Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonSoul

My brief view of the NFC East

1. Winning games in the pre-season automatically translates to a losing season? :blink:

2. Eli is a big question mark for the Giants this season. He will need more then solid WR play to prevent going back to his old ways. Which Eli will we see? Regular season Eli or playoff Eli?

Eli is a questionmark???

How so? I'd take reg. season Eli over any of the NFCE QBs. He's never missed the playoffs as a full time starter and he's top notch in the playoffs.

next~

Eli is a questionmark???

How so? I'd take reg. season Eli over any of the NFCE QBs. He's never missed the playoffs as a full time starter and he's top notch in the playoffs.

next~

Eli throws a lot of interceptions and then i think a lot of times he thinks about it too much and feels sorry for himself.

Eli throws a lot of interceptions and then i think a lot of times he thinks about it too much and feels sorry for himself.

Packerbacker04, is this you?

:lol:

Good luck with that Giants fan. Eagles-Giants games regularly wind up being decided late and often on bizarre plays.

Yes that is true, plus most of Giants vs any other team lol. :lol:

Eli is a questionmark???

next~

Before this year, he was average and 0-2 as a starter in the playoffs. Even to this day people still don't believe in him. McNabb is a better QB no matter how you slice it

I'm not a Giants fan, but I think Tuck is better then him at this point. Obviously they aren't better off without him, but there won't be a huge dropoff from the starters. The thing they need is for Kiwi to step up.

I agree with this. Strahan was a great asset to the team not only on the field, but in the locker room and on the sideline. He was the heart of the team. I think the hugest loss will be the way he brought the defense together, you could see that they just enjoyed being out there playing.

Holy Crap, this does sound like Packerbacker.

Eli feels sorry for himself?

MVP kiddo.

World Championship.

But yea, because he doesn't strike fear into the hearts of adolescents with his "stare," he's clearly not a winner.

Before this year, he was average and 0-2 as a starter in the playoffs. Even to this day people still don't believe in him. McNabb is a better QB no matter how you slice it

Good stuff.

Before this year...

IFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIF

Yes that is true, plus most of Giants vs any other team lol. :lol:

Yeah we never seem to win in traditional fashion.

It's always the 2 minute drill, or some odd play. Eli burning Taylor with his speedy legs in London last year was hilarious, he just kept running.

Best division hands down.

Easily. People think that the AFC is so much better than the NFC, but I really don't agree with this at all.

In the NFC-E you never dominate your division, you could get 3 losses that make it look like your team is worse than they really are, but still be a great football club. 3 of our losses came from tough division games last year, the others were the early loss to the Packers, the blowout by the Vikes and the close one to the Pats. We really only got whooped on by the Vikes and Packers and we shouldn't have been.

I still want to throw up at the thought of Eli possessing a SB ring. I still can't believe he got one before McNabb.

This.

That being said, the NFC East battles this season are gonna be incredible. :flex:

Ok i will give you that there may be a trend like that, but it is in no way a rule. The Skins are trying to play hard right now to learn the new offense because if we dont have a fast start this year we are dead. We have all 3 division opponents on the road in the first 5 weeks so its imperative that we win now and keep winning.

didnt they do that under spurrier? Win all games by huge numbers & than flop big time?

didnt they do that under spurrier? Win all games by huge numbers & than flop big time?

I couldn't tell you, i blacked those years out of my memory. We only beat Buffalo by 3 and its not like we are playing our starters for more then a series or two.

for the cowboys!! The eagles aint gonna do ****!!

Wow, a lions fan trash talking the Eagles? Really?

A few thoughts...

Jettisoning Gibbs in favor of ANYBODY is for sure a benefit for the Skins once they hit the red zone. Campbell has had some seriously good flashes, but if he can keep it consistent he's going to be a headache for the rest of the East. Jason Taylor, upgrade. This team is my wildcard of the NFC East. They could be great, or they could be just a damn thorn in everyone's side.

Giants. Going to be starting a rookie safety after losing one of the great defensive ends in football. Gerbil Wilson was pretty good, but how much did that pass rush help his play? Now you've lost the one component of the vaunted Four Aces package that their fans raved about last year. How do the changes on the defensive line and linebacking squad affect the play of the rookie safety? Do opposing QB's get an extra half second now with Osi and Tuck getting double teamed and chip blocked rather than Osi and Strahan getting that same attention with Tuck and Kiwanuka coming in from their spots? Inquiring minds want to know.

You take a career 70's QB rating quarterback and get a five game 100+ rating performance with 10 TD's and 3 Interceptions.

You take another career 70's QB rating quarterback and get a five game 100+ rating performance with 10 TD's and 2 Interceptions.

Now which set of stats belongs to Eli, and which set belongs to Rex Grossman? Did Eli turn the corner, or just pull his head out for the right 5 game stretch? Shockey, addition by subtration seems to be the big buzz. Of all people, Roy Williams should have rented a moving van for Jeremy to leave the East. Boss looked solid with Shockey out, but realistically he just isn't the same class of athlete. Fans chirp that the distractions that Shockey provided is the equalizer for the drop off in ability with Boss, but is it really?

Eagles. How goes Donovan is how goes the team. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, but that really doesn't mean squat in a new season. I really don't put a lot of stock in trends like that unless its the same injury over and over or the playing style is overly reckless. They still have one of the most dynamic RB's in Westbrook. The man must be accounted for in every offensive play. Miss him and you're watching the bottom of his shoes, or in the case of of my beloved Cowboys last season you're seeing him make one of the smartest football plays and slide down at the one. Asante Samuel, product of the Cheatriots* system or damn good CB? With the Cheatriots* signing FA CB's this time of the year, looks like they might really miss old Asante. If Lito finds his happy place, the Eagles secondary is naaaaaaaaaaaaasty.

Cowboys. Addition by subtraction here too. Jacques Reeves who allowed 63 of the 71 yards in the Giants 47 second end of the first half drive in the playoff game is now getting ridiculously overpaid by the Texans. In his place is either first round pick Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick or Adam Jones. On a nickel package Dallas pulls Roy Williams, adds Anthony Henry as safety and puts in Mike, Orlando and Adam Jones. That's a pretty decent coverage unit that doesn't sacrifice the ability to play the run.

The detractors love to yell from the roof tops that the Cowboys are one loss away from complete combustion with the players on their roster. The lack of depth behind TO is a concern that was supposedly going to be addressed in the offseason, but the #2 receiver that Jerry wanted never materialized. Was Terry Glenn waived because of his injury as shown on Hard Knocks, or did the coaching staff see something in the developing receivers that allowed Jerry to axe him? Felix Jones is going to add a dimension to the offense that departed Julius Jones lacked the past two seasons.

All that said, I'm taking the Cowboys as the favorite in the East, but any one of the remaining three could make a serious run in the playoffs. Our schedule with the AFC North and NFC West could bolster our records across the East, so I could expect to again see a third year of 3 NFC East teams in the playoffs.

A few thoughts...

Jettisoning Gibbs in favor of ANYBODY is for sure a benefit for the Skins once they hit the red zone. Campbell has had some seriously good flashes, but if he can keep it consistent he's going to be a headache for the rest of the East. Jason Taylor, upgrade. This team is my wildcard of the NFC East. They could be great, or they could be just a damn thorn in everyone's side.

Giants. Going to be starting a rookie safety after losing one of the great defensive ends in football. Gerbil Wilson was pretty good, but how much did that pass rush help his play? Now you've lost the one component of the vaunted Four Aces package that their fans raved about last year. How do the changes on the defensive line and linebacking squad affect the play of the rookie safety? Do opposing QB's get an extra half second now with Osi and Tuck getting double teamed and chip blocked rather than Osi and Strahan getting that same attention with Tuck and Kiwanuka coming in from their spots? Inquiring minds want to know.

You take a career 70's QB rating quarterback and get a five game 100+ rating performance with 10 TD's and 3 Interceptions.

You take another career 70's QB rating quarterback and get a five game 100+ rating performance with 10 TD's and 2 Interceptions.

