Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Browns @ Giants PBP Thread

CLE_logo-80x90.gif

CLEVELAND BROWNS

AT

NYG_logo-80x90.gif

NEW YORK GIANTS

DATE/TIME: Monday, August 18, 2008 - 8:00PM ET

STATION: ESPN

This'll be a good game in the regular season I think. The Browns have potential, I think our D will stuff them up though, and they won't be able to handle the running game.

As far as this game goes, I hope Manningham is ready to play, I'm excited to see what he's got.

This'll be a good game in the regular season I think. The Browns have potential, I think our D will stuff them up though, and they won't be able to handle the running game.

As far as this game goes, I hope Manningham is ready to play, I'm excited to see what he's got.

Your gonna have to wait longer!

Giants | Manningham not expected to play Monday

Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:17:29 -0700

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports New York Giants WR Mario Manningham (quadriceps) is not expected to play in the team's preseason game Monday, Aug. 18.

Your gonna have to wait longer!

Giants | Manningham not expected to play Monday

Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:17:29 -0700

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports New York Giants WR Mario Manningham (quadriceps) is not expected to play in the team's preseason game Monday, Aug. 18.

That sucks. People on the Giants MB have been saying there are rumors of him getting cut, but I just don't see that happening at this point. Not before he even gets a chance to show his stuff.

not too excited about manningham. not even when we drafted him. for all the accolades the guy just doesnt look like a football player.

That sucks. People on the Giants MB have been saying there are rumors of him getting cut, but I just don't see that happening at this point. Not before he even gets a chance to show his stuff.

people who say he's gonna get cut are morons!!! this guy will make the team but he's gonna be like the #5 wr probably, you won't see much of him on the field during the regular season.

people who say he's gonna get cut are morons!!! this guy will make the team but he's gonna be like the #5 wr probably, you won't see much of him on the field during the regular season.

we're not saying he should be cut because he's a bust but there are a lot of guys on this team that can have much more of an impact than manningham this year:

plax

toomer

smith

moss

hixon

london

tyree

not too excited about manningham. not even when we drafted him. for all the accolades the guy just doesnt look like a football player.

Winston Justice for Mario Manningham?

:ph34r:

we're not saying he should be cut because he's a bust but there are a lot of guys on this team that can have much more of an impact than manningham this year:

plax

toomer

smith

moss

hixon

london

tyree

Manningham would more likely be placed on the practice squad then cut let's put it that way. no way they would waste a good draft pick on a guy then cut him without him playing a down in a real game. and i would place manningham over hixon and london right now easily.

Manningham would more likely be placed on the practice squad then cut let's put it that way. no way they would waste a good draft pick on a guy then cut him without him playing a down in a real game. and i would place manningham over hixon and london right now easily.

Hixon is a special teams demon who can play all 4 units, Manningham isn't more valuable to the Giants than him right now.

And If Manningham was to get released so he could be placed on the PS, someone would claim him.

he'd be claimed so quickly on PS it would be just like cutting him.

Giants up 7-3 after a td pass to hixon. browns got a dumb 53 yard pass interference penalty.

dawn dawson's got some leg, hits a 56 yarder on clevelands first scoring drive. glad i got him on my fantasy team. B-)

TD Giants, Hixon with the catch again

Think the Giants are a very deep team when the #6 or #7 WR (if they keep that many) Hixon looks awesome. Eli has shown enough IMO bring on the #2s

Think the Giants are a very deep team when the #6 or #7 WR (if they keep that many) Hixon looks awesome. Eli has shown enough IMO bring on the #2s

i still would let him go another series at least.

i still would let him go another series at least.

Not sure why, the guy has 2 perfect passes for TDs in a few minutes of play already

Not sure why, the guy has 2 perfect passes for TDs in a few minutes of play already

big friggin' deal. dude needs to get more snaps. and play at least the 1st quarter.