Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@Cowboys@

T.O.'s heroic good deed

Monday, Jul 21, 2008 10:59 am EDT

Terrell Owens is a sweet, sweet man

By MJD

If you get mowed down by a Honda Civic, you'd be extremely lucky to have Terrell Owens nearby. You might think that he'd just stand there, do some shirtless sit-ups while you bled to death, insinuate that you're gay, and then demand to know why you don't throw footballs to him more often.

Not the case, as it turns out. Sam Alipour, a writer for ESPN's Page 2, found out the hard way that Owens is a kind-hearted fellow. After the ESPYs were taped on Wednesday night, Alipour was hit by a car. When he came to, here's what he saw:

Terrell Owens was standing over me. I'm told he was the first do-gooder on the scene of the accident. That he helped me to my feet and off the street to safe ground. That he didn't leave my side. It seems the mercurial Dallas Cowboys receiver is my hero. But my hero looks scared, and this scares me.

"Wow, you all right, man?" Owens kept asking me, but in a manner that would suggest there is no possible way that I, in fact, could be all right. "Don't move. Just sit there. Breathe. Don't move."

It's now that I noticed the car's jacked windshield, which sports a hole the size of, well, my upper torso.

Yikes, I did that?

"That was crazy. Crazy," Owens confirmed. "You all right, man?

I'm fine, nothing to worry about, but Owens is so concerned, so kind, and I'm so touched by this -- we hardly know each other -- that I think my lip is quivering. There's a good chance I could break down like T.O. at that news conference. (It's just not fair. That's my receiver, man.)

Alipour wasn't seriously hurt, and Owens didn't stick around to be thanked or acknowledged.

But thanks go out to him here, just for being a solid guy. He deserves all the positive image rehabilitation that comes with being a good samaritan after a nearby car vs. pedestrian incident

link

TO is Bi-polar. The guy is a genuinely good dude a lot of the time. Then there are those other times....

whats so heroic about coming to the aid of a guy who got hit by a car? i mean seriously, isn't it someones natural reaction to help someone who was just hit by a car?

let all the owens supporters and dallas fans come out of the wood work and blow this guy up. i def give him props for being the first there and all but he didnt save the guys life. tony gonzalez saved a mans life. lets not blow this out of proportion.

whats so heroic about coming to the aid of a guy who got hit by a car? i mean seriously, isn't it someones natural reaction to help someone who was just hit by a car?

let all the owens supporters and dallas fans come out of the wood work and blow this guy up. i def give him props for being the first there and all but he didnt save the guys life. tony gonzalez saved a mans life. lets not blow this out of proportion.

I usually just point and laugh.

So, he didn't spit on him, tell him to get the f out of the way, and acted like a decent human being. Way to go.

:rolleyes:

So, he didn't spit on him, tell him to get the f out of the way, and acted like a decent human being. Way to go.

:rolleyes:

And I thought that was beyond him.

Good on him. F him anyway though.

Jeez.....it was only a sports writer.......the guy in the honda should have the hell beat out of him for not hitting the guy harder....... ;)

TO probably had it arranged to hit someone, so he could look like a nice guy.

Im not buying his shenanigans.

Just so we're straight here, T.O. is a hero because someone was hit by a car within a few feet of him and he didn't let the guy die? Plus, it sounds like the guy wasn't even injured.

T.O. is like a small child because of his mental deficiencies and emotional issues, so this fits into his character. Willing to help people out, caring, and very emotionally sensitive but prone to tantrums, outbursts, suicide attamepts, etc.

he should have swerved and hit T.O. damnit!!!

I heard it was McNabb driving the Honda and that's what he was actually trying to do.

Of course he tried to help the dude. TO can't afford to get busted on a hit and run. :whistle: