Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonSoul

My brief view of the NFC East

The skins have a chance if Campbell steps up, he is still inexperienced qb, and going into a new offensive scheme doesnt help matters, but hearing its similar to his College days might help him learn it a bit quicker, the defense needs to step up as well to have a shot, there WRS can be very good to solid.

Cowboys are the golden team so they say. Barber has proven to be very good, but can he be the work horse if felix doesnt work out. There biggest problem at the moment is if TO goes down they have no wrs besides witten that can really be relied upon.

Eagles need McNabb and Westy to stay healthy, and there defense also needs to bounce back, and of course there wrs are on the clock.

Giants, can there defense continue to play at the level as last year, and will Eli be able to take the Giants to there 4th consecutive playoff appearance once the bulls eye is on there back. Dont see many ?'s marks here id be glad to hear your views on what the Giant problems/concerns might be.

So there are a lot of if's and possibilities and for someone to say any team will walk away with the division much less a SB before the season starts is an idiot

I'm not a Giants fan, but I think Tuck is better then him at this point. Obviously they aren't better off without him, but there won't be a huge dropoff from the starters. The thing they need is for Kiwi to step up.

I have a question for Giants fans. How do you feel about your defensive line going into this year with the loss of Strahan?

I would lie if i said he wouldnt be missed, he still played solid for us last year, as everyone knows he was great against the run and pass. The thing that helped us is that the Giants FO planned for him. Now we move Tuck into Strahans spot, Osi stays still, and Kiwi will be used as an LB/DE hybrid. We also have a young guy in Tollefson who has looked pretty good, he was given spot work, and made a few plays in the playoffs. I think or DTs are just fine between, Robbins (who had probowl numbers for 2 years), Coefield and Alford.

Bottom line i think we should be ok, if strahan stayed it could of only helped, obviously we lose an extra body to keep the defensive ends fresh, but again thats why we have Toll, and Kiwi.

What are your concerns about the giants repeating?

The NFC East is going to be an AMAZING battle to watch this year.

I need this season to start.

Should be another fun year.

The NFC East is going to be an AMAZING battle to watch this year.

I need this season to start.

Exactly. All 4 teams should be tough, top to bottom. :flex::flex:

And it should produce some outstanding, nail-biter, down to the last 30 seconds games. Those are the games that make this sport just so amazingly entertaining to watch.

Exactly. All 4 teams should be tough, top to bottom. :flex::flex:

And it should produce some outstanding, nail-biter, down to the last 30 seconds games. Those are the games that make this sport just so amazingly entertaining to watch.

Yea as long as its not my team. lol

Yea as long as its not my team. lol

Good luck with that Giants fan. Eagles-Giants games regularly wind up being decided late and often on bizarre plays.

Honestly, over the past few seasons I've liked watching all of the NFC East divisional games.....

The teams have gotten better, every team has a chance to win the division, and everybody plays each other tough.....

Quickly on each team in the division:

Cowboys: Can they put together a complete 16 game season plus the postseason? The last few seasons they've been off to good starts but in late Novemeber/December it started falling apart....Can they finally end their playoff sorrow? We'll see...

Giants: Defending Super Bowl Champions, this is a different team...I personally don't believe they're a better team offensively without Shockey....How will it be for Osi without Strahan on the other side? Something else that remains to be seen....Can lightning strike twice? Was their Super Bowl run who they really are? Or was it a team coming together and taking care of business at the right time?

Redskins: Another new offense for the Redskins & another new head coach....The Redskins are once again in transition so only time will tell how good they will really be...

Eagles: They went out & got the premiere free agent on the market in Asante Samuel....They addressed their special teams by drafting DeSean Jackson & they're using Booker as the KR....So already that's an upgrade over Reno Mahe....Chris Clemons should add to a team built around rushing the passer...But can the Eagles generate a consistent pass rush? Have the Eagles done enough to fix their red zone inefficiencies of a year ago? Have the Eagles done enough to get back into the competition for the NFC? The key to the Eagles success will be the health of 1 Donovan McNabb....If McNabb's healthy the Eagles should be right in the thick of things....

All these questions will be answered once the games actually mean something.....

cowboys-have a chance to really shine but with wade as their coach I don't see that happening

Redskins-Playing well in preseason pretty much means you will have a losing record

Eagles-This season comes down to how well mcnabb plays nad honestly I think he'll get injured again plus the defense needs to step up.

