Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghettobird

OFFICIAL: Jason Taylor TRADED to WSH for 2009 2nd + 2010 6th

Yes. Sheppard is injury-prone. You would have probably had to offer Sheppard and a pick.

:roll:

Skins fans :lol:

Considering next offseason, we are gonna be absolutley forced to trade Sheppard (for lesser value), it would have been a fine deal to get 2-3 years of Jason Taylor.

Considering next offseason, we are gonna be absolutley forced to trade Sheppard (for lesser value)

Which is why it wouldn't be the end of the world if they traded Lito for Boldin.

I'll say it again...they can't think too highly of Abiamiri if they were going to drop a probowl corner for an aging DE to bannish their 2nd year 2nd round pick to the bench.

Keep brushing it off and saying I'm full of **** just because you don't like what I'm saying.

I'll say it again...they can't think too highly of Abiamiri if they were going to drop a probowl corner for an aging DE to bannish their 2nd year 2nd round pick to the bench.

Keep brushing it off and saying I'm full of **** just because you don't like what I'm saying.

Thats why I think it was BS they offered Lito.

But even so not neccessarily, the Eagles love to rotate defensive ends, so it wouldn't have exactly been putting Abiamiri on the bench.

Thats why I think it was BS they offered Lito.

But even so not neccessarily, the Eagles love to rotate defensive ends, so it wouldn't have exactly been putting Abiamiri on the bench.

Well, there is a definite possibility that it's BS. It's well known that Lito was dangled in the face of several teams...so at this point he may be falsely associated with trades thanks to mere assumption.

I hope that's the case.

Well, there is a definite possibility that it's BS. It's well known that Lito was dangled in the face of several teams...so at this point he may be falsely associated with trades thanks to mere assumption.

I hope that's the case.

That was before the draft. The day before training camp is a whole different story.

Considering next offseason, we are gonna be absolutley forced to trade Sheppard (for lesser value), it would have been a fine deal to get 2-3 years of Jason Taylor.

jp082005_1659.jpg

Its pretty laughable to think that Andy Reid wasnt at least interested in aquiring Jason Taylor.

Hes one of the best DE's/ Defensive players of his generation period. Who can still play at that high level. And hes practically begging for a contender to trade for him.

It made too much sense. Which is why it was reported on multiple occasions by different reporters that we had been trying to get him.

The homers on this board, dont wanna hear that its possible this team could still use an upgrade like him at DE, so they come up with some lame excuses not to get him. "HES NOT COMMITED TO FUTBALL HE WENT ON DANCIN WIH STARS!!1 HES A FAIRY!!1" "WE HAVE CLEMONS!!1" And the best is the excuses that he was gonna retire. Well hes come out and said hes gonna honor his contract and possibly play longer. So you cant use that one.

But w/e Hes a Skin now, so you can all try and make excuses when hes getting 10 sacks the next couple years.

I'm not ripping the Eagles for not getting him, I'm ripping all the idiots on this board, who wanted to live in a fantasty world that we dont want him.

:rolleyes:

One has nothing to do with the other.

First, they are completely different styles of players. Taylor is a lean, speedy, pass rushing RDE. Abiamiri is a big, run stuffing LDE/pass rushing DT.

Second, the Eagles are allowed to like Abiamiri and still go after another good DE. They do value DE you know? Does drafting Laws mean they don't like Patterson? No - of course not. The fact is that you need lots of DL.

Thirdly, what - other then your own baseless negativity - makes you think they don't like VA instead of, say, Howard or Parker, McDougle, or any one else?

You're looking desperately for a problem, as usual.

Uh, no, we aren't.

First off, the on'y way any team would even trade for him is if he stays healthy.

Second, any team that does trade for him has to be willing to give him a huge contract. Otherwise, they won't trade for him. And it's not a given that any team would.

Third, we STILL have him under contract untill 2010. He has ZERO leverage. We have 2 good starters to replace him with. We drafted a first round talent at corner this past year who will be ready to play. We have one of the better dime backs in the game in Hanson. And we have more ammo then any team in next years draft to protect our selves. So let him sit out and get fined to death for all I care. Fact is, while he's a great player and makes us better, losing him doesn't cripple our team.

Fourth - where in the hell are you getting this "lesser value" BS from? If he stays healthy all season, we'll be watching him in Hawaii. And that means his value has INCREASED.

:rolleyes:

One has nothing to do with the other.

First, they are completely different styles of players. Taylor is a lean, speedy, pass rushing RDE. Abiamiri is a big, run stuffing LDE/pass rushing DT.

Second, the Eagles are allowed to like Abiamiri and still go after another good DE. They do value DE you know? Does drafting Laws mean they don't like Patterson? No - of course not. The fact is that you need lots of DL.

Thirdly, what - other then your own baseless negativity - makes you think they don't like VA instead of, say, Howard or Parker, McDougle, or any one else?

You're looking desperately for a problem, as usual.

I'm not looking desperately for a problem. I'm looking desperately for Abiamiri to be a stud at DE. I am higher on him that most on this board. And you are proving my point. Abiamiri is a big, run stuffing LDE for first and second down. If Taylor were here, who do you think would be playing first and second down? Taylor. And Taylor would be getting the majority of the third down pass rush opportunities as well. And what DE's does JJ like to sub in for his starters? The undersized pass rushers. So who would spend most of the rotational time filling in for Taylor? Clemons and Parker.

Where does that leave Abiamiri? The pass rushing DT. THAT's why I'm concerned that the eagles would even think about adding Taylor. Abiamiri is the one who would be put on the shelf as a result.

I'm not looking desperately to find problems. Any 8-8 has plenty of problems plain for the eye to see. You really must have your head in the clouds if you think I'm desperately looking for problems every time I voice concerns. You'd think the team had no issues whatsoever.

I was just watching NFL network and Schefter reported that all NFC East teams took a stab at Taylor. He said the Eagles dangled Sheppard for a deal. Thankfully he ended up in Washington, because that would of been heartbreaking stupidity. I tried to find a link to the video but it ain't up yet.

i think that the Eagles, giants, and cowboys all got in the mix to make the 'skins up their own bid for taylor.

all psychological.

I'm not looking desperately for a problem. I'm looking desperately for Abiamiri to be a stud at DE. I am higher on him that most on this board. And you are proving my point. Abiamiri is a big, run stuffing LDE for first and second down. If Taylor were here, who do you think would be playing first and second down? Taylor. And Taylor would be getting the majority of the third down pass rush opportunities as well. And what DE's does JJ like to sub in for his starters? The undersized pass rushers. So who would spend most of the rotational time filling in for Taylor? Clemons and Parker.

Where does that leave Abiamiri? The pass rushing DT. THAT's why I'm concerned that the eagles would even think about adding Taylor. Abiamiri is the one who would be put on the shelf as a result.

I'm not looking desperately to find problems. Any 8-8 has plenty of problems plain for the eye to see. You really must have your head in the clouds if you think I'm desperately looking for problems every time I voice concerns. You'd think the team had no issues whatsoever.

Apparently, you don't understand the concept of a rotation.

So let me put it simply:

Getting Taylor doesn't = Abiamiri on the shelf.

That's your own conclusion based on nothing do to your pessimistic, problem wishing attitude. It reflects NOTHING about their thoughts on Abiamiri and EVERYTHING about how much they value a Hall of Fame level DE.

You see, Abiamiri would play LDE in likely run situations. Taylor would play in likely pass situations. Sure, for the first play of the game, which most would consider a running down, Taylor would get the nod out of respect (so he can get the "start") but after that they would be splitting reps, more or less. Frankly, the player Taylor would have the most impact on is Parker - not Abiamiri. Taylor is the same kind of player as Parker, just a much, much better version (obviously).

And if you can't grasp the idea of how in a rotation, Abiamiri and Taylor could both be used, well I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Apparently, you don't understand the concept of a rotation.

So let me put it simply:

Getting Taylor doesn't = Abiamiri on the shelf.

That's your own conclusion based on nothing do to your pessimistic, problem wishing attitude. It reflects NOTHING about their thoughts on Abiamiri and EVERYTHING about how much they value a Hall of Fame level DE.

You see, Abiamiri would play LDE in likely run situations. Taylor would play in likely pass situations. Sure, for the first play of the game, which most would consider a running down, Taylor would get the nod out of respect (so he can get the "start") but after that they would be splitting reps, more or less. Frankly, the player Taylor would have the most impact on is Parker - not Abiamiri. Taylor is the same kind of player as Parker, just a much, much better version (obviously).

And if you can't grasp the idea of how in a rotation, Abiamiri and Taylor could both be used, well I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Apparently, you can't grasp what I already said about the rotation. Just because I talk about something concerning, it doesn't mean I have a problem wishing attitude. You would prefer to wallow in your arrogant ignorance about this team. I'm sure that somewhere in there, you have the mental capacity to intelligently entertain a concern that you disagree with, instead of brashly discarding it as my problem wishing attitude....as if it takes a problem wishing attitude to find concerns about a freaking 8-8 team!

This team has lots going for it...and has lots of problems too. You just stick your head in the sand with any negative statements that you dont understand. Keep talking down to me about my understanding of the rotation...the rotation that has collapsed and regressed into a 2 man show every single year.

