Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happyfoosball

Camp starts next in two days, excited!

Washington 6-10

This is a team that has the Saints and Cleveland at home then Dallas, Philly and the Giants on the ROAD in the first 8 games. Their "easy" games will bet he Lions and Arizona. Then in their 9th game they get the Steelers at home heading in to a bye week. The second half of the season they play Seattle, the Ravens and the Bengels on the road. There is no way in hell this teams going to the playoffs. They will be lucky if they don't implode during the bye week.

Dallas 11-5

Dallas I see them being about 6-2 at the bye, their schedule is a little more friendly then the Redskins as far as having some road games against some easier teams and then also they are just better then the Redskins. This teams either gonna be 11-5 or 12-4 depending on whether or not they close out a couple of division games against the Eagles and the Giants late in the year. Absolute worst case I they go 10-6 and get a wildcard.

Eagles

10 - 6

Road games in Dallas and Chicago early in the year but winnable home games against the Steelers. I know the Steelers are good but theres a lot of bad blood with the two PA teams playing. I think the Eagles will steal that early in the year and I think they will win 3 in a row against Washington, SF, and Atlanta. I see this team as possibly easily being 5-2 7 games in. I think they will stumble a little bit after that especially against the Giants in Jersey. I'll tell you, I think the Eagles Cowboys game right at the end of the year has the making of a classic. It could decide the division winner or whether or not the Eagles get the wildcard. I think the Eagles could go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. I'm going to say 10-6 to be nice.

Giants

11 - 5

After 4 games they should be 4-0 but I think they might drop that game to the Bengles which would put them at 3-1. SF at home should be a nice momentium win heading in to the game with the Steelers which will be Manning vs Rothlessburger for the first time since their rookie year in a game I see the Steelers probably winning. I do see them beating Dallas the next week at home, I don't think Dallas will go in to the Meadowlands and win two years in a row. The game against the Eagles in Philly will be an absolute dog fight and could go either way. I'm predicting that game will come down to 3 points. I do think overall they will be 6-2 at the bye right with Dallas tied atop the division. I see this team going 11-5 or 12-4. Just like Dallas with a worst case of 10-6.

The division will come down too those divisional games the second half of the season between the Eagles, Giants, and the Cowboys. All 3 teams are in a good position to win it. I think the schedule favors the Giants this year, but the Eagles have a fair one and so does Dallas. The team that really got screwed is Washington with all those tough road games to start the season. So i'm calling the division as too close to even predict. Injuries amongst those 3 teams will decide in all likelyhood.

Some other predictions I want to make about the division.

If McNabb goes down with a season ending injury he will not be back next year with the Eagles.

Marion Barber will run for over 1300 yards.

Brandon Jacobs will rush for over 1100 yards.

Jason Taylor will retire from the Redskins at the end of the season to start a career in show business.

Cambell won't start the entire season in Washington.

Eli Manning will have a QB rating over 80 for the first time in his career

Tony Romo will date a famous blonde

Wade Phillips will be fired at the end of the season if Dallas doesn't win a playoff game.

The Eagles will be one star wide receiver short of being one of the best teams in football but their GM won't consider it a need because they will make the playoffs ;)

Plaxico will make his first pro bowl as a Giant.

Better thread then the Eli one. I see the Eagles as a 9-11 win team, despite the lack of a #1 WR. That is, IF Dmac stays healthy. I see the Giants around their same mark, a 9-11 win season as well...I don't like the loss of Shockey, Strahan, and the LBer depth. The Skins have talent, but holes in major areas (DT, OL, S). I see them with 7-9 wins. The Cowboys have a TON of talent, but I truly believe that Philips is a bone head. They should win the division with 9-12 wins, and then lose in their 1st playoff game :excited: Seriously, they might win a playoff game, but I don't think they have the year they did last year.

Eagles

10 - 6

Road games in Dallas and Chicago early in the year but winnable home games against the Steelers. I know the Steelers are good but theres a lot of bad blood with the two PA teams playing. I think the Eagles will steal that early in the year and I think they will win 3 in a row against Washington, SF, and Atlanta. I see this team as possibly easily being 5-2 7 games in. I think they will stumble a little bit after that especially against the Giants in Jersey. I'll tell you, I think the Eagles Cowboys game right at the end of the year has the making of a classic. It could decide the division winner or whether or not the Eagles get the wildcard. I think the Eagles could go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. I'm going to say 10-6 to be nice.

