Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Chris Johnson of the Titans

They are calling him this year's sleeper pick..He's got great speed but will be sharing touches with Lendale White..I plan on getting him in the late rounds of my fantasy football draft

very weird you guys joined EMB almost the same time...

EDIT: Chris Johnson may be what Reggie Bush should have been. Chris Johnson is extremely fast and he runs between the tackles well. He may have over 500 yards rushing if he gets enough touches. And i dont even know how many recieving yards he could get

More than McFadden or Mendenhall?

McFadden im not too high on, i wouldn't have taken him #4 overall. Mendenhall i like but i think Willie Parker poses more of a threat to Mendenhall's carries then Lendale White does to Johnson's.

He was my favorite running back in this years draft and got drafted into a good situation, hes set up to excel.

More than McFadden or Mendenhall?

Or Stewart or Smith?

Stewart's toe had me a little concerned i would have taken him only in the mid to late 1st round. And if memory serves me correctly i think Stewart has missed a lot of camp because of that toe injury still. I had the running backs like this:

1. Chris Johnson

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Darren McFadden

4. Jonathon Stewart (fell because of the toe)

5. Felix Jones

But im not claiming to be an expert or anything :D

I think the Titans fall in love with combine stats. They drafted Chris Henry in the second round last year. Do you guys think that will impact Johnsons carries behind White. Opinions? I'm also considering drafting Johnson late in my fantasy draft Saturday.

EDIT: Chris Johnson may be what Reggie Bush should have been. Chris Johnson is extremely fast and he runs between the tackles well. He may have over 500 yards rushing if he gets enough touches. And i dont even know how many recieving yards he could get

That wasn't really my assessment of Johnson. I think he's very quick through the hole and can get from 0-100 in a heart beat. I wouldn't say he runs between the tackles well, just really fast. There is a difference. When someone clogs those holes he doesn't get the extra yards. I still like him, but just feel many have fallen in love with his speed forgetting that for a little guy he sometimes runs upright and isn't really a grinder type guy. I guess that is what White is for.

My guess is that he'll get around 5-10 and 3 rec a game. White will be the #1 and get most of the goaline carries and they will be a great thunder/lightning type duo, but I don't feel he's a complete back.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Taken so late in the first round, I can't consider someone with that much talent to be a reach. With crazy speed, and willingness to run on the inside, he could have some great moments this year.

Stay tuned.

That wasn't really my assessment of Johnson. I think he's very quick through the hole and can get from 0-100 in a heart beat. I wouldn't say he runs between the tackles well, just really fast. There is a difference. When someone clogs those holes he doesn't get the extra yards. I still like him, but just feel many have fallen in love with his speed forgetting that for a little guy he sometimes runs upright and isn't really a grinder type guy. I guess that is what White is for.

My guess is that he'll get around 5-10 and 3 rec a game. White will be the #1 and get most of the goaline carries and they will be a great thunder/lightning type duo, but I don't feel he's a complete back.

I don't think he has to be, and I certainly don't think the team intended him to be 'complete'. Nowadays, a good deal of teams are choosing to go for the 'running back by committee' approach, and I'm sure Tennessee will be no exception. White will bring the thunder, and Johnson the lightning. I do anticipate Johnson getting closer to 10, if not more, carries -- he has the potential to be quite useful out there.

Speaking of Tennessee, anyone watching the game right now? I love watching Haynesworth play.

Yeah... Young is garbage and Johnson has yet to touch the ball yet. Confused by that. White is running good but they're passing too much. Guess they're trying to get young some work passing the ball.

Stewart's toe had me a little concerned i would have taken him only in the mid to late 1st round. And if memory serves me correctly i think Stewart has missed a lot of camp because of that toe injury still. I had the running backs like this:

1. Chris Johnson

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Darren McFadden

4. Jonathon Stewart (fell because of the toe)

5. Felix Jones

But im not claiming to be an expert or anything :D

what about Forte and Smith. Both are the favorites to start on there respected teams.

He's definetly showing he's got the stuff right now to be the real deal in the NFL. I'm looking for him to virtually split carries with White this year in Tennessee. And I too have him on my fantasy team, actually got him off waivers last week after I say how damn fast this guy was. So my fantasy running back core is solid (Lynch, McGahee, Edge, K. Smith, C. Johnson). And it wouldn't surprise me to see him take over the majority of the carries by seasons end, and the Titans will use Lendale in more 3rd and short situations.

Doesnt appear they are using Johnson much or creatively at all in the Pre-Season. They are trying to get Young going with the pass attack but he's been terrrrribbbllle. They need to just stick with the whole run game Young scrambling and every now and then completing a short pass cause he just doesnt look like he has it together as a passer. Loading up on RBs may have been smart for the Titans considering he cant even get a pass to his WRs

Doesnt appear they are using Johnson much or creatively at all in the Pre-Season. They are trying to get Young going with the pass attack but he's been terrrrribbbllle. They need to just stick with the whole run game Young scrambling and every now and then completing a short pass cause he just doesnt look like he has it together as a passer. Loading up on RBs may have been smart for the Titans considering he cant even get a pass to his WRs

Young does suck, he's starting to look more and more like Michael Vick. One problem is maybe they lack a big play WR as well but even though I still don't think that would make him much better.