Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westcoast_cj

What is Ocho smoking?

On Espn radio this morning Michelle Tofoya reported that Chad Johnson was talking with Kornheiser and Wilbon and he said that he could BEAT Phelps in a swimming race. He said he was a champion at some pool in Tampa and there are a few guys who could beat Phelps(including him) but they could never get a legit shot.

Whatever 85. Stick to catching passes and racing horses.

Didn't this happen like, almost a week ago?

Yeah it did. He is probably talking about having some sort of huge head start or something. Just the usual Chad Johnson

On Espn radio this morning Michelle Tofoya reported that Chad Johnson was talking with Kornheiser and Wilbon and he said that he could BEAT Phelps in a swimming race. He said he was a champion at some pool in Tampa and there are a few guys who could beat Phelps(including him) but they could never get a legit shot.

There Is no way in hell.

he is also trying to legally change his last name to ocho sinco.... for real.

Cmon guys, it's entertainment...Admit it, the guy is pretty funny.

From a strictly marketing standpoint, this guy may be the besti n the NFL at it, even if it does make him look insane...It's much funnier than watching Clinton Portis.

Who the hell takes Ocho shtick for face value anymore? I thought it would be pretty well known by now that 95% of what the guy says is either supposed to make you laugh with him, or laugh at him.

From a strictly marketing standpoint, this guy may be the besti n the NFL at it, even if it does make him look insane...It's much funnier than watching Clinton Portis.

I agree to a certain point, but their comes a point where you gotta say enough. He took it to far on NFL Network a couple months ago when he said flat out, "I guarentee I will never play another game in Cincy again". Then named some coaches he'd like to play for(Andy being one of them). The man is funny, but he needs to know his limits.

I still can't figure out whether he's a self-promotional marketing genius, or if he's really, really, unfathomably stupid.

He's smoking either weed or crack...don't know which one.

WEED: chiiled-out, laid-back. everything is funny. world goes by a little slower. very passive. a craving for Funyuns and grape soda.

CRACK: white lips. usually smelly. paraniod. willing to sell a car for 10 bucks (no matter who's car it is). dangerous. will give up all morals for another hit, including turning to prostitution.

If I had to choose between the two, I would say he's "on the weed".

WEED: chiiled-out, laid-back. everything is funny. world goes by a little slower. very passive. a craving for Funyuns and grape soda.

CRACK: white lips. usually smelly. paraniod. willing to sell a car for 10 bucks (no matter who's car it is). dangerous. will give up all morals for another hit, including turning to prostitution.

If I had to choose between the two, I would say he's "on the weed".

You're right...I got him confused with Michael Irvin for a minute.

I disagree - Chad is mentally insane. His comments about Phelps are disrespectful if not borderline racist. I'm gald the Eagles did'nt somehow end up with him.

I honestly thought Chad Johnson was on to something when he made that seemingly asinine statement. I don't think Chad Johnson could beat Phelps at this point but what he eluded to made sense to me. There are so many athletes that play basketball, football, baseball, hockey etc. instead of swimming because of peer pressure, money, or bigger opportunities elsewhere. I don't know that Michael Phelps would be best swimmer in the world, if you gave these other freakish athletes a chance, if that makes any sense.

We all know 85 would have no chance against Phelps because is Chad is....well.....tall. :ph34r:

I honestly thought Chad Johnson was on to something when he made that seemingly asinine statement. I don't think Chad Johnson could beat Phelps at this point but what he eluded to made sense to me. There are so many athletes that play basketball, football, baseball, hockey etc. instead of swimming because of peer pressure, money, or bigger opportunities elsewhere. I don't know that Michael Phelps would be best swimmer in the world, if you gave these other freakish athletes a chance, if that makes any sense.

I hate to break it to you, but Phelps is one of those freakish athletes.

We all know 85 would have no chance against Phelps because is Chad is....well.....tall. :ph34r:

Phelps is 6'4" and is a freak. Competitive swimming is very difficult. I did it to train for other sports and the workouts are tough. This guy trains 5 hours a day and is making it look easy. I agree that there are guys who don't get their chances (maybe 1%), but to say you could beat arguably the best Olympic athlete ever is ridiculous.

Chad is just playing the media and fans.He is very calculated and knows that when Bengals open up first game in Baltimore that Phelps will be honorary game captain and he'll hog the cameras with him.

Michael is a huge Ravens fan.

The only wrong thing about the fact that Phelps won 8 golden medals is that, for example, the best amateur boxer of all time will win only one medal at the OG. Phelps won 8. I think that it's Fed up.

On a side note, I want to see it live. People are really weird with Chad, he's just fun. It's like the horse race stuff, just crazy but funny stuff.