Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

texasgiantfan

Eli and Peyton new nbc commercial

As far as numbers, it's funny. If someone points out that anyones numbers are way better than Eli's you guys cry about numbers not meaning ish

Not me, dude. I truly couldn't give a flying F about stats. Never have. I really only care about one stat, and thats W-L....the only one that means anything in the grand scheme of things. As long as Eli keeps winning games, he can throw 30 INT's and it wouldn't matter to me. Stats don't win Championships

Not me, dude. I truly couldn't give a flying F about stats. Never have. I really only care about one stat, and thats W-L....the only one that means anything in the grand scheme of things. As long as Eli keeps winning games, he can throw 30 INT's and it wouldn't matter to me. Stats don't win Championships

the problem is some people just want to count rings, which is flawed, because it ignores the fact that it's a team game, Troy Aikman won 3 rings, but there are QB's such as Steve Young, Phil Simms, Brett Favre, Jim kelly and Dan Marino to name a few that I feel were better QB's, and none of them have more than 1 ring, and some have none. Heck Warren Moon was better than Aikman. Peyton is, I could go on and on. Aikman was a bus driver, which is what I feel Eli is. People get all irate wen you call a QB a bus driver, but it isn't a bad thing, it's a guy that manages the game well and doesn't put their team in a hole, but then is capable of making some plays when needed, even a GW drive here or there, which is exactly what I felt Eli did in the playoff and SB. If Eli does that this year throughout the regular season the Giants will be tough to beat. Some people have to declare Eli the best QB in the NFC, why can't they just be happy with the fact that the Giants were the best team?

the problem is some people just want to count rings, which is flawed, because it ignores the fact that it's a team game, Troy Aikman won 3 rings, but there are QB's such as Steve Young, Phil Simms, Brett Favre, Jim kelly and Dan Marino to name a few that I feel were better QB's, and none of them have more than 1 ring, and some have none. Heck Warren Moon was better than Aikman. Peyton is, I could go on and on. Aikman was a bus driver, which is what I feel Eli is. People get all irate wen you call a QB a bus driver, but it isn't a bad thing, it's a guy that manages the game well and doesn't put their team in a hole, but then is capable of making some plays when needed, even a GW drive here or there, which is exactly what I felt Eli did in the playoff and SB. If Eli does that this year throughout the regular season the Giants will be tough to beat. Some people have to declare Eli the best QB in the NFC, why can't they just be happy with the fact that the Giants were the best team?

Phil simms has 2 rings.

Phil simms has 2 rings.

yeah, but he was injured during the playoffs and SB right? I mean Bledsoe contributed to the Pats SB season, even played in a playoff game, but I don't give him credit for that ring either.

yeah, but he was injured during the playoffs and SB right? I mean Bledsoe contributed to the Pats SB season, even played in a playoff game, but I don't give him credit for that ring either.

At least give him half a ring.

Eli is great, better actor than Peyton, and that's saying alot because Peyton is great too.

McNabb sucked, his mom had to try to help him out, but no one knows who she is. At least people knew who Archie Manning was when he was in the commercials.

We will only be seeing way more of Eli and Peyton. I'm glad, and it makes me even more grateful knowing Eagles fans hate it.

There's a reason why they play football and don't act. Your hero Eli sucks. Peyton does too for that matter. And yes McNabb sucks at acting too.

Only difference between us is I'm not delisional enough to think that McNabb can act.

There's a reason why they play football and don't act. Your hero Eli sucks. Peyton does too for that matter. And yes McNabb sucks at acting too.

Only difference between us is I'm not delisional enough to think that McNabb can act.

Dude, no way, Eli is a great actor, McNabb too!

He deserves a full share and definetly earned a ring. What were they when he went down, 9-1? Didn't they start 7-0, 8-0? He was amazing and he would have made it easier that year than it was.

He deserves a full share and definetly earned a ring. What were they when he went down, 9-1? Didn't they start 7-0, 8-0? He was amazing and he would have made it easier that year than it was.

bro I could care less, give him 2 rings then, all I said was counting rings to decide the better player is stupid and I gave a bunch of examples of QB's I thought were better than Aikman (who had 3), some of the QB's had no rings, some 1, and I gave Simms as an example.

Haha, just in case you guys missed it, there is a new Oreos commercial in which the Williams sisters challenge the Manning bros. to a competition. Memorable quotes include Eli going "My brother Peyton and I would like you to know that, 'Oooooohh we're scaarreed!'" also Peyton saying, "My brother Eli and I would like you to know It's on like Donkey Kong!"

Actually Eli is a very very good actor. I heard Bobby DeNiro wanted to put him as a guest spot in one of his new movies.