Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonSoul

My brief view of the NFC East

The Eagles- I think too many of us have forgotten what Donovan McNabb is capable of when he's healthy. If he can stay healthy I believe he is the best QB in the division and obviously Brian Westbrook is the best RB in the division. McNabb and Smith are healthy so that's already a boost for the offense, and I think that Lorenzo Booker is a nice addition too. The Eagles offense should be better than it was last year. The Eagles defense looked shaky in the first pre season game, but I'm not overly concerned about that. They're a young group and should only get better with time. They were playing their first game with the head sets and it was the first live game Bradley called the plays. I might be a little bit nervous if Carolina marches up the field on us running the ball like Pittsburgh on Thursday though

The Giants- The defending champs have lost some parts, but Kenny Phillips is looking good and they still are the defending champs. They get back Kiwanuka who should be a welcome addition to the defense and having another pass rusher never hurt anyone. I think they're still a good ball club and deserve more respect than what they've gotten

The Cowboys- The most talented team in the division, but they do have weaknesses. Their coaching is a question mark and their QB and their whole team really does not play well pretty much as soon as December rolls along. Also, as long as Roy Williams is Strong Safety they're going to get burnt from time to time.

The Redskins- The Redskins are a very young team. They've looked good thus far, but will that success in the offseason and pre season translate into the regular season and playoffs? I think they've picked a good successor to Joe Gibbs so we'll just have to wait and see.

the deph of having 3 pro bowl quality lineman

Tuck? Possibly. Osi? Yeah. Who is the 3rd pro bowl DLineman?

saltwater...I agree with most of what you said. Manning is the least of my worries and the fact that tere are those that still suggest that "he has to prove something" to me, is mindboggling. Oh well, haters abound.

I agree that on paper and based on last season's regular season, that the Cowboys are the favorites, but the "others" are not merely vying for a playoff spot, but for the Division win. The Cowboys are a fraction of a % better to win the East than the Giants and the Eagles and Skins both have very good squads.

Good times~

just what we need, ANOTHER bandwagon cowboys fan ^^^

As long as the media glorifies them there are going to be more and more every year. And I don't see that stopping anytime soon. The Fing media is obsessed with Dallas. All the have to do is go 9-7 and they instantly become the toast of the town, and by town I mean the entire National media. They have hard knocks again, they are all over Espn, they get 12 or 13 pro bowl players. It's retarded. They are so overated.

Tuck? Possibly. Osi? Yeah. Who is the 3rd pro bowl DLineman?

Read the entire host. I was quoting someone saying something like "what did the Giants lose when they lost Strahan" They lost having 3 pro bowl quality lineman. That being said, they still have 2 which is more then any other team in the division has.

As long as the media glorifies them there are going to be more and more every year. And I don't see that stopping anytime soon. The Fing media is obsessed with Dallas. All the have to do is go 9-7 and they instantly become the toast of the town, and by town I mean the entire National media. They have hard knocks again, they are all over Espn, they get 12 or 13 pro bowl players. It's retarded. They are so overated.

ugh yeah, they were 9-7 last year.....

What is missing from your analysis is that both the Giants and Eagles have proven superior head coach's (god I hate having to give Reid credit). While you think it is great that the Skins "jettison" Gibbs, I'll hold my opinion, since my opinion of Gibbs has not changed, he is a great hof coach. That being said, the Skins, a playoff team last year, go into a season with a rookie coach so we don't know what to expect. What we do know, is that the Cowboys have a coach that has never won a thing! He is the worst big game coach this side of Marty Shottenheimer (sp). Wade Phillips may even be a step below that bafoon Campo, who in my opinion was the worst coach in the history of the NFL, sorry Kotite and Ray Handley, but its true. I hope Campo doesn't destroy your db's as a coach this year. Man, what a dope. But Wade Phillips will fail this team. Reid and Coughlin are much better coaches so that gives us an edge there.