Giants

11 - 5

After 4 games they should be 4-0 but I think they might drop that game to the Bengles which would put them at 3-1. SF at home should be a nice momentium win heading in to the game with the Steelers which will be Manning vs Rothlessburger for the first time since their rookie year in a game I see the Steelers probably winning. I do see them beating Dallas the next week at home, I don't think Dallas will go in to the Meadowlands and win two years in a row. The game against the Eagles in Philly will be an absolute dog fight and could go either way. I'm predicting that game will come down to 3 points. I do think overall they will be 6-2 at the bye right with Dallas tied atop the division. I see this team going 11-5 or 12-4. Just like Dallas with a worst case of 10-6.

Assuming Dallas takes the division and Washington falls down again, I'm expecting the Eagles vs Giants games to be two of the best games of the season. Two perfectly evenly matched teams in a divisional rivalry makes for two amazing games! Second place in the division and even a playoff birth could come down to these games based on how late they are. Those games are going to be fantastic(which is why i bought tickets to both games! ;) )

Better thread then the Eli one. I see the Eagles as a 9-11 win team, despite the lack of a #1 WR. That is, IF Dmac stays healthy. I see the Giants around their same mark, a 9-11 win season as well...I don't like the loss of Shockey, Strahan, and the LBer depth. The Skins have talent, but holes in major areas (DT, OL, S). I see them with 7-9 wins. The Cowboys have a TON of talent, but I truly believe that Philips is a bone head. They should win the division with 9-12 wins, and then lose in their 1st playoff game :excited: Seriously, they might win a playoff game, but I don't think they have the year they did last year.

Our schedule is brutal, but so is the rest of the NFC East. I think the areas you mentioned are some of the strongest areas on our team.

DT - The DT position was stronger for us then DE was. We dont have a pass-rushing defensive tackle but our DT's are stout against the run.

OL - The OL is back to 100% healthy and we have better depth then we had last year. 2nd-year lineman Stephon Heyer has a year of starting experience under his belt, 3rd round pick Chad Rhinehart is a backup and future starter (he'll probably take over at LG for pete kendall in 2009). Those are the young guys worth mentioning at this point, we also have good veteran backups there.

S - LaRon Landry is on the verge of becoming an elite safety in this league and is probably the best safety in the division. Reed Doughty is the SS and started the last 6 games for the skins last year and did very well. For depth we have raiders safety Stuart Schweigert, rookies Kareem Moore and Chris Horton.

And to the original poster: What do you mean when you say Campbell won't start the entire season? I'm curious if you mean an injury or he gets benched.

If McNabb goes down with a season ending injury he will not be back next year with the Eagles.

Marion Barber will run for over 1300 yards.

Brandon Jacobs will rush for over 1100 yards.

Jason Taylor will retire from the Redskins at the end of the season to start a career in show business.

Cambell won't start the entire season in Washington.

Eli Manning will have a QB rating over 80 for the first time in his career

Wade Phillips will be fired at the end of the season if Dallas doesn't win a playoff game.

The Eagles will be one star wide receiver short of being one of the best teams in football but their GM won't consider it a need because they will make the playoffs ;)

Plaxico will make his first pro bowl as a Giant.

even being the big homer/hater I am, I can't really argue with any of that, I'd be happy as crap if Barber got 1300 yards, I don't know if he has that in him

Outside of my Giants prediction (11-5) I have no idea how anyone will finish. I think that the Cowboys and Giants are 2+ wins better than Philly and 3+ wins better than Wash., but who knows, certainly health means a great deal, especially to those teams that are paper-thin in spots.

Luckily the Giants have a ton of depth. Washington probably has the least amount of depth, especially along the O&DLines, which could prove to be a big problem.

Outside of my Giants prediction (11-5) I have no idea how anyone will finish. I think that the Cowboys and Giants are 2+ wins better than Philly and 3+ wins better than Wash., but who knows, certainly health means a great deal, especially to those teams that are paper-thin in spots.