Now which set of stats belongs to Eli, and which set belongs to Rex Grossman? Did Eli turn the corner, or just pull his head out for the right 5 game stretch? Shockey, addition by subtration seems to be the big buzz. Of all people, Roy Williams should have rented a moving van for Jeremy to leave the East. Boss looked solid with Shockey out, but realistically he just isn't the same class of athlete. Fans chirp that the distractions that Shockey provided is the equalizer for the drop off in ability with Boss, but is it really?

Eagles. How goes Donovan is how goes the team. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, but that really doesn't mean squat in a new season. I really don't put a lot of stock in trends like that unless its the same injury over and over or the playing style is overly reckless. They still have one of the most dynamic RB's in Westbrook. The man must be accounted for in every offensive play. Miss him and you're watching the bottom of his shoes, or in the case of of my beloved Cowboys last season you're seeing him make one of the smartest football plays and slide down at the one. Asante Samuel, product of the Cheatriots* system or damn good CB? With the Cheatriots* signing FA CB's this time of the year, looks like they might really miss old Asante. If Lito finds his happy place, the Eagles secondary is naaaaaaaaaaaaasty.

Cowboys. Addition by subtraction here too. Jacques Reeves who allowed 63 of the 71 yards in the Giants 47 second end of the first half drive in the playoff game is now getting ridiculously overpaid by the Texans. In his place is either first round pick Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick or Adam Jones. On a nickel package Dallas pulls Roy Williams, adds Anthony Henry as safety and puts in Mike, Orlando and Adam Jones. That's a pretty decent coverage unit that doesn't sacrifice the ability to play the run.

The detractors love to yell from the roof tops that the Cowboys are one loss away from complete combustion with the players on their roster. The lack of depth behind TO is a concern that was supposedly going to be addressed in the offseason, but the #2 receiver that Jerry wanted never materialized. Was Terry Glenn waived because of his injury as shown on Hard Knocks, or did the coaching staff see something in the developing receivers that allowed Jerry to axe him? Felix Jones is going to add a dimension to the offense that departed Julius Jones lacked the past two seasons.

All that said, I'm taking the Cowboys as the favorite in the East, but any one of the remaining three could make a serious run in the playoffs. Our schedule with the AFC North and NFC West could bolster our records across the East, so I could expect to again see a third year of 3 NFC East teams in the playoffs.

What is missing from your analysis is that both the Giants and Eagles have proven superior head coach's (god I hate having to give Reid credit). While you think it is great that the Skins "jettison" Gibbs, I'll hold my opinion, since my opinion of Gibbs has not changed, he is a great hof coach. That being said, the Skins, a playoff team last year, go into a season with a rookie coach so we don't know what to expect. What we do know, is that the Cowboys have a coach that has never won a thing! He is the worst big game coach this side of Marty Shottenheimer (sp). Wade Phillips may even be a step below that bafoon Campo, who in my opinion was the worst coach in the history of the NFL, sorry Kotite and Ray Handley, but its true. I hope Campo doesn't destroy your db's as a coach this year. Man, what a dope. But Wade Phillips will fail this team. Reid and Coughlin are much better coaches so that gives us an edge there.

so I could expect to again see a third year of 3 NFC East teams in the playoffs.

I absolutely swear to Christ, if another NFC East teams wins a ring that isn't named Philadelphia Eagles, I'm going to punch some serious holes in the wall.

I absolutely swear to Christ, if another NFC East teams wins a ring that isn't named Philadelphia Eagles, I'm going to punch some serious holes in the wall.

I read in the bible that one of the signs of the apocalipsis is the eagles winning the superbowl. The eagles had a 5 year stint where they ruled the NFC and it is over now, just pray that you guys don't return to the "old eagles" where your team was compared to the cardinals when they were apart of the division. What's going to happen when Reid decides his kids are more important than the team or mcNabb finally comes out of the closet and leaves the NFL? Yup eagle fans better live it up now because the tides are turning

Well the NFC East have won more super bowls than any other division in the NFL even though the Eagles have none, so I'd pick a thin wall to punch, the odds are against you big time :P