Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghettobird

OFFICIAL: Jason Taylor TRADED to WSH for 2009 2nd + 2010 6th

It shows how smart Parcells is to not want an often injured player. Instead he got 2 new, young players in the form of draft picks for his aging but good DE. Lito is trouble, just like Westbrook. Every team in the NFL is better off without selfish me first guys.

If you just called Westbrook a me first guy WAKE UP!!!!! This guy is a a top rb in the NFL and makes an argument as THE top rb because of his versatility he should be payed like it!!!

I think you have to factor in Lito is injury prone AND wated to work out a new deal.....2 things Tuna Doesn't like nor want on a team that is supposed to be rebuilding. That had to be a major factor in the reason why parcell didn't want to trade lito. That or Mr Tuna figures the Skins will have a losing record therefore the draft picks he has will be higher picks.......or he could package them and move up in the 1st round in next years draft. No one knows the reason behind the trade aside from those involved.

Taylor is by far worth more than LITO...This proves it

Proves nothing of the sort. Let some team lose two CBs in twenty minutes, then we'll see.

If it was guaranteed that McNabb would play all 16 games, I would debate that with you. This is how I see the division:

Dallas

Philly

Washington

NY

It's 2008, not 2007.

Gotta say tho, the disrespect is fun.

Proves nothing of the sort. Let some team lose two CBs in twenty minutes, then we'll see.

And if that happens, would you take a 2nd for him, and nothing else?

To me that's a bad move for 08. You don't help yourself at all this year.

Which is why I highly doubt that kind of trade happens. If Lito get's traded this August, it's going to be for an impact player like Boldin. Otherwise, he's our starting RCB/Nickel (whichever side of that argument you happen to fall on).

I heard that Jason Taylor was planning on wearing #21 in Washington. Can someone here confirm this for me?

Thanks.

If it was guaranteed that McNabb would play all 16 games, I would debate that with you. This is how I see the division:

Dallas

Philly

Washington

NY

I'd put NY above Washington and the way the cards fall with Dallas, NY, and Philly have a lot to do with health, and consistency. Most importantly from McNabb and Eli.

It's 2008, not 2007.

Gotta say tho, the disrespect is fun.

Philly Dallas and Washington have all added players of value and upgraded at several positions. Hell, Dallas made major upgrades at it's weakest position: cornerback. Philly added one of the best corners in the game. Washington already has a good secondary, and added one of the best pass rushers in the game.

NY traded away one of the best TE's in the game, let a good safety walk and replaced him with a retread, lost 2 starting linebackers, and their best d-lineman retired. That may not be that big of a deal to a homer like you, but from the outside, it doesn't look too good. No one knows what's going to happen, but be realistic.

It's not being disrespectful. It's being honest.

Not sure about that, but I will settle for one making it, the one team with the small ny on it that is.

;)

Are you talking about that team without a state, or a city? I don't know why they wear the ny, they don't play there. Their fans are from NJ, not ny.

And if that happens, would you take a 2nd for him, and nothing else?

To me that's a bad move for 08. You don't help yourself at all this year.

Which is why I highly doubt that kind of trade happens. If Lito get's traded this August, it's going to be for an impact player like Boldin. Otherwise, he's our starting RCB/Nickel (whichever side of that argument you happen to fall on).

That wasn't my point, which was that fan was comparing apples with oranges. I agree with everything else you say here.

Philly Dallas and Washington have all added players of value and upgraded at several positions. Hell, Dallas made major upgrades at it's weakest position: cornerback. Philly added one of the best corners in the game. Washington already has a good secondary, and added one of the best pass rushers in the game.

NY traded away one of the best TE's in the game, let a good safety walk and replaced him with a retread, lost 2 starting linebackers, and their best d-lineman retired. That may not be that big of a deal to a homer like you, but from the outside, it doesn't look too good. No one knows what's going to happen, but be realistic.

I honestly think that Manning will play better without Shockey, and that they have gotten weaker on the defensive side of the ball, but I also think that they can make the playoffs as a wildcard in the NFC. I think that the new coach in Washington is going to screw them up a tad and that makes the NFC East (outside of Washington) a toss up with at least 2 or maybe even 3 teams making the playoffs.

Are you talking about that team without a state, or a city? I don't know why they wear the ny, they don't play there. Their fans are from NJ, not ny.

The Cowboys haven't played a game in Dallas in nearly 30 years...and probably will never play another game in Dallas ever again.

Actually the Giants corporate office is in NY, have been since they started this storied franchise. The ny on the helmet reflects that. In addition, the fans are from NY, NJ and Ct, have been and will be forever. I live in Mendham NJ, roughly 40 plus miles outside of NYC. Even that far out we are considered a suburb of the greater NY area. The Giants also played in the Yale bowl in Ct. We have fans all over the tri-state area, how is that so hard for you to realize?

Do you think in anyway we care if they play in East Rutherford or in NYC? As long as we can see our team, we don't care what town it happens to be in. The Patriots use to be Boston, they are now called New England, they play in Wrentham, Mass, should they be called the Wrentham Pats? Detroit Lions, do they play in Detroit? There are a million examples of this, but of course you are too stupid to get it. If you live in Philly and it is convenient for you to get to the game, more power to you. But aren't there lots of fans of the Eagles that live in the wasteland of South New Jersey (sorry, couldn't resist)?

I honestly think that Manning will play better without Shockey, and that they have gotten weaker on the defensive side of the ball, but I also think that they can make the playoffs as a wildcard in the NFC. I think that the new coach in Washington is going to screw them up a tad and that makes the NFC East (outside of Washington) a toss up with at least 2 or maybe even 3 teams making the playoffs.

I agree about Shockey, but I think the Skins are going to be a big surprise this year. Their defense is going to be very good, and their offense isn't exactly the worst in the NFL.

I agree about Shockey, but I think the Skins are going to be a big surprise this year. Their defense is going to be very good, and their offense isn't exactly the worst in the NFL.

I don't think the Skins are going to be terrible, I just don't think they make the playoffs in this division, especially with the Boys, Eagles, and Giants in the division.

I don't think the Skins are going to be terrible, I just don't think they make the playoffs in this division, especially with the Boys, Eagles, and Giants in the division.

The safety and linebackers you refer to were players the Giants showed very little interest in re-signing, especially the linebackers you refer to. Both players will be replaced by players the Giants value more. The Safety in question would have been nice to keep, but he was very inconsistant, and I will bet anyone on this board that he will be a bust everyone talks about by mid season. The Raiders gave a second rate safety insane money.

The only player you mentioned that will be missed is Strahan. But to say he was our best lineman is nonsense. He was a great player, he is a hof player, but last year he was a good player that complimented the group, not dominated it. He was not our best d-line player. But we will miss him. Losing Shockey is the one player that bothers me, but its funny how everyone here said before that he wasn't worth the trouble and that Eli played better without him.

What isnt being said about the Giants is that last years rookie class was very good and contributed late in the season and into the playoffs. The secondary will benefit most by having Ross and Johnson start this year with valuable playing experience. They will join a veteran crew along with the this years 1st round pick. In addition, players like Boss and Ahmed Bradshaw should continue to get better. Bradshaw showed flashes of brilliance down the stretch and if he can keep his nose clean could be the kind of game breaking player the Giants need. Add Rookie receiver Steve Smith who didn't play early in the season due to injury and that is a pretty impressive group of rookies coming back from a championship team.

The Giants offensive line is very good, the backs are good, Plax and the receivers are good, our special teams played very well last year and our d-line last year, especially late was dominating. So, why would we need to add as many players as the rest of the division has done? The only addition that the Eagles made via FA that is of note is Asante. He should have a good year, but he is a finess type of player. He will get his picks, but it should be very interesting to see how he deals with the physical nature of this division. He is small, not a good tackler and he will have difficulties with the big physical receivers in this division, TO, Burress and Toomer, to name a few.

The safety and linebackers you refer to were players the Giants showed very little interest in re-signing, especially the linebackers you refer to. Both players will be replaced by players the Giants value more. The Safety in question would have been nice to keep, but he was very inconsistant, and I will bet anyone on this board that he will be a bust everyone talks about by mid season. The Raiders gave a second rate safety insane money.

The only player you mentioned that will be missed is Strahan. But to say he was our best lineman is nonsense. He was a great player, he is a hof player, but last year he was a good player that complimented the group, not dominated it. He was not our best d-line player. But we will miss him. Losing Shockey is the one player that bothers me, but its funny how everyone here said before that he wasn't worth the trouble and that Eli played better without him.

What isnt being said about the Giants is that last years rookie class was very good and contributed late in the season and into the playoffs. The secondary will benefit most by having Ross and Johnson start this year with valuable playing experience. They will join a veteran crew along with the this years 1st round pick. In addition, players like Boss and Ahmed Bradshaw should continue to get better. Bradshaw showed flashes of brilliance down the stretch and if he can keep his nose clean could be the kind of game breaking player the Giants need. Add Rookie receiver Steve Smith who didn't play early in the season due to injury and that is a pretty impressive group of rookies coming back from a championship team.

The Giants offensive line is very good, the backs are good, Plax and the receivers are good, our special teams played very well last year and our d-line last year, especially late was dominating. So, why would we need to add as many players as the rest of the division has done? The only addition that the Eagles made via FA that is of note is Asante. He should have a good year, but he is a finess type of player. He will get his picks, but it should be very interesting to see how he deals with the physical nature of this division. He is small, not a good tackler and he will have difficulties with the big physical receivers in this division, TO, Burress and Toomer, to name a few.

The key is Philly, Dallas, and Washington didn't lose any significant players. All 3 got better, and to think the Giants got better by trading Shockey, letting Gibril walk, Mitchell walk, Torbor walk, and Strahan's retirement are going to make the Giants better is asinine.

Again, it's not that the Giants are bad, or are going to be bad. It's the simple fact that their direct competition got increasingly better and they themselves did not.

The key is Philly, Dallas, and Washington didn't lose any significant players. All 3 got better, and to think the Giants got better by trading Shockey, letting Gibril walk, Mitchell walk, Torbor walk, and Strahan's retirement are going to make the Giants better is asinine.

Again, it's not that the Giants are bad, or are going to be bad. It's the simple fact that their direct competition got increasingly better and they themselves did not.

I agree everyone got better and the Giants didn't, but I think that the Giants will still do better than the Redskins because QB is important and Campbell has to use a totally new system. This is going to cause him to stunt growth slightly. Maybe not by much or for long, but I think that the Giants will be better than the Skins. I do think this hurts the chances of the Giants making the playoffs, I'm not as sure as I was before of them making it especially with the Redskins adding Taylor because that could be another loss chalked up on the board. This might cause a team like the Packers, Vikings, etc. that is on the cusp but might not win their division to make the playoffs.

The competition had to get better, they were clearly not as good as the Giants were...sans Dallas, and I expect Dallas to be darned good in 2008.

As has been stated tho, Torbor was Kiwi's b-up. Strahan is being replaced by a stud. (Tuck) Mitchell played better than I expected, but if we have to have a "hole" WIL is the place to have one.

The 11 rookies from last season improved greatly from the first several weeks of the season. As mentioned, Johnson could become a starter and be an upgrade over Wilson.

I really like the Giants CBs. Ross and Webster played extremely well in the last 6 games. Webster could easily have been named DMVP for the playoffs.

Of course we have the 2008 rookies, but everybody has those, so I won't speculate...but I do like Thomas and Phillips.

One has to wonder what makes Lito think he's worth so much. The Eagles are clearly willing to trade him, but there are no takers !!!

Lito needs to wake up, take a deep breathe and take a bite of reality - alot of teams would love to have you, but nobody will give anything up for you - translation nobody thinks your that great !

:lol:

The Giants can be better than last year, to say otherwise is asinine. Adding Samuel might make the Eagles better maybe not, Jones might make the Cowboys better, maybe not and maybe the Skins are better as well. Shockey did not play for the Giants in the playoffs and as I stated earlier the Giants could have kept both Mitchell and Torbor but decided to pass on both of them. They are confident that they have better players than the ones that left. So because a player didn't come through FA or some left that somehow makes the Giants worse than last year. That thinking is asinine and I have faith in those that are running the team.

Teams lose players every year, this past year outside of losing Strahan to retirement the Giants haven't lost a key player that won the Super Bowl. I'm excited about the prospect of having Kiwanuka back as well as moving Tuck into a bigger role on the defense. I think that there are several reasons to believe this teams defense can be better than last years, particularly the secondary which was the weak link last year.

I also look at it like this. Can Samuel shut down Burress? Can Jones? Can we still put the heat on the QB's without Strahan? I look at all three of these Questions and I feel good about the Giants chances again. We got off to a horrible start last year, and still got it together. I'm not worried at all about the "new" cowboy, eagle or redskin aquisitions. Remember, you are the chasers not us...

The Giants can be better than last year, to say otherwise is asinine. Adding Samuel might make the Eagles better maybe not, Jones might make the Cowboys better, maybe not and maybe the Skins are better as well. Shockey did not play for the Giants in the playoffs and as I stated earlier the Giants could have kept both Mitchell and Torbor but decided to pass on both of them. They are confident that they have better players than the ones that left. So because a player didn't come through FA or some left that somehow makes the Giants worse than last year. That thinking is asinine and I have faith in those that are running the team.

Teams lose players every year, this past year outside of losing Strahan to retirement the Giants haven't lost a key player that won the Super Bowl. I'm excited about the prospect of having Kiwanuka back as well as moving Tuck into a bigger role on the defense. I think that there are several reasons to believe this teams defense can be better than last years, particularly the secondary which was the weak link last year.

I also look at it like this. Can Samuel shut down Burress? Can Jones? Can we still put the heat on the QB's without Strahan? I look at all three of these Questions and I feel good about the Giants chances again. We got off to a horrible start last year, and still got it together. I'm not worried at all about the "new" cowboy, eagle or redskin aquisitions. Remember, you are the chasers not us...

The Giants aren't going to repeat. I like the optimism, I wish there was more of it from Eagles fans, but Strahan's loss is going to have a much bigger impact than Giants fans realize. Strahan's double is what gave Tuck a lot of sack opportunities. Without that double Tuck will get more attention and have less opportunities. The other holes created on defense are fillable. I agree with that, but the secondary has not improved enough to compensate for last years pass rush. This years pass rush won't be as good as last years. You should be more worried about the other teams, we might be "chasing" but you guys are the ones with the targets on your back. Samuel may not shutdown Burress, but he will bait Manning into a few picks. You always have to worry when the competition hasn't lost anyone significant, and has only added weapons. That is something that you always want your team to do, even as SB champions. If the SB champion doesn't get better, but everyone else does, they aren't going to repeat. It is really that simple. I also think that the Giants didn't get better this offseason and therefore will not repeat. They will probably make the playoffs, but not do that much once the playoffs start.