Luckily the Giants have a ton of depth. Washington probably has the least amount of depth, especially along the O&DLines, which could prove to be a big problem.

I fel like Dallas has good depth, but can't afford injuries at WR and ofcourse QB, because Brad Johnson is done

I fel like Dallas has good depth, but can't afford injuries at WR and ofcourse QB, because Brad Johnson is done

the depth and/or talent drop off after TO is ridiculous..Like West in Philly, if TO is lost for time, your season is done...

Seems like the same predictions as last year...redskins bottom feaders blah, blah, blah....Holes at DT which happened to be fourth against the run...blah, blah.....Every year is different...The teams you think will be weak end up strong....I'll believe it when I see it...

Washington 6-10

This is a team that has the Saints and Cleveland at home then Dallas, Philly and the Giants on the ROAD in the first 8 games. Their "easy" games will bet he Lions and Arizona. Then in their 9th game they get the Steelers at home heading in to a bye week. The second half of the season they play Seattle, the Ravens and the Bengels on the road. There is no way in hell this teams going to the playoffs. They will be lucky if they don't implode during the bye week.

Dallas 11-5

Dallas I see them being about 6-2 at the bye, their schedule is a little more friendly then the Redskins as far as having some road games against some easier teams and then also they are just better then the Redskins. This teams either gonna be 11-5 or 12-4 depending on whether or not they close out a couple of division games against the Eagles and the Giants late in the year. Absolute worst case I they go 10-6 and get a wildcard.

Eagles

10 - 6

Giants

11 - 5

The division will come down too those divisional games the second half of the season between the Eagles, Giants, and the Cowboys. All 3 teams are in a good position to win it. I think the schedule favors the Giants this year, but the Eagles have a fair one and so does Dallas. The team that really got screwed is Washington with all those tough road games to start the season. So i'm calling the division as too close to even predict. Injuries amongst those 3 teams will decide in all likelyhood.

If Dallas loses Owens or Whitten they will be done as far as being a contender because opposing defenses will just double whoevers left standing. I think Brad Johnson could fill in for Tony Romo just fine. Wouldn't be very different from how Garcia filled in for McNabb two years ago.

Our schedule is brutal, but so is the rest of the NFC East. I think the areas you mentioned are some of the strongest areas on our team.

DT - The DT position was stronger for us then DE was. We dont have a pass-rushing defensive tackle but our DT's are stout against the run.

OL - The OL is back to 100% healthy and we have better depth then we had last year. 2nd-year lineman Stephon Heyer has a year of starting experience under his belt, 3rd round pick Chad Rhinehart is a backup and future starter (he'll probably take over at LG for pete kendall in 2009). Those are the young guys worth mentioning at this point, we also have good veteran backups there.

S - LaRon Landry is on the verge of becoming an elite safety in this league and is probably the best safety in the division. Reed Doughty is the SS and started the last 6 games for the skins last year and did very well. For depth we have raiders safety Stuart Schweigert, rookies Kareem Moore and Chris Horton.

And to the original poster: What do you mean when you say Campbell won't start the entire season? I'm curious if you mean an injury or he gets benched.

He's gonna get benched by an impatient coach who's under fire. And the Redskins schedule is worse then the other teams because they have 3 divisional road games and the hardest games they have are frontloaded towards the start of their season. When NFL teams start 2 or even 3 games under .500 they usually quit playing.

Assuming Dallas takes the division and Washington falls down again, I'm expecting the Eagles vs Giants games to be two of the best games of the season. Two perfectly evenly matched teams in a divisional rivalry makes for two amazing games! Second place in the division and even a playoff birth could come down to these games based on how late they are. Those games are going to be fantastic(which is why i bought tickets to both games! ;) )

I think the Giants and Dallas are actually a little bit better then the Eagles this year but I see the Eagles being a little hungrier and a little more determined which often can bridge the gap especially if they can stay healthy. That combined with the fact that late in the season divisional games in the NFC East have always been inpossible to predict IMO gives them a chance to win the division this year.

Assuming Washington Falls down again <_< .....Did I miss something, didn't the skins make the playoffs last year...Needing to beat Minn at there place and stuffing peterson for 27 yards, who stated the skins d was the toughest he faced all year...And needing to beat the giants at there place.....

