Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghettobird

OFFICIAL: Jason Taylor TRADED to WSH for 2009 2nd + 2010 6th

But like I said, Taylor was only traded because the Skins lost two DEs in the span of a few hours.

It aint like people were "gawking at their doorstep" for him either.

Lito wasn't traded because teams want to see him play healthy before giving him a contract extension. If I were an opposing GM, I'd play it the same way.

Did you not see the video

We all heard that TB and JAX were offering a 2 for Lito earlier this offseason. Taylor ends up getting dealt for a 2nd and 6th. Maybe their values are just closer than you'd like to believe? Or do you want to keep clinging to your preconceived notions of trade value?

What preconceived notions? Trading a 2nd round pick for Lito is one thing. Paying him AND giving him a new contract before knowing if he can stay healthy for 16 games is another.

The Dolphins had the Skins by the balls. They got the value for Taylor that NO ONE was willing to give for him all these months.

What preconceived notions? Trading a 2nd round pick for Lito is one thing. Paying him AND giving him a new contract before knowing if he can stay healthy for 16 games is another.

The Dolphins had the Skins by the balls. They got the value for Taylor that NO ONE was willing to give for him all these months.

they were offered a 2nd by the Giants and they didnt have them by the balls

Contract and health are all part of Lito's value. Which is as of right now, seems to be lower than Taylor's value. Despite the fact that he's 34.

Unless you believe that the Eagles were offered more than a 2nd for Lito and the Eagles turned it down this offseason. There was a report that the Giants offered a 27 year old Pro Bowl TE for the same 34 year old DE earlier this offseason as well. I think it's been proven that Taylor is more valuable than you've argued him to be in the past

they were offered a 2nd by the Giants and they didnt have them by the balls

Did Ernie Acorsi say that or did some talking head? Exactly.

Jason Taylor has been on the market for months. You're telling me that all these teams made trade offers only after the Redskins lost 2 DEs? People only became interested in Taylor within the past 5 days after having how many months to make a move...

Quite frankly, I don't believe the report.

Why.....the eagles get rid of a potential team problem....You get a DE to compliment Cole

.....You stop other teams in the East from getting him.....You get a great leader on the D

Did Ernie Acorsi say that or did some talking head? Exactly.

Jason Taylor has been on the market for months. You're telling me that all these teams made trade offers only after the Redskins lost 2 DEs? People only became interested in Taylor within the past 5 days after having how many months to make a move...

They offered them this at the draft in a 3 way trade to move shockey to the Saints and a 2nd and 5th to Miami and Taylor to the Giants

just like the jags offering us a 2nd for lito at the draft......why didnt we take that

They didnt get what they asked for....The giants 2nd (former champs) is worth a high 3rd

Thats why it didnt go down at the draft.

Alright, so desperation caused someone to finally give the Dolphins what they asked for.

How long are we going to beat the Jason Taylor dead horse thing? He's a Washington Redskin. Which means the hatred brewing inside of you must now be directed towards him.

Contract and health are all part of Lito's value. Which is as of right now, seems to be lower than Taylor's value. Despite the fact that he's 34.

Unless you believe that the Eagles were offered more than a 2nd for Lito and the Eagles turned it down this offseason. There was a report that the Giants offered a 27 year old Pro Bowl TE for the same 34 year old DE earlier this offseason as well. I think it's been proven that Taylor is more valuable than you've argued him to be in the past

If that's the case, then why did the Redskins only make this trade AFTER losing their 2 DEs?

If that's the case, then why did the Redskins only make this trade AFTER losing their 2 DEs?

They didnt get what they asked for....The giants 2nd (former champs) is worth a high 3rd

Thats why it didnt go down at the draft.

Alright, so desperation caused someone to finally give the Dolphins what they asked for.

see i just think they took the best offer on the table.

the saints 2nd vs. the Skins 2nd

vs

the cowboys 3rd and 5th

vs

Eagles lito

Thats just in the east

That's an unfalsifiable argument on your part. We have no idea to what extent that injury affected any previous offers. Maybe the previous offer was nothing, maybe it was just a 2nd, maybe it was a 4th. We don't know, so you can't assume that it greatly spiked his value to suit your argument.

I am basing my argument on the reports we've been hearing. TB and JAX offered a 2nd for Lito. The Giants had been working on a 3-team deal in which they would give up Shockey for Taylor. And now the report that the Eagles were offering Sheppard for Taylor.

