Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghettobird

OFFICIAL: Jason Taylor TRADED to WSH for 2009 2nd + 2010 6th

And then what explains the "trend" of leaning heavily on 2 DE's as each season progresses.

Injuries... which is why depth is so important and EXACTLY why JJs thoughts on Abiamiri have absolutely nothing to do with trading for an all-pro, MVP defensive end.

He wants more then one good DE on each side of the line. He wants to keep his players fresh by rotating them, but at the same time wants to limit the drop in skill between the starter and the backup. With Taylor starting, he has one of the best players in the NFL. With Abiamiri backing him up, and taking snaps on early downs, the drop off is minimal, and allows JJ a vast range of different looks to give the defense because they are such different types of players.

Do you get it now? :rolleyes:

So now only what JJ overtly says can be accepted and discussed?

You weren't "discussing" anything - you stated something as fact. It was a decleration that, and I quote:

If Taylor were here, who do you think would be playing first and second down? Taylor...

That's not discussion. That's you mouthing off about something you don't have a frigging clue about... except the one that you ignore: that every single season JJ has coached, he has prefered to not give the majority of all snaps to any one player, and has only done so out of necessity.

The fact is, by every quantifiable shred of evidence we have, that statement is in direct contradiction to what JJ actually does. Basically, it has nothing to do with reality. JJ has shown an affinity for rotating his DEs - not playing one single player the vast majority of snaps as you claim - and further more, in rotating his DEs for entire series at a time when the skill level of his backups permits.

Again, your argument lacks logic, reason, and supporting evidence of any kind and offers nothing other then your own pessimistic baseless conjecture.

Uh, no, we aren't.

First off, the on'y way any team would even trade for him is if he stays healthy.

Second, any team that does trade for him has to be willing to give him a huge contract. Otherwise, they won't trade for him. And it's not a given that any team would.

Third, we STILL have him under contract untill 2010. He has ZERO leverage. We have 2 good starters to replace him with. We drafted a first round talent at corner this past year who will be ready to play. We have one of the better dime backs in the game in Hanson. And we have more ammo then any team in next years draft to protect our selves. So let him sit out and get fined to death for all I care. Fact is, while he's a great player and makes us better, losing him doesn't cripple our team.

Fourth - where in the hell are you getting this "lesser value" BS from? If he stays healthy all season, we'll be watching him in Hawaii. And that means his value has INCREASED.

did you completely forget about the whole TO saga?

he has plenty of leverage and could force a trade right now if he wanted to or force them to cut him.......either way the eagles get lesser value.

all these homers around here......

id make this deal any day of the week...but im just happy to hear they made a play for him. its not really a need to me but would have been a nice addition to this defense but i love our defensive backfield right now so either way im happy.

taylor is 33 right now not 35.........he had 11 sacks last year on the worst team in the nfl. he is hardly trailing off in terms of skills or ability and is still one of the best defensive ends in the game.

taylor hasnt missed a game since like 1999 while sheppard has only played 1 full season his while career and the last 3 years he has played 10, 13 and 11 games.

and ive seen several mentions of lito as a pro bowl corner while diminishing taylor's career as if he isnt a pro bowl DE.......he is a 5 or 6 time pro bowler.

NFL Network said the whole NFL East was after Jason Taylor. Sux we didnt get him. Wouldve been nice to have a HOF on a 2 year lease.

eagles were about to get him cause he wanted to come here rather than the redskins but miami then said they wanted a 2nd rounder for him and the eagles immediatly backed out. I don' tthink hes worth a 2nd round pick for renting a guy for 1 year. So good move for miami, desperate bad move for redskins, but then again redskins don't plan for the future at all.

I just can't wait to see runyan cheap shot him and f him UP.

eagles were about to get him cause he wanted to come here rather than the redskins but miami then said they wanted a 2nd rounder for him and the eagles immediatly backed out. I don' tthink hes worth a 2nd round pick for renting a guy for 1 year. So good move for miami, desperate bad move for redskins, but then again redskins don't plan for the future at all.

I just can't wait to see runyan cheap shot him and f him UP.

And what if it's for two years?

He said hes going to fulfill his contract and is willing to play longer barring injury.

Yea, and 15 minutes before he signed you posted something stating thet the Redskins aren't interested in him.

Learn to take ALL info out of most players/coaches mouths with a huge grain of salt.

I would think that after the conversations about his coming to DC, you'd have learned that by now.

All that said, if he has fun, he'll be back, if not, he won't.

Yea, and 15 minutes before he signed you posted something stating thet the Redskins aren't interested in him.

Learn to take ALL info out of most players/coaches mouths with a huge grain of salt.

I would think that after the conversations about his coming to DC, you'd have learned that by now.

All that said, if he has fun, he'll be back, if not, he won't.

It was my guess that they wouldnt trade for him and i only took the "Redskins officials" statement as a reinforcement. I was clearly wrong on this one, but i wasn't wrong in FA this year where i kept saying the Skins are not going after Lance Briggs when everyone on this board was sure they would sign him.

It was my guess that they wouldnt trade for him and i only took the "Redskins officials" statement as a reinforcement. I was clearly wrong on this one, but i wasn't wrong in FA this year where i kept saying the Skins are not going after Lance Briggs when everyone on this board was sure they would sign him.

Sorry if my comments came off as an assault. I didn't mean that you were wrong in any sense, I was simply pointing out that;

New guy on the team.

Retiring guy on the team.

Team leader.

Guy on team trying to win starting job.

Assistant coach.

Head coach.

GM.

Owner.

Agent.

All have one thing in common, the company line. Which I believe is a good thing, as much as we may feel like the "need" to tell us the truth, all the time, they don't and shouldn't if it harms their position with the team/competition.

They really owe us nothing outside of effort and committment.

A 34 year old DE for a 26 year old pro bowl CB straight up?

Doesn't sound very "Eagles" to me.

It shows how smart Parcells is to not want an often injured player. Instead he got 2 new, young players in the form of draft picks for his aging but good DE. Lito is trouble, just like Westbrook. Every team in the NFL is better off without selfish me first guys.

A 34 year old DE for a 26 year old pro bowl CB straight up?

Doesn't sound very "Eagles" to me.

Its in the video...But for the Dolphins to turn that down in favor of picks

that shows how much true value lito has....

Its in the video...But for the Dolphins to turn that down in favor of picks

that shows how much true value lito has....

Actually it just shows me that I shouldn't believe this source.

I mean how much value does Jason Taylor have? Only reason the Skins took him is because they lost two DEs on the first day of training camp.

I mean how much value does Jason Taylor have? Only reason the Skins took him is because they lost two DEs on the first day of training camp.

Well a 26 year old pro bowler should have teams gawking at the eagles doorstep instead Taylor did and lito doesnt

We all heard that TB and JAX were offering a 2 for Lito earlier this offseason. Taylor ends up getting dealt for a 2nd and 6th. Maybe their values are just closer than you'd like to believe? Or do you want to keep clinging to your preconceived notions of trade value?

Well a 26 year old pro bowler should have teams gawking at the eagles doorstep instead Taylor did and lito doesnt

But like I said, Taylor was only traded because the Skins lost two DEs in the span of a few hours.

It aint like people were "gawking at their doorstep" for him either.

Lito wasn't traded because teams want to see him play healthy before giving him a contract extension. If I were an opposing GM, I'd play it the same way.

We all heard that TB and JAX were offering a 2 for Lito earlier this offseason. Taylor ends up getting dealt for a 2nd and 6th. Maybe their values are just closer than you'd like to believe? Or do you want to keep clinging to your preconceived notions of trade value?

:D