Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Answer: 3

Hester Holdout...

Hester skipped the Bears' first practices this week in a holdout. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Hester said Friday he was glad to be in camp.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel said he did not know if the two-time Pro-Bowler will practice or if he's signed a new deal.

"I can't go out and play this year making $445,000. Come on, man," Hester said Wednesday.

Hester, who also played wide receiver last season, has two years remaining on his initial deal. He was the Bears' second round-draft pick in 2006.

"I'm glad he's here," special teams coordinator Dave Toub said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. "I'm not surprised. I'm happy. The fact is teams probably still would not kick to him if he showed up the day before the season started. It's a relief for him. It's a relief for everybody. He can get the offense down."

AS per http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=3504719

I guess he heard the voice of God..

"I can't go out and play this year making $445,000. Come on, man," Hester said Wednesday.

:lol:

Granted the Bears offense is pathetic to the point where it may get outscored by it's special teams unit, there just isn't a big pay day for a PR/KR that also happens to be a mediocre WR.

I can't go out and play this year making $445,000. Come on, man," Hester said Wednesday.

come on man hows he gonna feed his family off $445,000?

I can't go out and play this year making $445,000. Come on, man," Hester said Wednesday.

come on man hows he gonna feed his family off $445,000?

Thats kind of a lame pay day considering that he was so instrumental in them getting to the super bowl a few years ago. After taxes whats that like 300k?