Campo was Dallas DB's coach when they were going to SB's, and when he was their D coordinator in the late 90's, they always had one of the better defenses in the NFL (even though their record wasn't good). Now is he HC material, no, but he also took over a team that was devoid of talent and so far over the cap they could not afford to keep anyone, that was the main reason they lost, go look at that team, out of 22 starters I can think of 3 that are still in the NFL. So if you think Campo is so bad that he is going to "destroy" their DB's, you are delusional.

ugh yeah, they were 9-7 last year.....

No but they were the year before when the media originally jumped on their jocks. Romo went to the pro bowl that year too despite only playing 4 or 5 games when the voting was finalized. It was ridiculous.

Campo was Dallas DB's coach when they were going to SB's, and when he was their D coordinator in the late 90's, they always had one of the better defenses in the NFL (even though their record wasn't good). Now is he HC material, no, but he also took over a team that was devoid of talent and so far over the cap they could not afford to keep anyone, that was the main reason they lost, go look at that team, out of 22 starters I can think of 3 that are still in the NFL. So if you think Campo is so bad that he is going to "destroy" their DB's, you are delusional.

I love how Cowboy fans hate Parcells but love Campo. It's gotta be that flavored water down in Texas.

Campo is a putz and it was proved out during his term at the helm, and so is Wade Phillips who I noticed that you didn't even mention.

No but they were the year before when the media originally jumped on their jocks. Romo went to the pro bowl that year too despite only playing 4 or 5 games when the voting was finalized. It was ridiculous.

nobody jumped on their jocks aftert a 9-7 season, i think most people had Philly winning the NFCE this past year. Alot of people were questioning rather Romo would be effective after the Seattle thing and people getting film on him, and of course people thought TO could blow up at any time. As far as the pro bowl.......who else should have went at the time they finalized. it was the same at Trotter going for the Eagles in 2004 when he started all of 8 games. Dallas does get overhyped, just not to the degree you think.

as far as Campo, I don't love the guy, I just don't think he is such as bad secondary coach that it would destroy the team as you seem to think he is, there are plenty of coaches in the NFL that are very good cordinators/position coaches, but not good head coaches. (Wade might be one of them) Ray Rhoades comes to mind, D Lebeau and so on. Campo has proven over the past to be a good DB's coach and D coordinator, he was asked to stay on in Jacksonville, if he was so bad would they have wanted him to stay? you are just talking out of your arse about things you do not know. It has nothing to do with Parcells, Parcells is 100x the coach Campo is or ever was.

Campo is a putz and it was proved out during his term at the helm, and so is Wade Phillips who I noticed that you didn't even mention.

why would i mention Phillips? I was replying to the part about Campo. Campo has always been fine as a DC and DB's coach, he just isn't HC material

I love how Cowboy fans hate Parcells but love Campo. It's gotta be that flavored water down in Texas.

Campo is a goof and is the only coach in Cowboy history not to go to the playoffs.

Campo is a goof and is the only coach in Cowboy history not to go to the playoffs.

yeah, but he is a good secondary coach/d coordinator, at worst average. certainly not bad enough to make the Dallas DB's suck as foos has said.

I have a question for Giants fans. How do you feel about your defensive line going into this year with the loss of Strahan?

I have a question for Giants fan. Does your team have a board? They won the SB, but these maggots are over here everyday for hours. I know our board is the best, but at least give your team's board a few hits every now and then.

I have a question for Giants fan. Does your team have a board? They won the SB, but these maggots are over here everyday for hours. I know our board is the best, but at least give your team's board a few hits every now and then.

Yes and it sucks. I try to post there everyday but god. You should go there and just glance it over. It's freaking awful.

Actually everyone had Dallas winning the division last year. Just about everyone in the media that I read did. And in regards to Campo I wasn't talking about you as much as I was talking about the great number of Cowboy fans who hate Parcells and refer to him as 34-32 or whatever his record was. The fact is most Cowboy fans talk about Parcells like he was the guy who took them to 15 wins in 3 seasons.

