Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happyfoosball

Patriots record in 2008

So uh looking at their schedule i'm gonna say 15-1 or 16-0 again. They play the SD on the road and the Steelers at home. Well they do play the Colts on the road. So those are 3 games they "could" lose. I guess 14-2 is probably worst case for them. How does this happen lol?

SD and Indy road games will be tough. They could win both, lose both or split. It's hard to say. I see no reason they'll lose to Pitt if they're playing at home though. Last year, not counting their win in Indy, they stopped blowing teams out once they played us, but they still beat Pitt pretty comfortably.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Patriots go 16-0 in the regular season, especially if Brady and Moss and recapture what they technically never lost from last season. The only thing I see holding them back is injuries and the loss of Assante. Sure the Patriots can plug people in at different spots and know how to protect the weaknesses of players, but nobody should overlook just how dominating Assante was in that system.

In the end, I don't think the Patriots will go 16-0 because they are an older team and eventually they just have to start feeling the injury bug bite. So I imagine the Patriots go 11-5 or 12-4 and win the AFC East by 5 games, then lose in the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh, who I think will finish the regular season at 13-3.

Uh to who? lol the Bills, Dolphins or Jets?

They could lose to the Jets if the new OLBs can get some pressure on Brady, then have the running game slow the pace of the game down. The Jets usually play the Pats pretty tough, so it wouldn't be completely unexpected to see the Jets win in Jersey.

The Bills could possibly steal a game too, but it would take an outstanding game by Edwards or at the very least a monster performance from Lynch and the Bills defense with Edwards just not screwing it up.

They should have lost to Baltimore and Philly in 07...but got lucky. They're not indestructable.

They could lose to the Jets if the new OLBs can get some pressure on Brady, then have the running game slow the pace of the game down. The Jets usually play the Pats pretty tough, so it wouldn't be completely unexpected to see the Jets win in Jersey.

The Bills could possibly steal a game too, but it would take an outstanding game by Edwards or at the very least a monster performance from Lynch and the Bills defense with Edwards just not screwing it up.

what you talking about?

what you talking about?

The Jets run a 3-4 defense and during the offseason they picked up Calvin Pace from Arizona (6.5 sacks last year) and drafted the kid from Ohio State who could be a beast of a pass rusher.

I'm saying 14-2, but remember what happens to teams that lose the Super Bowl...
thats usually the way it goes but....it may be the other way around this year....The Giants may struggle and the Patriots will do good again...yet the Patriots probably wont go far in the playoffs i believe

So uh looking at their schedule i'm gonna say 15-1 or 16-0 again. They play the SD on the road and the Steelers at home. Well they do play the Colts on the road. So those are 3 games they "could" lose. I guess 14-2 is probably worst case for them. How does this happen lol?

Aside from last year the Dolphins are pretty good about beating them at least once.

no way in hell they go perfect through the regular season. The odds are against them on that. It's against them to do it once let alone back to back. I'm not so bonered about this years Pats team. I mean they are good and I'm sure they will be decent again but as far as putting up numbers like they did last year...I dont see it. The Giants may have given an insight on how to get the edge with this pats team. Not all Defenses can do that but I'm sure they'll be trying.

I see a 13-3 or 12-4 season for these guys.