Your premise that the timing of the trade assumed he had no little or far lesser value previously is pretty flimsy. If teams believed he was definitely not going to be a Dolphin next year no matter what, then they could have incentive to wait until the Dolphins inevitably lowered their asking price (which was apparently a 1st earlier in the offseason) as TC neared.

I think the dangling Lito for Taylor story is bogus B.S. to stir up crap in Eagles camp because they know how bad Lito wanted to go back to Florida.

That's an unfalsifiable argument on your part. We have no idea to what extent that injury affected any previous offers. Maybe the previous offer was nothing, maybe it was just a 2nd, maybe it was a 4th. We don't know, so you can't assume that it greatly spiked his value to suit your argument.

I am basing my argument on the reports we've been hearing. TB and JAX offered a 2nd for Lito. The Giants had been working on a 3-team deal in which they would give up Shockey for Taylor. And now the report that the Eagles were offering Sheppard for Taylor.

Your premise that the timing of the trade assumed he had no little or far lesser value previously is pretty flimsy. If teams believed he was definitely not going to be a Dolphin next year no matter what, then they could have incentive to wait until the Dolphins inevitably lowered their asking price (which was apparently a 1st earlier in the offseason) as TC neared.

It shows how smart Parcells is to not want an often injured player. Instead he got 2 new, young players in the form of draft picks for his aging but good DE. Lito is trouble, just like Westbrook. Every team in the NFL is better off without selfish me first guys.

R U nuckin futz!!!! Do not throw Westbrook in the same category with Lito, the big difference between them is

1. Westbrook is 60% of our offense- Lito can't even stay on the field

2. Westbrook plays hurt and has proven himself to be a top 3 RB- Lito can't even stay on the field

3. You could never say Westbrook is selfish, he is underpaid and has been for a couple of years- Lito can't even stay on the field

4.The shelflife of a RB is short, he needs to get paid while he still can, he deserves it- Lito can't even stay on the field

See the pattern here, Lito is crying for more $$ when he can't stay on the field to earn it, Westbrook is the motor to this offense and deserves to be paid like a top 3 RB, I don't think they will extend his contract but they can give him a bonus and performance incentives, I still think they brought Booker in to be his successor.

Eagles are holding Lito for a blockbuster or nothing at all.......

So that would require me to believe that this deal happening a day or two after the Skins lost 2 DEs is pure coincidence.

The offer was already in the works, the Skins made the highest offer, and oh what great timing because they lost two DEs in one day.

I think the dangling Lito for Taylor story is bogus B.S. to stir up crap in Eagles camp because they know how bad Lito wanted to go back to Florida.

NFL.com is credible and is not yardbarker

So that would require me to believe that this deal happening a day or two after the Skins lost 2 DEs is pure coincidence.

The offer was already in the works, the Skins made the highest offer, and oh what great timing because they lost two DEs in one day.

Skins players got hurt and gave the dolphins what they wanted

they didnt want the Giants 3 way or the Eagles lito

They held out till something like this happened

No. You are right that it was definitely a factor and almost assuredly raised the price. The point is we don't know how much it raised the price. You are making it seem like there was little interest in him before and then it skyrocketed to a 2 and a 6 from a single interested bidder. Meanwhile NYG, PHI, GB had all been in on him, NYG and PHI to last minute apparently.

If the top offer was a 4th before Daniels went down then your view would have more support, but what if it was already a 2nd before then?

And since we are hearing that Lito and Shockey had each offered, the former who had earlier been in rumors at the cost of a 2nd and the latter who ended up changing teams for a 2 and a 5, I'm lead to believe that Taylor's market the whole time was right around where it ended up before WAS locked him down.

No. You are right that it was definitely a factor and almost assuredly raised the price. The point is we don't know how much it raised the price. You are making it seem like there was little interest in him before and then it skyrocketed to a 2 and a 6 from a single interested bidder. Meanwhile NYG, PHI, GB had all been in on him, NYG and PHI to last minute apparently.

If the top offer was a 4th before Daniels went down then your view would have more support, but what if it was already a 2nd before then?

And since we are hearing that Lito and Shockey had each offered, the former who had earlier been in rumors at the cost of a 2nd and the latter who ended up changing teams for a 2 and a 5, I'm lead to believe that Taylor's market the whole time was right around where it ended up before WAS locked him down.

If the top offer was a 2nd for all this time, I find it hard to believe a 6th in 2010 is what put the Skins over the top and that little extra incentive the Dolphins have been waiting for all these months. Maybe everyone else was throwing 2nd round picks on the table. Maybe the Skins blew the other guys out of the water with a 6th round pick 2 years from now.

Like you said, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It just doesn't sound right.