Now I"ll give you that we have a new coach and I"m not predicting anything becasue they could be 4-12 or 11-5...I just don't know and neither do you..I'm going into the season with great interest because in the NFL you never know....Seeing how everyone believe's it's a three team race just like everyone believed that last year...

Trust me it's going to be a four team race....Even though the skins have tough games on the road in the division....In the second half the skins will be at home..Dont' count out the skins just yet....

Assuming Washington Falls down again <_< .....Did I miss something, didn't the skins make the playoffs last year...Needing to beat Minn at there place and stuffing peterson for 27 yards, who stated the skins d was the toughest he faced all year...And needing to beat the giants at there place.....

Now I"ll give you that we have a new coach and I"m not predicting anything becasue they could be 4-12 or 11-5...I just don't know and neither do you..I'm going into the season with great interest because in the NFL you never know....Seeing how everyone believe's it's a three team race just like everyone believed that last year...

Trust me it's going to be a four team race....Even though the skins have tough games on the road in the division....In the second half the skins will be at home..Dont' count out the skins just yet....

Anything can happen in the NFL. It's just what it looks like will happen if the teams go ahead with the rosters they have. The biggest thing the Skins need is a QB and the Packers are shopping Favre. If they go and get him then the division gets a lot more competitive IMO. But if you need motivation to watch the season just think of it like this "opinions are like @$% holes, everybody has one" Most people thought the Giants were gonna be 6-10 last year and you see how that turned out.

Anything can happen in the NFL. It's just what it looks like will happen if the teams go ahead with the rosters they have. The biggest thing the Skins need is a QB and the Packers are shopping Favre. If they go and get him then the division gets a lot more competitive IMO. But if you need motivation to watch the season just think of it like this "opinions are like @$% holes, everybody has one" Most people thought the Giants were gonna be 6-10 last year and you see how that turned out.

QB is not a need....The QB is young and should make his way.......The skins need OL help.....

QB is not a need....The QB is young and should make his way.......The skins need OL help.....

I'm not a believer in JC. Not from what i've seen. He's too limited.

The Eagles are going to compete this year unlike last year, dunno about playoffs though with a 10-6 record too much young talent to say playoffs at this point. Cowboys win the division, Giants prob take wild card with also a 10-6 record. Skins 8-8.

If Dallas loses Owens or Whitten they will be done as far as being a contender because opposing defenses will just double whoevers left standing. I think Brad Johnson could fill in for Tony Romo just fine. Wouldn't be very different from how Garcia filled in for McNabb two years ago.

Watch Johnson in the preseason if you get a chance, he's done, last year he tried to throw deep a couple times, and tried to throw a 10 yard out and couldn't get the ball there, he was having to loft balls 10 yards down the field, just no zip. I think there are quite a few QB's that could win with Dallas's team, but Johnson isn;t one of them. I'm hoping they swing a trade for Chriss Simms.

I disagree with them needing o-line help. We could use 1 more guy at backup center but other then that i think we have much better depth this year then last year.

And no way we can even afford Favre after getting Jason Taylor. Not to mention it will ruin Campbell's confidence. Campbell is the quarterback of the present and future with us and its not going to change anytime soon.

I disagree with them needing o-line help. We could use 1 more guy at backup center but other then that i think we have much better depth this year then last year.

And no way we can even afford Favre after getting Jason Taylor. Not to mention it will ruin Campbell's confidence. Campbell is the quarterback of the present and future with us and its not going to change anytime soon.

Then I hope you enjoy being a fan of an average team because that guy just doesn't have it.

That's what I mean more quality backup's...Because the starting 5 are as good or better than anyone in the NFC East..

The Eagles are going to compete this year unlike last year, dunno about playoffs though with a 10-6 record too much young talent to say playoffs at this point. Cowboys win the division, Giants prob take wild card with also a 10-6 record. Skins 8-8.

Still not sold on the cowboys winning the division or the gnats taking the wild card.....This is a new year, but based on last year's performance I guess you can make that assumption....

Giants

11 - 5

Foos' you're such a HOMER. <_<

But when you say stuff like this I can overlook it. :lol: