Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonSoul

My brief view of the NFC East

really? I knew some people did, but I thought many had Philly as well. maybe that's because I live here in philly and have to put up with the rhetoric, either way I never heard all of this "Dallas is so talented " stuff up until this year.

As far as Campo, I never hated the guy like your normally would a failed HC because he was very good as a DC and DB's coach here for years, and he was in a bad position, no talent and JJ was at the full height of his meddling, such as pulling Quincy Carter and inserting Hutchinson, which took Dallas from a mediocre team, to downright sucky one, he was just in a no win situation. I just think as a DB's coach he will be fine.

I've been hearing it since '06. People have always been high on the defense and the media has been all over ever since they got TO. I think almost every fan feels their team is disrespected though.

I've been hearing it since '06. People have always been high on the defense and the media has been all over ever since they got TO. I think almost every fan feels their team is disrespected though.

Correct, Felix Jones was the first non-defensive first round pick they've had since sometime in the 90's I believe, so to me that defense has underachieved to this point. They should be proud of what they've been able to put together on offense though...An undrafted QB, a 4th round starting RB, a 3rd round all-pro TE, reigniting two first round busts in Davis and Columbo, Gurode turned out pretty well, and they turned TO into a good team mate :o

Tell ya, for all the flack Jerry Jones received over the years, he's done pretty well recently.

Yes and it sucks. I try to post there everyday but god. You should go there and just glance it over. It's freaking awful.

Wow, I haven't checked that place out in literally years. The format of that board makes my eyes bleed (and my P soft).

Actually everyone had Dallas winning the division last year. Just about everyone in the media that I read did. And in regards to Campo I wasn't talking about you as much as I was talking about the great number of Cowboy fans who hate Parcells and refer to him as 34-32 or whatever his record was. The fact is most Cowboy fans talk about Parcells like he was the guy who took them to 15 wins in 3 seasons.

ok, I looked it up.

ESPN's panel consisted of 16 people (pretty much all their on air talent), 9 of 16 picked Philly, 7 for Dallas ESPN predictions

Sports Illustrated (Peter King and Dr Z) picked Philly SI picks Philly

that's all I could find, but hardly a landslide in Dallas' favor

ok, I looked it up.

ESPN's panel consisted of 16 people (pretty much all their on air talent), 9 of 16 picked Philly, 7 for Dallas ESPN predictions

Sports Illustrated (Peter King and Dr Z) picked Philly SI picks Philly

that's all I could find, but hardly a landslide in Dallas' favor

You gotta remember the tv programs, sports radio, the magazines that come out each year. 7 out of 16 picks on Espn is almost half of the panel picking them. Thats a lot. People were really high on Dallas. Just like they are this year.

I'm listening to Phil Simms talk to Franchessa right now, and they are talking about how nobodys is bothering the Giants which may help them this season. Especially since Favre went to the Jets. I mean between Dallas, Favre and McNabb running his mouth off to ESPN the Giants are running completely under the radar right now.

You gotta remember the tv programs, sports radio, the magazines that come out each year. 7 out of 16 picks on Espn is almost half of the panel picking them. Thats a lot. People were really high on Dallas. Just like they are this year.

I'm listening to Phil Simms talk to Franchessa right now, and they are talking about how nobodys is bothering the Giants which may help them this season. Especially since Favre went to the Jets. I mean between Dallas, Favre and McNabb running his mouth off to ESPN the Giants are running completely under the radar right now.

The Giants? How about the Redskins? We are the forgotten team in the East right now. We are flying under the radar, the defending super bowl champs can't be flying under the radar...

The Giants? How about the Redskins? We are the forgotten team in the East right now. We are flying under the radar, the defending super bowl champs can't be flying under the radar...

They are in NY....and I'm 100% serious...

The best thing for you to do is not post again. Only a idiot would think a team that just won a SB is under the radar. McNabb running his mouth? You're worse than ESPN

The best thing for you to do is not post again. Only a idiot would think a team that just won a SB is under the radar. McNabb running his mouth? You're worse than ESPN

Not that I care one way or the other, but Phil Simms was on the air in NY the other day and he even said it is embarrassing how under the radar the Giants are this summer...so it is true....

Not that I care one way or the other, but Phil Simms was on the air in NY the other day and he even said it is embarrassing how under the radar the Giants are this summer...so it is true....

I think most would agree NY is not a scary dominant team. Congrats on the Superbowl but there is no doubt they got hot at the right time and had some luck on their side. Its just and opinion but Its very realistic that the Giants could finish last in the East.

The skins have a chance if Campbell steps up, he is still inexperienced qb, and going into a new offensive scheme doesnt help matters, but hearing its similar to his College days might help him learn it a bit quicker, the defense needs to step up as well to have a shot, there WRS can be very good to solid.

Cowboys are the golden team so they say. Barber has proven to be very good, but can he be the work horse if felix doesnt work out. There biggest problem at the moment is if TO goes down they have no wrs besides witten that can really be relied upon.

Eagles need McNabb and Westy to stay healthy, and there defense also needs to bounce back, and of course there wrs are on the clock.

Giants, can there defense continue to play at the level as last year, and will Eli be able to take the Giants to there 4th consecutive playoff appearance once the bulls eye is on there back. Dont see many ?'s marks here id be glad to hear your views on what the Giant problems/concerns might be.

So there are a lot of if's and possibilities and for someone to say any team will walk away with the division much less a SB before the season starts is an idiot

I disagree

I think most would agree NY is not a scary dominant team. Congrats on the Superbowl but there is no doubt they got hot at the right time and had some luck on their side. Its just and opinion but Its very realistic that the Giants could finish last in the East.

