Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BF53

Devin Hester Holding Out

Ladanian Tomlinson makes 7+ per year.

He has been offered around 4m per year + incentives to ratchet it up if he performs in the top tier of WRs. Not good enough. He wants to be paid as a top 5 WR without having proven he is even an average one. Last year we had to waste timeouts many times because he couldn't even line up right. And our OC only asked him to learn 4 plays last year.

Isn't Devin Hester a super star, despite what position he is playing?

He's a difference maker so I don't understand the people who think it's absolutely ridiculous for him to ask for more money.

Isn't Devin Hester a super star, despite what position he is playing?

He's a difference maker so I don't understand the people who think it's absolutely ridiculous for him to ask for more money.

He's an impact player, but not one that is worth 7+mil a season. He wants to be paid like a top tier WR and yet he hasn't proven he can do **** at WR. A RS is not woth 7+ a year.

He changes field position without even touching the ball. When your offense is tremendously garbage... someone on special teams that cuts the field in 1/2 is extremely valuable.

Hester is stupid and has absolutely no leverage. Based on the daily fines the team could throw at him and his current salary, he'd be broke before week 1 of the regular season. Hold out all you want Hester. Just be prepared to sign your house and Land Rover over to the bank in September.

7.5 a year? F that.... hell no....

It's hilarious though how everyone around my neck of the woods would be willing to have Hester's child, including men..they make it like he's the greatest thing to ever hit an NFL field...

sh**, I'd trade him for draft picks up the arse

$100 Bucks more, that Hunter Hillenmeyer wants 10 mill per year , with a 15 mill signing bonus

Update: Hester threatening to sit out whole season.

Link on first post.

You are a real sharp fellow.

:lol::blush: oops. my bad.

So, he is threatening to sit out the whole season, just like lance briggs did? Funny how he caved and has signed a long term deal with the bears.

I don't understand what these players are trying to accomplish by staging their little "protests." If they sit out the whole season, the contract gets pushed back a year and then they are back to where they started. These players get fined every day they don't report to training camp. Hester is not making all that much where he can afford to sit out the whole season. He'll cave, so will the bears, and they will meet halfway.

Thts **** ridiculous..I know he's a game changer and all but He ain't a superstar..

Dude needs to Calm the F down and realize tht he is just a better returner thn Dante hall..the latter is actually a more polished receiver..He can't ask for big money

Not only is he just a return man, but the bears special teams unit as a whole is one of the best in the league. Granted he is good at what he does, but he would go no where if he didn't have those guys paving the way for him downfield.

Devin Hester is a ****.

You caught 21 balls last year! You get -- what 5-6 touches per game? Until you learn to play WR, no raise for you. If I were the Bears, I would trade him ASAP. You could probably get a 1st for him, maybe more.