Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen1

Mcnabb is dillusional

"We beat the Cowboys last year, and we should have beaten them in the first game," said McNabb, apparently not afraid to provide a little bulletin board material for the folks training in Oxnard, Calif. "The Redskins, we should have beaten them the first time. The Giants, we should have beaten them both times. It's not just teams in our division; it's the NFC, period. I feel like we can compete with all of them. If you ask those teams, they'll tell you the same, that we have the type of team you have to look out for.

I'm not saying the birds wont compete, they will, but how do you lose a game to Dallas what 38-17? In a game where Dallas took their foot off the gas with well over 10 minutes to go and Philly should have won?

I can't really defend that quote. I love McNabb but he sounds pretty weak with all those "should have" comments.

That said, hes asked 153252345 million questions so its pretty tough to scrutinize every sentence that comes out of his mouth.

I can't really defend that quote. I love McNabb but he sounds pretty weak with all those "should have" comments.

That said, hes asked 153252345 million questions so its pretty tough to scrutinize every sentence that comes out of his mouth.

got ya bro, just thought it was crazy that this got no play nationally or locally

i'm gettin my hate on baby!

:lol: Whether McNabb had said something that made sense or not, it's going to get criticized regardless. Therefore I see no point of discussing it because he can never win with anyone.

Stephen, I have to agree with you, and I'm a big McNabb fan. I said in a TATE thread that it'd be a good thing if McNabb came down with laryngitis. That 38-17 score wasn't even really that close.

We (non Dallas fans) got on Phillips case for saying: "The better team lost", but give McNabb a pass here. Both comments are on the same level.

The ironic thing is I agree with what Phillips said, but don't think it was very professional of him to say it. I don't agree with McNabb's comment at all.

"We beat the Cowboys last year, and we should have beaten them in the first game," said McNabb, apparently not afraid to provide a little bulletin board material for the folks training in Oxnard, Calif. "The Redskins, we should have beaten them the first time. The Giants, we should have beaten them both times. It's not just teams in our division; it's the NFC, period. I feel like we can compete with all of them. If you ask those teams, they'll tell you the same, that we have the type of team you have to look out for.

I'm not saying the birds wont compete, they will, but how do you lose a game to Dallas what 38-17? In a game where Dallas took their foot off the gas with well over 10 minutes to go and Philly should have won?

I think what Donovan was trying to say is he feels the Eagles could have won that game. I wouldnt expect Donovan to skip that game when mentioning all the games nor would I expect to him to say "And we just got blown out that first game". He speaks of optimism all the time, thats what you should expect from Donovan at all times during an interview.

Stephen, I have to agree with you, and I'm a big McNabb fan. I said in a TATE thread that it'd be a good thing if McNabb came down with laryngitis. That 38-17 score wasn't even really that close.

We (non Dallas fans) got on Phillips case for saying: "The better team lost", but give McNabb a pass here. Both comments are on the same level.

The ironic thing is I agree with what Phillips said, but don't think it was very professional of him to say it. I don't agree with McNabb's comment at all.

nice post bro!

The Giants, we should have beaten them both times.

heh. um, in a game where you (personally) get sacked 12 times and score only 3 points, you should not win. and "could" is not even in the realm of possibility either...

heh. um, in a game where you (personally) get sacked 12 times and score only 3 points, you should not win. and "could" is not even in the realm of possibility either...

Stop acting like you blew us out in that game. We had chances to score and we blew it. The Giants never had a huge lead where it would have been impossible to come back. And we had a Reggie Brown TD taken away by penalty.

He;s not all wrong. It was a 14-7 game towards the end of the first half and lito made a sweet pick when it looked like dallas was about to score again. Then mcnabb goes incomplete, incomplete, interception giving them the ball right back in scoring position, and they scored. That sucked all the energy out of the stadium and the team. When sheldon made the comment about what's the point of getting INTs when the offense won;t do anything with it, i bet this is the exact game he was thinking of.

To make it worse, Dallas opened the second half with a TD and we drove down the field inside the 20 only to have mcnabb take a sack, incomplete pass, and then throw a dump pass on 3rd and 16. If mcnabb does something useful with litos int it could have been a tie game at the half. If he converts in the redzone to start the second half at least the game stays reasonable.

Stop acting like you blew us out in that game. We had chances to score and we blew it. The Giants never had a huge lead where it would have been impossible to come back. And we had a Reggie Brown TD taken away by penalty.

excuses. excuses. excuses. wasn't a blow out, but the Giants dominated that game. and McNabb.

McNabb gets a pass on this one. Football is a business, and he has fans to fire up. No harm, no foul..........

All he really may have meant by it was that the Eagles should have played better.

Wassup, Iron?

The bottom line is, it must really suck having a mic stuck in your face all the time. My job requires me to speak to a room full of people all the time (ok, I teach), and according to them, I make mistakes sometimes. Heck, I've even told the same bad joke to the same class more than once.

Meh. He's confident. And honestly, he's right about all the games except for the first Dallas game. They whooped us in that one. Other than that they were all close games that could have gone either way.

Welcome to a few years ago. McNabb running his mouth and sounding like a moron is nothing new. I remember a couple years ago when he pulled the race card. THAT was classic. But he usually plays well on the field so nobody really cares. I think it's funny how it's okay for Wade Phillips to say "the better team lost" but you post a thread about this. Weak.

Meh. He's confident. And honestly, he's right about all the games except for the first Dallas game. They whooped us in that one. Other than that they were all close games that could have gone either way.

I know that 16-3 Giants, Eagles game went right down to the wire! I'm not sure how McNabb thinks they shoulda won that one. Mabye he thinks he's allowed to throw td passes while laying on the ground with Osi on top of him. That would take a lot of arm strength though!

what are you talking about it was 0-0 at one point? We were so close. :D

I know that 16-3 Giants, Eagles game went right down to the wire! I'm not sure how McNabb thinks they shoulda won that one. Mabye he thinks he's allowed to throw td passes while laying on the ground with Osi on top of him. That would take a lot of arm strength though!

Yeah that one doesn't make sense to me either. That was a 16-3 blowout. The other game we should have won but many times teams lose games they should have won. Bears game, that's a different story.