Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

biglcelica

Reggie Bush

so i was at a bar last night with some friends and we got on the topic of Reggie bush.. i was wondering what you all thought about him as a player. I for one think its to early to evaluate him, but here is something i found interesting...

STATS FROM 07

157 rushing attempts for 581 yards

he averaged 3.7 yards a game rushing.

he cought 73 passes for 417 yards.

yards from scrimage total 998 yards..

and he missed 4 games last season.

is it me, or does he seem to be under achieving right now?

Thoughts

so i was at a bar last night with some friends and we got on the topic of Reggie bush.. i was wondering what you all thought about him as a player. I for one think its to early to evaluate him, but here is something i found interesting...

STATS FROM 07

Thoughts

Identity complex; am I a RB or WR?

Identity complex; am I a RB or WR?

:lol:

but i think that he could be as good or even better than westbrook when its all said and done.

but i think that he could be as good or even better than westbrook when its all said and done.

ur funny...bush can't keep his balance past 3 yards running b/w the tackles

ur funny...bush can't keep his balance past 3 yards running b/w the tackles

man you guys are harsh, the guy has been in the NFL for 2 years.. im NOT saying that he is better than B-west, all im sayin is that he still has a huge upside, but he is underperforming right now.

man you guys are harsh, the guy has been in the NFL for 2 years.. im NOT saying that he is better than B-west, all im sayin is that he still has a huge upside, but he is underperforming right now.

you talk about him as if he was a WR or a QB when you say "been in the NFL for 2 years." He had his chance to really shine in his second year when Deuce went down in week 3 i believe. He was given the full time job, but he couldn't take advantage of it. A RB is the easiest skill position to learn as a rookie, So given it was his second year to break out and still couldn't should tell you about him. He is a bust, plain and simple.

you talk about him as if he was a WR or a QB when you say "been in the NFL for 2 years." He had his chance to really shine in his second year when Deuce went down in week 3 i believe. He was given the full time job, but he couldn't take advantage of it. A RB is the easiest skill position to learn as a rookie, So given it was his second year to break out and still couldn't should tell you about him. He is a bust, plain and simple.

i disagree with the whole bust thing, but i do see your point as far as him not taking advantage of being the guy when duece went down.

By is draft position, hype and money he is already bust, but nothing say he wont be solid scatback.

Great athlete, not a complete RB though. His vision or patience is why he can't run between the tackles very well. But time will tell which of the two is his weakness.

Reggie Bush was overrated coming out of college, and it showed on the football field when he got to the NFL. Someone who's averaging 500 rushing yards a season is nothing to get excited about. Until he proves otherwise, I'm going to continue calling him overrated. Right now he's not that great.

Bush is a poor man's Westbrook at best. Rookie RB's have the easiest transition to the NFL of any position.

I'll give him 1 more year but after that im officially labeling him a bust.

i dont see it.

overrated as F in madden...98 speed.. 88 catching??? WTF

It's just not right... though I bet his timed speed nearly equates that.

I think the jury's still out on him a bit, too. If he has another so-so season this year then yeah, I think I'll view him as just plain overrated. I'm not 100% ready to write him off just yet, though.

I don't know what happened last year, but the last half of his rookie season he was looking pretty good.

I'll give him one more year to show us something but if I were to say right now how I felt it would be that he was overhyped and falling short of expectations.

Reggie Bush is by far the biggest draft bust since Ryan Leaf.

Wow, your first post is a winner. Incidentally, a player cannot be a "bust" until he is no longer in the league.

Also, check out Reggie. He looks EFFIN cut.

STATS FROM 07

Thoughts

Last season Bush was affected by the loss of Deuce McCallister and an underperforming O-Line more than anything else. Bush was never going to live up to the hype that was placed on him since college. Although, there is still so much upside and potential in him, I wouldn't write him off.