pours.

bummer~

I'm just curious. After last season, and especially after hiring Jim Zorn, would you have said either A. I think the Redskins have fine wide receivers, they don't need to upgrade at all, with those wide receivers they should be able to play the WCO just fine. Or would you have said B. The Redskins need to get some new wide receivers, Moss is always injured, Randle El is better as a #3, and they are going to play a WCO this year that those two just aren't suited for, so either through free agency or the draft they should bring in guys that know the WCO. I'm just curious that's all.