No that spot this year is reserved for the team in burgondy and gold

:-)

Was he talking about in relations to Dallas? I don't think NY was under the radar. I think the whole Brett thing really took a tole on the league in general and therefore the Giants were chillin as the rest of the NFL was.

Was he talking about in relations to Dallas? I don't think NY was under the radar. I think the whole Brett thing really took a tole on the league in general and therefore the Giants were chillin as the rest of the NFL was.

No, in general. But on the bright side (to probably give you a stiffy @ work now) both Simms and that fat F, Mike Francessa, are in love with the Eagles this upcoming season...

No, in general. But on the bright side (to probably give you a stiffy @ work now) both Simms and that fat F, Mike Francessa, are in love with the Eagles this upcoming season...

Somebody give me a napkin and a fresh pair of slacks please :lol:

Seriously though, it's hard to really predict our division. All 4 teams are good (even the Skins) and I'm willing to bet that all games in the division will be pretty serious

I've got a stiffy at work but not because they're in love with the Eagles, but rather at the thought of them two giving each other golden showers.

Somebody give me a napkin and a fresh pair of slacks please :lol:

you wear slacks while riding around on the back of sanitation trucks???

:lol:

(joking...although in NY sanitation workers actually make very good $$)

I've got a stiffy at work but not because they're in love with the Eagles, but rather at the thought of them two giving each other golden showers.

thinking of Mike Francessa without any clothing on is sickening...dude probably hasn't seen his D in the shower in ages...

yeah bro but you were saying they were an almost consensous pick to win last year and everyone was on their jock, I don't call having less than half the people pick you as the media being on thier jock. i mean more media people picked the Eagles last year, if they were on Dallas' jock then what would you call it in regards to the Eagles? now for this year coming up you would have a good arguement as most are picking Dallas.

people on here like to act like Dallas has been this talented team for years, always underachieved and therefore should not be worried about. Iin 2005 nobody picked them, in 2006 with Dallas adding TO it was pretty evenly split between NY and Dallas with Dallas getting a little edge, and last year most people picked the Eagles, Dallas really didn't get much hype going until getting off to a 5-0 start or so last year, then with adding Zach Thomas, Pacman, Tank stepping up and the addition of 2 first rounders this offseason people have really jumped on the cowboys nuts, but prior to this year Dallas was not a concensous pick during any preseason for quite a while.

don't worry, the Giants won't be flying under any radar, 1. they have as many big mouths on that team as anybody, they will run their mouth plenty as the season goes on, and 2. the SB champs always get everyones attention once all this preseason bs ends.

If the giants didn't win the superbowl last year everyone would think they're the weakest in the NFC east right now, there going on Superbowl hype which always leads to bad things. If Eli doesn't wake up, the skins will win the season opener. The Redskins keep on repeating that game where the giants came back to win and how they stopped them at the goal line. Believe that the skins can go to NY and take that game. Campbell plays a hell of a lot better than kitna.

If the giants didn't win the superbowl last year everyone would think they're the weakest in the NFC east right now, there going on Superbowl hype which always leads to bad things. If Eli doesn't wake up, the skins will win the season opener. The Redskins keep on repeating that game where the giants came back to win and how they stopped them at the goal line. Believe that the skins can go to NY and take that game. Campbell plays a hell of a lot better than kitna.

BS...they'd be defending NFC Champions at the very least. No way would they be looked upon as worse than Washington...they'd still be regarded the 2nd best team in the conference...

BS...they'd be defending NFC Champions at the very least. No way would they be looked upon as worse than Washington...they's still be regarded the 2nd best team in the conference...

Last year the skins lead 17-3 during halftime of the first game and then slapped the giants in the second and this was with Gibbs run run pass philosophy, and don't think ELI is this super elite Qb either, you rattle him a little he starts acting like old Eli so I haven't see anything that makes me think that the giants will not have problems again with the skins this year. The proof is in the tape, having all those pass rushers makes it very easy to run inbetween those tackles. Vegas has the game at -3.5. The Cowboys have a better team than the skins and the eagles may not have the same offense that they had, but that defense is solid in all areas so why can't I think the giants won't have problems this year. Kitna made your defense look like retards and Eli couldn't move the ball, forget about scoring, he had troubles making a first down with the same offense he's had all his career and against that scary Lion's defense which the skins put up 30+ last year.

Last year the skins lead 17-3 during halftime of the first game and then slapped the giants in the second and this was with Gibbs run run pass philosophy, and don't think ELI is this super elite Qb either, you rattle him a little he starts acting like old Eli so I haven't see anything that makes me think that the giants will not have problems again with the skins this year. The proof is in the tape, having all those pass rushers makes it very easy to run inbetween those tackles. Vegas has the game at -3.5. The Cowboys have a better team than the skins and the eagles may not have the same offense that they had, but that defense is solid in all areas so why can't I think the giants won't have problems this year. Kitna made your defense look like retards and Eli couldn't move the ball, forget about scoring, he had troubles making a first down with the same offense he's had all his career and against that scary Lion's defense which the skins put up 30+ last year.

Redskins have NO CHANCE in the opener....

In fact, I'm putting the Giants down for a season sweep in '08....

Redskins have NO CHANCE in the opener....

In fact, I'm putting the Giants down for a season sweep in '08....

No Chance? Last time they were in NY Todd Collins beat the SB champs. How many games did the Giants win at home anyway last year? (but that was because your entire fanbase hated coughlin and Eli and made New Jersey too hard to play in.... right?) LOL thats all gone now though because the Eli/Tom bandwagon is now full. :lol:

I can't lie if the skins won the Superbowl last year, I would be a bit dellusional just like you Giant fans are this year. That said the Giants are hardly and elite team.