Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingJav

Caleb Campbell can't play -- wow!

Awesome. I am glad. The Army invested about 125K into this guys education. I paid my own way through college and went on to be a police officer, but that did not alleviate my responsibilites to the Marine Corps.

Why should the army let him be rich and other people, cops, lawyers, doctors, etc... have to hold thier responsibility. When you sign the dotted line, you have a contractual obligation.

If the Army told him that he could serve his time as a recruiter if he was drafted by the NFL, then the government is breaking their verbal contract. David Robinson did serve, but mostly as a recruiter and by doing commercials for the Navy.

When Pat Tillman Left the NFL to join the army and everyone was amazed at his decision, to leave millions behind. He did the right thing. Everyone hails him as a hero, including myself. unfortunately, for this kid cambell, he doesnt have that choice. he already was enlisted when he got drafted. And as a Marine, i understand why the army is following its policies, but i do think it is going to shed a bad light on the army and the school. Kids looking for education and a possibility to play pro ball are offered some decent incentives to go to the school only to realize that they have to go if called upon(to war)unfortunately.

I think the army should have let him go through the drills but then let cambell make the decision, and that would have put the Army in a more positive spot light. and some people(you know who you are)dont agree with what the army is doing to cambell, wouldn't be discussing the Army in a bad or negetive way, but talking about Cambell and how he is just as much a hero as Tillman.