Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingJav

I've been thinking about something concerning....

Those broads would hang all over a two legged dog if it was the QB of the Cowgirls. The most overhyped team in all of football.
hahaha one of the funiest things ive heard in a while

Murchison and Shramm, original owner and GM, realized that placing them in the East would be advantageous as far as national exposure and ratings were concerned. Obviously, their gamble paid off. 48 years later, it's safe to say that the Dallas Cowboys are the most popular (and successful) team in the NFL.

:lol::roll:

So...should I do a search from 79 to 97? Because anything after that is counteractive to your argument.

Ummm...try venturing before 79. Check out how many seasons they managed to string together a winning record. Oh yes, there should be something there concerning a couple of Super Bowl victories, too. Oh wait, those don't count on the EMB. Just like the Eagles' championships before the merger. If something occurred before a noob's time, it is of little value to him. Understand this, kid. If the Eagles were to win the Super Bowl this year, some punk arse Cowboys fan will be telling you 10 years from now that it doesn't mean anything. Trust me, it will really piss you off.

Oh, I don't know, describing how another guy has sex? :huh:

How another guy has sex with Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson, you dim bulb!

Do you remember when the Cards where ion the EAST? How the hell was that logical.

With the Cowboys I think it came down to the fact that they have such a rivalry between the giants, Eagles, and Skins that it would be just worng to take them away from that.

Fan since 1979? Google search the Cowboys and find out what all the hype is about, doooooshe. Suffice it to say, they've been a bit more successful than---err....your {cough} Eagles.

Cowboys W/L/T record is 444 /326/ 6

Eagles W/L/T is 496 /542/ 25

As clearly seen the Eagles have more wins than the Cowboys. Wins are wins...we have more broseph. I don't care if it's because we've been around since like 1933. If thats your arguement than we have 3 NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS as well, which are equal to todays SuperBowls.

Murchison and Shramm, original owner and GM, realized that placing them in the East would be advantageous as far as national exposure and ratings were concerned. Obviously, their gamble paid off. 48 years later, it's safe to say that the Dallas Cowboys are the most popular (and successful) team in the NFL.

And most hated. Congrats!

How another guy has sex with Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson, you dim bulb!

So as long as your fantasizing him with 2 attractive women its not gay on your part? We call this the denial stage.

As clearly seen the Eagles have more wins than the Cowboys. Wins are wins...we have more broseph. I don't care if it's because we've been around since like 1933. If thats your arguement than we have 3 NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS as well, which are equal to todays SuperBowls.

While I respect NFL Championships, they are not equal to Super Bowls. They really aren't. Back then the league had less teams and were not as organized. Granted, I know my team has a couple of NFL Championships too, but it really isn't comparing apples to apples.

So as long as your fantasizing him with 2 attractive women its not gay on your part? We call this the denial stage.

Your ignorance baffles me. Somebody pointed out Romo's "dumbo ears", so I provided a quip of sarcasm. For some reason, it gets your panties all bunched up, and you feel compelled to direct your misguided angst at me.

Relax, dude...

And most hated. Congrats!

Again, being the most revered and reviled (this one is certainly debatable) is much better than being "just a team" (e.g., the Eagles). As a matter of fact, mentioning the Eagles to most NFL fans across the country is sure to conjure up words/phrases like: 70+ years of futility, close but no cigar, they did their best....but..., if they had only had more weapons, maybe next year, etc. I can't imagine being among their fanbase....yikes. Actually, I can. It's called the Texas Rangers...or the Dallas Mavericks.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Cowboys sit on a lofty perch among storied franchises like the Yankees and Lakers. There's a reason for the love and hate, you see. It's a result of a disproportionate number of championships.

Sheesh...this is like saying that the Chinese military has had more victories than the United States. Oh yeah, the empire has been around about 5000 yrs, as compared to our 232.

Fuzzy math, to say the least. Oh well, whatever makes you feel better.

Fan since 1999? Ahhhh jeez! I'm jousting with a little kid. Sorry, fella. You win, ok?

Do you remember when the Cards where ion the EAST? How the hell was that logical.

With the Cowboys I think it came down to the fact that they have such a rivalry between the giants, Eagles, and Skins that it would be just worng to take them away from that.

Keep in mind, the rivalries occurred after they were placed in the division...not before. Again, it was a matter of getting more national exposure. No doubt, the gamble paid off...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Cowboys sit on a lofty perch among storied franchises like the Yankees and Lakers. There's a reason for the love and hate, you see. It's a result of a disproportionate number of championships.

Hmmm, I kind of disagree with you here. Cowboys are not in the same class as the Yankees and Lakes, mostly because those teams have been around longer. If anything, I would say Green Bay and the Giants are more storied franchises than Dallas, easily.

BTW, I hate baseball, so please don't assume I am a Yankee fan.

Hmmm, I kind of disagree with you here. Cowboys are not in the same class as the Yankees and Lakes, mostly because those teams have been around longer. If anything, I would say Green Bay and the Giants are more storied franchises than Dallas, easily.

BTW, I hate baseball, so please don't assume I am a Yankee fan.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, Slyde.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, Slyde.

Well, let me ask you a question. Are you just basing storied on SB's? Because if you are, then storied was not the right term to use.

Well, let me ask you a question. Are you just basing storied on SB's? Because if you are, then storied was not the right term to use.

Fair enough. I'm basing it on what the team (and ownership) has brought to the game since 1960 AND its track record of success on thie field. 11 years of playoff futility aside, this team has been phenomenal throughout the years. The Yankees and Lakers have had down years as well, but the tradition of excellence is always there.

Storied: 1. recorded or celebrated in history or story: the storied cities of ancient Greece.

Watch NFL films sometime and see if the Cowboys don't have a "storied" history. By the way, how long have you been watching NFL football. Be honest...

Fan since 1999? Ahhhh jeez! I'm jousting with a little kid. Sorry, fella. You win, ok?

:rolleyes: Thanks old man. I guess I'll take my 18 year old a** to Chucky Cheeses now.

Unfortunitely, the Cowboys' record is better than the Eagles' record.

:rolleyes: Thanks old man. I guess I'll take my 18 year old a** to Chucky Cheeses now.

Sounds good. Be careful out there...