Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghettobird

OFFICIAL: Jason Taylor TRADED to WSH for 2009 2nd + 2010 6th

Why.....the eagles get rid of a potential team problem....You get a DE to compliment Cole

.....You stop other teams in the East from getting him.....You get a great leader on the D

He isn't a problem yet and the loss of Lito would signifcantly weaken the team defense. The Eagles need depth at CB more than depth at DE considering they already have that.

See the other thread on Taylor on why I don't think he is necessarily a compliment to Cole.

You don't build a winner by reacting to everyone else.

The eagles already ahve a great leader on the D - Dawkins.

And BTW, that is overrated. Great leaders are directly related to performance on the field. If Taylor wasn't so good, no one would call him a great leader.

He isn't a problem yet and the loss of Lito would signifcantly weaken the team defense. The Eagles need depth at CB more than depth at DE considering they already have that.

See the other thread on Taylor on why I don't think he is necessarily a compliment to Cole.

You don't build a winner by reacting to everyone else.

The eagles already ahve a great leader on the D - Dawkins.

And BTW, that is overrated. Great leaders are directly related to performance on the field. If Taylor wasn't so good, no one would call him a great leader.

They probly have been looking at taylor for a while

And Brown is healthier then sheppard any year

If the top offer was a 2nd for all this time, I find it hard to believe a 6th in 2010 is what put the Skins over the top and that little extra incentive the Dolphins have been waiting for all these months. Maybe everyone else was throwing 2nd round picks on the table. Maybe the Skins blew the other guys out of the water with a 6th round pick 2 years from now.

Like you said, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It just doesn't sound right.

Trust me a rebuilding team like the dolphins coveats draft picks....Just like the eagles

a 6th is worth something....stop playing madden

It shows how smart Parcells is to not want an often injured player. Instead he got 2 new, young players in the form of draft picks for his aging but good DE. Lito is trouble, just like Westbrook. Every team in the NFL is better off without selfish me first guys.

Prove how any of the 2 are "me first" guys.

The fact that you even mention Westbrook as a me first guy kills your argument. He has been the franchise for the last 3 seasons. He should be paid like the Franchise player.

Trust me a rebuilding team like the dolphins coveats draft picks....Just like the eagles

a 6th is worth something....stop playing madden

I agree with you, but do I have to stop playing Madden? It's fun

You can't give the Giants credit, it's just in the no things to do as an Eagles fan list.

Total fluke. The Giants and Celtics are both going to be the Rockies of last year. Get flukey hot, overachieve, and be horrible the following year.

We could be the Rockies this year, you never know. But the difference is we have been to the mountaintop, the Rockies never did and neither have the Birds. I can better understand your not giving the Giants credit as an Eagle fan than to misunderstand and make an analogy that doesn't make sense.

Personally, I'm giving them credit that they won the SB and I've congratulated the people who I think are actual true fans when the team is up and when the team is down. The problem I have is these jerks want us to say that this Giants team is one of the best ever and that's just not even close to being true.

The thing about this post that is odd is nobody I have ever talked to thought of this Giants team as the best ever. What you fail through your hated heated rantings is that winning the Super Bowl against a team that was 18-0, beating three conference champions on the road and beating on the golden boy for 4 straight quarters is SPECIAL. It is what everyone was saying that Super Bowl day, even many Eagle's fans, that it was one of the best football games they have ever seen! Now, that doesn't put this Giant's team in a category of best ever teams, no, but it certainly puts this team in a category as SPECIAL.

eagles were about to get him cause he wanted to come here rather than the redskins but miami then said they wanted a 2nd rounder for him and the eagles immediatly backed out. I don' tthink hes worth a 2nd round pick for renting a guy for 1 year. So good move for miami, desperate bad move for redskins, but then again redskins don't plan for the future at all.

I just can't wait to see runyan cheap shot him and f him UP.

I gotta hear this, why did he want to come to the Eagles over the Redskins? As for Runyan cheap shotting Taylor to take him out, what middle school did you flunk out of?

The thing about this post that is odd is nobody I have ever talked to thought of this Giants team as the best ever. What you fail through your hated heated rantings is that winning the Super Bowl against a team that was 18-0, beating three conference champions on the road and beating on the golden boy for 4 straight quarters is SPECIAL. It is what everyone was saying that Super Bowl day, even many Eagle's fans, that it was one of the best football games they have ever seen! Now, that doesn't put this Giant's team in a category of best ever teams, no, but it certainly puts this team in a category as SPECIAL.

Yeah you guys are special alright

Wow good trade maybe all 4 nfc east teams will make the playoffs.

Not sure about that, but I will settle for one making it, the one team with the small ny on it that is.

;)

Not sure about that, but I will settle for one making it, the one team with the small ny on it that is.

