Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Chris Johnson of the Titans

Lendale is the guy, but Johnson could put up good numbers with minimal touches.

V. Young won't scare anybody as a passer.

I see the Titans offense going like this in 08;

Let Lendale pound the ish out of the defense for 3 quarters or so, then let Johnson blow past them at the end of games when the D is worn down.

Doesnt appear they are using Johnson much or creatively at all in the Pre-Season. They are trying to get Young going with the pass attack but he's been terrrrribbbllle. They need to just stick with the whole run game Young scrambling and every now and then completing a short pass cause he just doesnt look like he has it together as a passer. Loading up on RBs may have been smart for the Titans considering he cant even get a pass to his WRs

maybe the eagle need to stick to a running attack too since your QB looked like garbage in his second pre season game too

some of you put entirely too much stock on the pre season

in case you forgot vince young took this team to the playofs last year...

Understandable, but now what do they do with Chris Henry? Seems like a wasted pick.

RB's are only wasted picks when they're busts. clearly henry is not a bust and i'm sure he'll get some carries for the titans as well just not as many as white/johnson. it's a very good thing to have a core of solid rb's on your team then just one good one and the rest that are subpar.

maybe the eagle need to stick to a running attack too since your QB looked like garbage in his second pre season game too

some of you put entirely too much stock on the pre season

in case you forgot vince young took this team to the playofs last year...

Dude... young is garbage as a passer... he was garbage last year... garbage the year before. His best asset is his legs and he does that well. McNabb didnt play well either but he wasnt as bad as young even in bad weather. What was youngs excuse? And in case you forgot there are more players than just young that helped them get to the playoffs. And Chris Johnson will be one of those players to complement youngs running ability this year.

PS: Most Eagles fans wish they did stick to the Running Game and I am one of them. Just an FYI

I rolled my eyes whenthey took him in the first. I thougth about Henry from last year right away. However, this guy has shown some running skills. He is a guy I am keeping an eye on.

I rolled my eyes whenthey took him in the first. I thougth about Henry from last year right away. However, this guy has shown some running skills. He is a guy I am keeping an eye on.

Henry was the epitome of Work out Warrior. He did nothing at the college level to deserve such a high pick. Johnson however had some pretty good success running the rock especially last year. I thought Johnson wouldve gone in the high 2nd though.

He's fast, but he's not shy about hitting the hole. I think the guy could have a couple really good seasons, but he also looks pretty small so I'm going to have to question his durability.

Still not convinced. I need to see him carry the ball 20 times in a live game, because the concerns were not his speed, but his duraiility, size, and effectiveness up the middle, and preseason can't really answer that.

I see him splitting carries mid-season with White.

mid-season? he'll be splitting carries at the beginning of the season. The change of pace back.