Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedskinsFan01

Tony Romo is the reason Parcells retired

In an interview scheduled to air on Tuesday night, Bill Parcells says that Tony Romo's fumbled snap that cost the Cowboys the wild card victory two seasons ago is the reason he stopped coaching.

Is there anything Romo can't be blamed for? "All you got to do is kick a field goal, the most elementary of plays, and then you just don't do it. And so I don't want to go through that process again. Too much blood," Parcells said.

:thumbsup:

Article

:roll:

I'll never stop laughing at that Romo moment, but Parcells should blame himself as well. His horrid gameplan is a big reason they were in a position of needing a last second FG in the first place.

:roll:

I'll never stop laughing at that Romo moment, but Parcells should blame himself as well. His horrid gameplan is a big reason they were in a position of needing a last second FG in the first place.

I appreciate what Parcells did for Dallas, but I lost all respect for him when I found out prior to the Giants game he was sitting out in the parking lot trying to get a GM job with the Giants and called Andy Reid midway through the season when the birds looked dead and offered AR a shoulder to cry on, f'n pansy, then Andy righted the ship and kicked his arse. I'm fine with him leaving, and the fact that the same team he coached to 9-7 went 13-3 the year after he left.

. I'm fine with him leaving, and the fact that the same team he coached to 9-7 went 13-3 the year after he left.

Thats because they had a year to gel. If you're insinuating that Phillips is a better coach than Parcells, I think you're a tad bitter.

I'm fine with him leaving, and the fact that the same team he coached to 9-7 went 13-3 the year after he left.

Which has about 0 to do with Wade Philips' coaching prowess.

While I am no fan of the Cowboys , I have to question the validity of the blogger in this case.

It seems the author put al lot of spin on this one. Maybe Parcells was sick of being a puppet in the Jones empire

And here I thought it was my flu induced fever that caused all of the above to fall into place.

Whatever, I'm still taking credit for that missed snap, and the ensuing madness that happened. Either way, that's just funny!

And here I thought it was my flu induced fever that caused all of the above to fall into place.

Whatever, I'm still taking credit for that missed snap, and the ensuing madness that happened. Either way, that's just funny!

No...whats funny is your owner wouldn't pay the best WR in football at the time his money and keep him happy, prolly costing you a superbowl. Instead...Eagle fans can now say mcnabb is better then romo b/c he has never had any weapons.

Thats because they had a year to gel. If you're insinuating that Phillips is a better coach than Parcells, I think you're a tad bitter.

I'm not saying it's phillps, but Parcells didn't want TO, what do you think Dallas would be without TO? Parcells also never would have taken his foot off the brake on offense enough for Dallas to do what they did offensively last year, and he was just never commited to the team, every year floating retirement rumors, applying for jobs with division rivals, you tell me what you would think of Andy Reid if Dallas was tanking this year and you heard he called Phillips and offered moral support, or if on the morning before a game for the division lead late in the season vs the Giants he was in the parking lot talking to Giants officials about a job......would that sit well with you?

I'm not saying it's phillps, but Parcells didn't want TO, what do you think Dallas would be without TO? Parcells also never would have taken his foot off the brake on offense enough for Dallas to do what they did offensively last year, and he was just never commited to the team, every year floating retirement rumors, applying for jobs with division rivals, you tell me what you would think of Andy Reid if Dallas was tanking this year and you heard he called Phillips and offered moral support, or if on the morning before a game for the division lead late in the season vs the Giants he was in the parking lot talking to Giants officials about a job......would that sit well with you?

Its not that he didn't want the talent, it was the countless distractions, which he ended up being right about while he was still there to be honest. I mean, he also didn't want Julius Jones because he was soft so he drafted Marion Barber, would you say he was wrong about that?

I understand during the middle of the season you don't want the Cowboys coach calling the Eagles coach to offer moral support, but the thing is, they were friends before he went to the Boys if I'm not mistaken. Its not like they were discussing game-plans together, he was just offering support. I don't see the huge deal in that to be honest. He was being a good friend. Andy wouldn't do that with Wade because he wouldn't be friends with such an a** hat :P

About discussing with the Giants about a job, I've never heard about that....but you're right that wouldn't sit too well with me..but by that time I don't think too many people expected Parcells to be in Dallas the next season anyway. All I'm trying to say is Parcells took that team and made it back into a contender so to now be mad at him and being glad hes gone is like biting the hand that feeds.

Its not that he didn't want the talent, it was the countless distractions, which he ended up being right about while he was still there to be honest. I mean, he also didn't want Julius Jones because he was soft so he drafted Marion Barber, would you say he was wrong about that?

I understand during the middle of the season you don't want the Cowboys coach calling the Eagles coach to offer moral support, but the thing is, they were friends before he went to the Boys if I'm not mistaken. Its not like they were discussing game-plans together, he was just offering support. I don't see the huge deal in that to be honest. He was being a good friend. Andy wouldn't do that with Wade because he wouldn't be friends with such an a** hat :P

About discussing with the Giants about a job, I've never heard about that....but you're right that wouldn't sit too well with me..but by that time I don't think too many people expected Parcells to be in Dallas the next season anyway. All I'm trying to say is Parcells took that team and made it back into a contender so to now be mad at him and being glad hes gone is like biting the hand that feeds.