;)

I think you guys will win 10 or 11 games. I think Dallas will win the division at 12-4 and even Philly might get in at 9-7. I think washington might be a year or two away.

did you completely forget about the whole TO saga?

he has plenty of leverage and could force a trade right now if he wanted to or force them to cut him.......either way the eagles get lesser value.

Completely different situations.

Lito ALREADY tried to force a trade... and no one would pay the price to aquire him AND give him the contract he wanted.

The fact is, he has to have a good year this year in order to get the money he wants. And if he has a good year, we get more value. If he has a bad year, he won't get the contract he wants any way, so there is no reason for him to pull a TO.

Bottom line - if he wants his money he has to play well this year. And if that happens, his trade value goes up. If it doesn't, then he can't ask for a new contract. It's pretty straight forward.

I think you guys will win 10 or 11 games. I think Dallas will win the division at 12-4 and even Philly might get in at 9-7. I think washington might be a year or two away.

Philly > NY

(If McNabb doesn't miss any games)

It would be interesting to see what the Eagles would be offered for Lito from a team that had two of their CB's go down within hours of each other.

Philly > NY

(If McNabb doesn't miss any games)

Hey Ben you're starting to see the light. Now only if you can realize that another equation is Philly > Dallas. Then you'll pass NFC East Football 101. :D

A 34 year old DE for a 26 year old pro bowl CB straight up?

Doesn't sound very "Eagles" to me.

Adam Schefter's a pretty credible guy, so I've got to believe there's some truth to it. Another way to interpret it is that the Eagles must feel they're very close if they were willing to trade Lito for Taylor.

It's a given that Taylor is only going to play 1-2 more seasons. You'd only make this type of move if you felt it would push you over the top right away.

Its in the video...But for the Dolphins to turn that down in favor of picks

that shows how much true value lito has....

One has to wonder what makes Lito think he's worth so much. The Eagles are clearly willing to trade him, but there are no takers !!!

Lito needs to wake up, take a deep breathe and take a bite of reality - alot of teams would love to have you, but nobody will give anything up for you - translation nobody thinks your that great !

Injuries... which is why depth is so important and EXACTLY why JJs thoughts on Abiamiri have absolutely nothing to do with trading for an all-pro, MVP defensive end.

He wants more then one good DE on each side of the line. He wants to keep his players fresh by rotating them, but at the same time wants to limit the drop in skill between the starter and the backup. With Taylor starting, he has one of the best players in the NFL. With Abiamiri backing him up, and taking snaps on early downs, the drop off is minimal, and allows JJ a vast range of different looks to give the defense because they are such different types of players.

Do you get it now? :rolleyes:

You weren't "discussing" anything - you stated something as fact. It was a decleration that, and I quote:

That's not discussion. That's you mouthing off about something you don't have a frigging clue about... except the one that you ignore: that every single season JJ has coached, he has prefered to not give the majority of all snaps to any one player, and has only done so out of necessity.

The fact is, by every quantifiable shred of evidence we have, that statement is in direct contradiction to what JJ actually does. Basically, it has nothing to do with reality. JJ has shown an affinity for rotating his DEs - not playing one single player the vast majority of snaps as you claim - and further more, in rotating his DEs for entire series at a time when the skill level of his backups permits.

Again, your argument lacks logic, reason, and supporting evidence of any kind and offers nothing other then your own pessimistic baseless conjecture.

This is just going in circles. I've told you several times why adding Taylor would push Abiamiri back into obscurity, even though, yes, he would still be part of the rotation. You've ignored those explanations. It's common sense that adding a huge name player to the rotation, a rotation built around rushing the passer, would cast Abiamiri into a minor situational run-stopping role. You disagree with that, fine. But it's not absurd or baseless. I'll leave it at that, because we'll never see eye to eye on it.

But let's get one thing straight...I have higher expectations for Abiamiri than almost everybody on this board, including you. I've argued several times that he is the key to the entire defense taking the next step. I've spent hours upon hours search scouting reports, game tape, and workout numbers to FIND things to like about this kid. (And I've found a lot). I've met him personally and am certain that he's the nicest guy and best human being on the entire team. So don't say I have some desperate pessimistic attitude and am searching for problems with this guy. You'll have to go with your other option and say I'm a complete idiot.

I expect huge things from him. I don't care about the logistics of the rotation; the fact that the FO was right there with the DESPERATE skins give up something of value and slide Abiamiri down the depth chart alarmed me, given my expectations for him. If you can't understand that, then I give up.

I hope like hell Taylor retires after this upcoming season as he mentioned previously to pursue his acting career.

Hey Ben you're starting to see the light. Now only if you can realize that another equation is Philly > Dallas. Then you'll pass NFC East Football 101. :D

If it was guaranteed that McNabb would play all 16 games, I would debate that with you. This is how I see the division:

Dallas

Philly

Washington

NY