Giants-I'm trying not to be biased but the giants have the best depth of any team in the division plus they still have spags and with him it doesn't matter who rushes the passer. Eli should continue to shine as long as his wrs stay healthy

cowboys-have a chance to really shine but with wade as their coach I don't see that happening

Redskins-Playing well in preseason pretty much means you will have a losing record

Eagles-This season comes down to how well mcnabb plays nad honestly I think he'll get injured again plus the defense needs to step up.

Giants-I'm trying not to be biased but the giants have the best depth of any team in the division plus they still have spags and with him it doesn't matter who rushes the passer. Eli should continue to shine as long as his wrs stay healthy

1. Winning games in the pre-season automatically translates to a losing season? :blink:

2. Eli is a big question mark for the Giants this season. He will need more then solid WR play to prevent going back to his old ways. Which Eli will we see? Regular season Eli or playoff Eli?

1. Winning games in the pre-season automatically translates to a losing season? :blink:

2. Eli is a big question mark for the Giants this season. He will need more then solid WR play to prevent going back to his old ways. Which Eli will we see? Regular season Eli or playoff Eli?

makes no sense because he played like crap all season and proved he can still win a title...

makes no sense because he played like crap all season and proved he can still win a title...

yeah, but that is the exception to the rule. most QB's who play as bad as he did last year don't reach the playoffs, let alone win a title, and if he had not improved his play in the playoffs you would not have won. I'm not saying he will or he wont, really i.'m betting he will, but for you guys to win another title or get there, Eli has to play to the level he did in the playoffs or close to it.

I don't know why people sleep on Campbell. That frickin guy shredded our D last season. Of all the other QBs in the division, he's the one who worries me the most.

Eli is a very good QB---when he wants to be. I agree with the other poster that he is too inconsistent to be called elite at this point. The Giants D is elite, their offense is not.

Cowboys suck, but they have weapons. Romo is a lot like Eli in that he makes boneheaded plays when you least expect. TO is great but older. Witten is solid and so is Barber, but I think this team is still overrated.

Redskins-Playing well in preseason pretty much means you will have a losing record :huh:

:huh: Pretty much says it all there..

Since Dallas played well in there preseason...They will have a lossing record...Come up something better than that

teams with a winning record in the preseason tend to have a losing regular season record

some of you amaze me with this old Eli crap

what did old Eli do? take his team to the playoffs every year he was the starter

the Old Eli is the only super bowl winning QB in the NFC east

the old Eli has never had a losing record as a starting QB for the NY giants

so you geniuses can take your flashy stats and pro bowl nods and hype

i'll take the "old Eli" over any QB in the NFC east

I still want to throw up at the thought of Eli possessing a SB ring. I still can't believe he got one before McNabb.

teams with a winning record in the preseason tend to have a losing regular season record

Ok i will give you that there may be a trend like that, but it is in no way a rule. The Skins are trying to play hard right now to learn the new offense because if we dont have a fast start this year we are dead. We have all 3 division opponents on the road in the first 5 weeks so its imperative that we win now and keep winning.

i think all 4 team have a chance to be good, but i still see it as the boys #1, gints 2, eagles 3 and skins bringing up the rear

I have a question for Giants fans. How do you feel about your defensive line going into this year with the loss of Strahan?

You don't get better losing a guy like Strahan, but the line should still be good, how good? I guess I'm cautiously optimistic with Tuck getting more playing time and having Kiwanuka back.

I still want to throw up at the thought of Eli possessing a SB ring. I still can't believe he got one before McNabb.

what's this "before" crap?...McNaab's retiring with a lone NFC Championship ring...

:-)

some of you amaze me with this old Eli crap- And some of you Giants fans amaze us with the Eli is "GOD" crap

what did old Eli do? take his team to the playoffs every year he was the starter. True, it's not like he had a HOF running back, HOF DE, a very good TE and a very good WR core. Eli was the sole reason

the Old Eli is the only super bowl winning QB in the NFC east. And that means???????? Hey, by your logic you can say you have a QB that was better than Marino

the old Eli has never had a losing record as a starting QB for the NY giants. True

so you geniuses can take your flashy stats and pro bowl nods and hype

i'll take the "old Eli" over any QB in the NFC east. Do it, we'll see where it gets you this year