Yeah, but Parcells was part of the distraction, he constantly egged TO on in the media and in private, and I don't want to defend TO too much, he's crazy, but looking at it at this point Parcells was wrong. As far as Julius Jones and Marion Barber, first off Parcells chose Julius over Stephen Jackson, and when he drafted MB3 he was looking for a complimentry back, because at the time people were convinced Julius was for real. Look, all coaches are right about players and wrong, When Jimmy Johnson built Dallas in the early 90's you'd be suprised how many draft picks he missed on, high ones too, 1st rounders, so I don't want to get into a laundry list of what he did right and wrong, I readily admitt Dallas wouldn't be half as good if he never came here. but it was just time for him to go.

:lol: , true dat, but I still think it's candy arse.

As far as the NY thing, there were always rumors about him retiring, that's fine, but a couple hours before what looked to be the biggest game of the season to that point is not the time to be applying for jobs with the team you are getting ready to play. he and Jerry actually got along quite well, after Parcells retired he kept his office in the Dallas facilities and actually interviewed both Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips and gave his input on certain players and such, so it wasn;t like he was getting pushed out the door.

I'm not mad at Parcells for the talent he brought in, the bottom line is, it was just time for him to go, for his sake and the teams.

Yeah, but Parcells was part of the distraction, he constantly egged TO on in the media and in private, and I don't want to defend TO too much, he's crazy, but looking at it at this point Parcells was wrong. As far as Julius Jones and Marion Barber, first off Parcells chose Julius over Stephen Jackson, and when he drafted MB3 he was looking for a complimentry back, because at the time people were convinced Julius was for real. Look, all coaches are right about players and wrong, When Jimmy Johnson built Dallas in the early 90's you'd be suprised how many draft picks he missed on, high ones too, 1st rounders, so I don't want to get into a laundry list of what he did right and wrong, I readily admitt Dallas wouldn't be half as good if he never came here. but it was just time for him to go.

:lol: , true dat, but I still think it's candy arse.

As far as the NY thing, there were always rumors about him retiring, that's fine, but a couple hours before what looked to be the biggest game of the season to that point is not the time to be applying for jobs with the team you are getting ready to play. he and Jerry actually got along quite well, after Parcells retired he kept his office in the Dallas facilities and actually interviewed both Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips and gave his input on certain players and such, so it wasn;t like he was getting pushed out the door.

I'm not mad at Parcells for the talent he brought in, the bottom line is, it was just time for him to go, for his sake and the teams.

The Cowboys added Hamlin and Leonard Davis after BP left. That's it. They also lost Jason Ferguson, Terry Glenn, and played most of the season without Newman and Henry on the field at the same time.

Yet WP goes 13-3 with a better defense with less players, and the same offense. That doesn't mean WP is better than BP, it just means WP was better for the Cowboys.

About as well as it sat with me when Jerry Jones was on the phone with Atlantas head coach wooing him to a college team.

About as well as it sat with me when Jerry Jones was on the phone with Atlantas head coach wooing him to a college team.

Jerry doesn't owe Atlanta ish, just like NY didn't owe it to Dallas not to meet with their HC (Parcells) in the parking lot before a game, I don't blame NY, I blame Parcells, he was the Head Coach at the time, and don't tell me that you wouldn't feel the same if your HC did that.

Nice job dodging the question.

But as far as I know, Jerry contacted Arthur, Arthur said no, and that was the extent of Jerry's involvement.

I appreciate what Parcells did for Dallas, but I lost all respect for him when I found out prior to the Giants game he was sitting out in the parking lot trying to get a GM job with the Giants and called Andy Reid midway through the season when the birds looked dead and offered AR a shoulder to cry on, f'n pansy, then Andy righted the ship and kicked his arse. I'm fine with him leaving, and the fact that the same team he coached to 9-7 went 13-3 the year after he left.

They went 13-3 with HIS TEAM! And you would have been a lot better off having Parcell's at the helm during the playoffs last year than with Wade "I have never won anything" Phillips.

They went 13-3 with HIS TEAM! And you would have been a lot better off having Parcell's at the helm during the playoffs last year than with Wade "I have never won anything" Phillips.

"His team"....that's funny.

Jon Gruden won the Superbowl with Tony Dungy's team too, right?

"His team"....that's funny.

Jon Gruden won the Superbowl with Tony Dungy's team too, right?

Yes, the difference is that Gruden WON and that both he and Dungy are very good coaches in their own right. How soon Cowboy fans forget, Parcells brought the Boy's back to respectability.

Yes, the difference is that Gruden WON and that both he and Dungy are very good coaches in their own right. How soon Cowboy fans forget, Parcells brought the Boy's back to respectability.

he did, but it was time for him to f'n go

he did, but it was time for him to f'n go

He didn't want Romo and he didn't want TO. Without Sean Payton and Jerry Jones, BP would have created nothing more than a replica of the '06 Bears.