Your words:

Abiamiri is a big, run stuffing LDE for first and second down. If Taylor were here, who do you think would be playing first and second down? Taylor. And Taylor would be getting the majority of the third down pass rush opportunities as well. And what DE's does JJ like to sub in for his starters? The undersized pass rushers. So who would spend most of the rotational time filling in for Taylor? Clemons and Parker.

This isn't a rotation.

This is you (not JJ, but YOU) saying that we won't sub in Abiamiri because he's big.

That is not logical.

At all.

In any way, shape, or form.

Again, just because Taylor gets the start, doesn't mean for the rest of the 60+ defensive snaps Abiamiri can not play on first or second down. That's your own baseless, factless, illogical conclusion.

Your words:

This isn't a rotation.

This is you (not JJ, but YOU) saying that we won't sub in Abiamiri because he's big.

That is not logical.

At all.

In any way, shape, or form.

Again, just because Taylor gets the start, doesn't mean for the rest of the 60+ defensive snaps Abiamiri can not play on first or second down. That's your own baseless, factless, illogical conclusion.

Alright. Let's start over. I'll break this down for you as simply as I can. First of all, Taylor is a former NFL defensive MVP with a head the size of the new comcast tower. He's going to expect to play a majority of the snaps. It's not just the start of the game out of respect. The vast majority of new series, they will trot Taylor out there on first down and second down..the role intended for Abiamiri.

Now, what is the precedent for big run stuffer's in JJ's rotations? How many times do you have to hear JJ say he likes to throw fastballs at the qb in his rotations? He prefers the Clemons and Parker types coming off the bench. There IS a precedent for that. It's not baseless. JJ brings out the larger run stoppers for short yardage situations and long drives where they struggle on the ground. That's the precedent for how Abiamiri would be used as depth in a rotation.

JJ does not view Abiamiri as much of a pass rusher. That WILL take snaps away from him in the rotation. Hell get his snaps now because he figures to be the best all around DE for the base defense. With Taylor here, that would not have been the case.

That's your own baseless, factless, illogical conclusion.

If all my concerns were baseless, factless, and illogical (as you have said multiple times about different issues), then the eagles truly would have been 14-2 at worse last year...and probably would be due to make a run at history in 2008.

Didn't you once say you were a Wharton MBA? Is that what they are teaching over there these days? Take all the potential concerns about the markets, dismiss them as baseless and illogical, and all is well with positive returns?

Its easy to lose passion for football on a 1-15 team.

Don't give up hope on your season this early....i'm sure the Skins can at least go 5-11. Maybe even 6-10? :P

If all my concerns were baseless, factless, and illogical (as you have said multiple times about different issues), then the eagles truly would have been 14-2 at worse last year...and probably would be due to make a run at history in 2008.

Didn't you once say you were a Wharton MBA? Is that what they are teaching over there these days? Take all the potential concerns about the markets, dismiss them as baseless and illogical, and all is well with positive returns?

Can you please show me where JJ said that he would "shelf" Abiamiri because "he's a big LDE" and where JJ says he only subs in small speed rushers?

If not, this is factless conjecture, born of your own pessimistic mindset, and has no basis in reality.

And for the record, there is this thing called a "trend". It is as applicable in finance as it is in football. In this case, JJ's multiple decades in the NFL show a CLEAR and UNQUESTIONABLE trend towards favoring DE rotations, even when that DE is an elite player. This based in data collected over hundreds of games he has coached. It is, for all intents and purposes, a FACT.

As such, it would be illogical to conclude that the addition of Taylor would suddenly end JJ's love of rotating his DL.

So, like I said, your conclusion is baseless and illogical. It can only be explained by stupidity (I don't think you are flat out stupid) or a mind set which draws a conclusion first and then sets out to attempt to rationalize said conclusion. This is the catagory you fall in, and it's clear as day.

Can you please show me where JJ said that he would "shelf" Abiamiri because "he's a big LDE" and where JJ says he only subs in small speed rushers?

If not, this is factless conjecture, born of your own pessimistic mindset, and has no basis in reality.

And for the record, there is this thing called a "trend". It is as applicable in finance as it is in football. In this case, JJ's multiple decades in the NFL show a CLEAR and UNQUESTIONABLE trend towards favoring DE rotations, even when that DE is an elite player. This based in data collected over hundreds of games he has coached. It is, for all intents and purposes, a FACT.

As such, it would be illogical to conclude that the addition of Taylor would suddenly end JJ's love of rotating his DL.

So, like I said, your conclusion is baseless and illogical. It can only be explained by stupidity (I don't think you are flat out stupid) or a mind set which draws a conclusion first and then sets out to attempt to rationalize said conclusion. This is the catagory you fall in, and it's clear as day.

And then what explains the "trend" of leaning heavily on 2 DE's as each season progresses.

So now only what JJ overtly says can be accepted and discussed?