He had his ups and downs in Dallas, he definitely rebuilt the team and restored dignity in an otherwise faltering franchise at the time. But, not breaking the playoff duck, probably a black spot in Bill's career(bobbled snap or not). Plus he did seem to lose his edge as a coach with many questionable decisions that both the fans and the media in Dallas were questioning.

But Cowboy fans who don't appreciate the work he did over there shouldn't be allowed to watch their team this year because Parcells put that thing together, mostly. Though Jerry Jones made some smart moves himself.

nobody jumped on their jocks aftert a 9-7 season, i think most people had Philly winning the NFCE this past year. Alot of people were questioning rather Romo would be effective after the Seattle thing and people getting film on him, and of course people thought TO could blow up at any time. As far as the pro bowl.......who else should have went at the time they finalized. it was the same at Trotter going for the Eagles in 2004 when he started all of 8 games. Dallas does get overhyped, just not to the degree you think.

as far as Campo, I don't love the guy, I just don't think he is such as bad secondary coach that it would destroy the team as you seem to think he is, there are plenty of coaches in the NFL that are very good cordinators/position coaches, but not good head coaches. (Wade might be one of them) Ray Rhoades comes to mind, D Lebeau and so on. Campo has proven over the past to be a good DB's coach and D coordinator, he was asked to stay on in Jacksonville, if he was so bad would they have wanted him to stay? you are just talking out of your arse about things you do not know. It has nothing to do with Parcells, Parcells is 100x the coach Campo is or ever was.

Actually everyone had Dallas winning the division last year. Just about everyone in the media that I read did. And in regards to Campo I wasn't talking about you as much as I was talking about the great number of Cowboy fans who hate Parcells and refer to him as 34-32 or whatever his record was. The fact is most Cowboy fans talk about Parcells like he was the guy who took them to 15 wins in 3 seasons.

Good stuff.

Before this year...

IFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIF

You mean DURING this past season. The Giants were struggling down the stretch and pretty much backed their way into the playoffs. He was playing like **** down the stretch until the NE game where starters played even though they had just clinched. It turned out to be a good coaching decision as Eli and the team played well and it appeared that they really used that effort to motivate them through the playoffs. Now perhaps the lightbulb has gone off and Eli has now reached elite status. Who knows.

Yes and it sucks. I try to post there everyday but god. You should go there and just glance it over. It's freaking awful.

You're right. I see why Giants fans are here.

Eagles will go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. McNabb will be the MVP because right before the trade deadline the Eagles will trade Lito and a 1st round pick to Arizona for Boldin.

vince-lombardi-trophy.jpg

He had his ups and downs in Dallas, he definitely rebuilt the team and restored dignity in an otherwise faltering franchise at the time. But, not breaking the playoff duck, probably a black spot in Bill's career(bobbled snap or not). Plus he did seem to lose his edge as a coach with many questionable decisions that both the fans and the media in Dallas were questioning.

But Cowboy fans who don't appreciate the work he did over there shouldn't be allowed to watch their team this year because Parcells put that thing together, mostly. Though Jerry Jones made some smart moves himself.

very well said!

very well said!

The only questionable thing about Parcells' coaching was play calling, but other than that he was one of the games best.

really? I knew some people did, but I thought many had Philly as well. maybe that's because I live here in philly and have to put up with the rhetoric, either way I never heard all of this "Dallas is so talented " stuff up until this year.

As far as Campo, I never hated the guy like your normally would a failed HC because he was very good as a DC and DB's coach here for years, and he was in a bad position, no talent and JJ was at the full height of his meddling, such as pulling Quincy Carter and inserting Hutchinson, which took Dallas from a mediocre team, to downright sucky one, he was just in a no win situation. I just think as a DB's coach he will be fine.