Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solomon

Anquan Boldin won't re-sign

Only thing I dont like about signing Boldin is that it would stunt the development of Desean Jackson. He would be buried 4th on the depth chart.

Yeah but his main role will be PR and KR. He can play some time behind Boldin and Curtis and then ship out Brown make Jax our slot.

Yeah but his main role will be PR and KR. He can play some time behind Boldin and Curtis and then ship out Brown make Jax our slot.

Who knows if the kid can even play the slot though? At this point Reggie Brown is a much better WR. Boldin seems more of a possession receiver.

To the idiot that said the Real Roy Williams, yeah I'm sure that talented WR has nothing on that bum that would burn him 1000x over..... nothing at all!

I'd rather have Asante/Lito/Sheldon than Anquan

Yeah much more valuable to have those corners than one WR I agree

To the idiot that said the Real Roy Williams, yeah I'm sure that talented WR has nothing on that bum that would burn him 1000x over..... nothing at all!

Boldin says he won’t re-sign with Cards

Comments | Recommend

Scott Bordow, Tribune

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, unhappy that his contract has not been renegotiated, said Wednesday he will play out his contract and then leave for another team.

Boldin, whose current deal expires after the 2010 season, said he feels he’s been lied to by the Cardinals and that general manager Rod Graves promised him a new contract would be done before this season began.

Boldin said his unhappiness won’t affect his play on the field this year, but that he has no intention of ever signing another contract with the Cardinals.

When asked if he would prefer a trade at this point, Boldin paused and said, "I really don’t know.”

Boldin said his unhappiness does not stem from the fact that teammate Larry Fitzgerald received a lucrative new deal in the offseason averaging $10 million per year. Rather, Boldin believes his own performance warrants a new contract.

"I’ve earned it,” Boldin said.

TO agent is also Boldin agent

I love how people are so upset over contract disputes when it is our player, but when a player on another team has a contract issue and could possibly get traded here to help our team, the "keeping your word" thing no longer matters.
a funny double standard isnt it?

Yeah lets be honest here. Boldin and Fitz won't help that horrid defense, and they dont have that great of a QB either.

Yet every offseason they're picked to overachieve somehow.

I HATE THAT!! Every season experts and people always say Arizona is gonna do something. What happens? They dont do nada. But i cant wait for the thanksgiving game. Fitzgerald could have played for the winning team but no, he chose to stay with the losing team and they will once again lose when we face them

I'd take Boldin.

Ditto. I'm shocked that his name was never mentioned way back when the Eagles were said to be trying to trade for every #1 WR in the league.

i guess i'm the only one who thought the original poster was talking about boldin lining up opposite roy williams from detroit...y'know...they do wear silver & blue, too...

I HATE THAT!! Every season experts and people always say Arizona is gonna do something. What happens? They dont do nada. But i cant wait for the thanksgiving game. Fitzgerald could have played for the winning team but no, he chose to stay with the losing team and they will once again lose when we face them

No he couldn't. He was never a FA, and AZ said they weren't trading him this year anyway.

Ditto. I'm shocked that his name was never mentioned way back when the Eagles were said to be trying to trade for every #1 WR in the league.

I heard it thrown around a little. I thought getting Boldin from the Cards was more of a possibility than Fitzgerald. Who knows. It could possibly happen down the road.

You just said they dont do nothing. That doesnt even make sense.

You just said they dont do nothing. That doesnt even make sense.

depends on what side of town you live on.

I heard it thrown around a little. I thought getting Boldin from the Cards was more of a possibility than Fitzgerald. Who knows. It could possibly happen down the road.

I heard his name first right after Fitz re-upped, but nothing before. I'd be thrilled if we got him though.

I heard his name first right after Fitz re-upped, but nothing before. I'd be thrilled if we got him though.

i would ish the bed if you guys got him, I'd love for Dallas to go get him

Arizona is trying to prove they are hardasses, so they probably won't trade him if he doesn't hold out.

They wouldn't take Lito, and probably would only take picks. I hope we can get something done, but not counting on it.

At this point Chris Henry or Terry Glenn will be the best available, but the Eagles probably won't touch them. I personally would.

i don't know how healthy he is, but Eric Parker from San Diego is a nice WR for anyone looking for someone to stretch the field.

the one that got away was Chris Chambers for a 2nd rounder last year.

Arizona is trying to prove they are hardasses, so they probably won't trade him if he doesn't hold out.

They wouldn't take Lito, and probably would only take picks. I hope we can get something done, but not counting on it.

At this point Chris Henry or Terry Glenn will be the best available, but the Eagles probably won't touch them. I personally would.

I got a twitch in my pants whe I saw that story on NFL.com! Please , please I would love to see that guy in green!

i don't know how healthy he is, but Eric Parker from San Diego is a nice WR for anyone looking for someone to stretch the field.

the one that got away was Chris Chambers for a 2nd rounder last year.

No it was Randy Moss for a 4th 2 years ago....

You would take Chris Henry? a guy who cant stay out of trouble and also Terry Glen who yes was productive in his days but is coming off serious surgery? not me. you can touch both those guys, I wouldnt touch em with a 10 foot stick!

No it was Randy Moss for a 4th 2 years ago....

oh god you are right! jesus imagine if your team did that..........

You would take Chris Henry? a guy who cant stay out of trouble and also Terry Glen who yes was productive in his days but is coming off serious surgery? not me. you can touch both those guys, I wouldnt touch em with a 10 foot stick!

You sign Chris Henry to an incentive-laden contract. If he comes in and doesn't get in trouble, then he is a stud. If he does, see ya. No problems, no distractions.