Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedskinsFan01

Tony Romo is the reason Parcells retired

He didn't want Romo and he didn't want TO. Without Sean Payton and Jerry Jones, BP would have created nothing more than a replica of the '06 Bears.

that's true, because in 2005 he signed Testeverde to back up Quincy Carter with Drew Henson as the 3rd guy and Romo was just a training camp body and was going to get cut, had not Q failed the drug test, I remember seeing people talking about how Payton wanted to start Romo over Carter his rookie year, and i was pissed, because I was pulling for Carter and Henson at the time myself and was like "wtf is this Romo guy?" but in defense of Bill stuff like that happens, there is dumb luck involved sometimes, I remember reading where Jimmy was on the fence about rather to trade Aikman or Walsh

that's true, because in 2005 he signed Testeverde to back up Quincy Carter with Drew Henson as the 3rd guy and Romo was just a training camp body and was going to get cut, had not Q failed the drug test, I remember seeing people talking about how Payton wanted to start Romo over Carter his rookie year, and i was pissed, because I was pulling for Carter and Henson at the time myself and was like "wtf is this Romo guy?" but in defense of Bill stuff like that happens, there is dumb luck involved sometimes, I remember reading where Jimmy was on the fence about rather to trade Aikman or Walsh

Well, I do think Romo is a pretty good QB, but I'm still not sold that if he didn't have a lot of talent around him like Witten, TO, a huge line, and Marion Barber that he would do so well. I think if Henson or Carter had a few years on the bench before starting and then had that much talent around them to start they would have done a lot better. Not saying they'd have Romo success, but...you get what I'm saying.

Yep, but what pisses me off is when people say stupid crap like "BP brought in Romo", or "BP developed Romo".

Parcells didn't give a ish about Romo until Romo saved his has-been arse. BP did some good things in Dallas, but everyone outside of Dallas gives him way too much credit for what he did and didn't do.

I think Bill has the perfect job for himself now. His coaching days were over when he left the Patriots.

Well, I do think Romo is a pretty good QB, but I'm still not sold that if he didn't have a lot of talent around him like Witten, TO, a huge line, and Marion Barber that he would do so well. I think if Henson or Carter had a few years on the bench before starting and then had that much talent around them to start they would have done a lot better. Not saying they'd have Romo success, but...you get what I'm saying.

I've been harping the same thing for years. Guys get drafted and then get thrown to the wolves too soon. They break, and end up with the "bust" label. Give any guy 3 years to learn the NFL game, and he'll at least be a player. Find a guy with the right tools, skills, and attributes, and give him the same, and you get a guy like Romo.

hey supporting cast means alot, there are very few QB's that can succeed without a good one, and Romo has given me no reason to think he could, so I can't argue too much, Carter was actually ok and showing a little promise but had mental/drug issues, Henson has been sitting for a few years and is out of the league, the guy was no good

I appreciate what Parcells did for Dallas, but I lost all respect for him when I found out prior to the Giants game he was sitting out in the parking lot trying to get a GM job with the Giants and called Andy Reid midway through the season when the birds looked dead and offered AR a shoulder to cry on, f'n pansy, then Andy righted the ship and kicked his arse. I'm fine with him leaving, and the fact that the same team he coached to 9-7 went 13-3 the year after he left.

agreed. parcells is an a**.

agreed. parcells is an a**.

finally! someone who doesn't snuggle the Tuna's sack

No...whats funny is your owner wouldn't pay the best WR in football at the time his money and keep him happy, prolly costing you a superbowl. Instead...Eagle fans can now say mcnabb is better then romo b/c he has never had any weapons.

How many playoff games did we win with TO? 1-2-3? Oh yeah 0. And he's not the best WR.

finally! someone who doesn't snuggle the Tuna's sack

Tuna is the coach version of TO. Except actually smart. He has so much talent gameplanning and finding talent but his motivational tactics no matter how good the writers claim them to be are stupid.

No...whats funny is your owner wouldn't pay the best WR in football at the time his money and keep him happy, prolly costing you a superbowl. Instead...Eagle fans can now say mcnabb is better then romo b/c he has never had any weapons.

McNabb has accomplished stuff without weapons. What has Romo accomplished with 2 weapons? NOTHING!!!!! So yes, McNabb is better because he never had any weapons. :nonono:

McNabb has accomplished stuff without weapons. What has Romo accomplished with 2 weapons? NOTHING!!!!! So yes, McNabb is better because he never had any weapons. :nonono:

I'd agree that in his prime 2000-2003 Mcnabb was better than Romo is now, because he was good enough to carry a sub standard offensive team talentwise to the NFC title game, he had weapons one year and put up almost the same #'s Romo did last year, since then he is a .500 QB and it's 2008 now, so we will have to see.

McNabb has accomplished stuff without weapons. What has Romo accomplished with 2 weapons? NOTHING!!!!! So yes, McNabb was better because he never had any weapons. :nonono:

:D

pretty good statement right there. I dont think there should be any arguments comming your way.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda....

Knowing Dallas's luck with playoff wins and knowing Dallas's defense....the Seahawks would have most likely just marched straight down the field with a minute left and kick the actual game winning FG.

Who fricken knows though.