Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Browns @ Giants PBP Thread

I guess the Eagles fans around here know more about the Giants depth than NFL scouts:

link

Nice article. A bit optimistic but still a good read.

I hate the Giants, but I'll concede that Eli is beginning to scare me a little bit. I don't give a **** if it was pre season, last night the Giants starters were putting on a clinic.

I hate the Giants, but I'll concede that Eli is beginning to scare me a little bit. I don't give a **** if it was pre season, last night the Giants starters were putting on a clinic.

Minus Burress and Toomer, mind you. But preseason goes both ways; we were all telling Redskin fans to calm the hell down when they played well, I would be a homer if I didnt temper my enthusiasm and tell myself the same thing. The Giants clearly outplayed the Cleveland starters, but the Giants definitely benefited from some Brown mistakes. The 50 yd interference on Moss, the fumble in the Anderson/Lewis exchange. Sure, we capitalized on them, but that is what you should do. The most comforting thing for me is that Eli played well without his top 3 targets. Hixon looks to be a legit receiver, as well, and shold carve out a niche for himself in 4 WR sets, which I think we'll see more of this year.

Also very interesting is that the day after Hixon goes off and scores 3 TDs in a quarter, Burress, Toomer, Smith, and Manningham are all reported to be practicing tomorrow. Interesting to say the least...lol

Minus Burress and Toomer, mind you. But preseason goes both ways; we were all telling Redskin fans to calm the hell down when they played well, I would be a homer if I didnt temper my enthusiasm and tell myself the same thing. The Giants clearly outplayed the Cleveland starters, but the Giants definitely benefited from some Brown mistakes. The 50 yd interference on Moss, the fumble in the Anderson/Lewis exchange. Sure, we capitalized on them, but that is what you should do. The most comforting thing for me is that Eli played well without his top 3 targets. Hixon looks to be a legit receiver, as well, and shold carve out a niche for himself in 4 WR sets, which I think we'll see more of this year.

Also very interesting is that the day after Hixon goes off and scores 3 TDs in a quarter, Burress, Toomer, Smith, and Manningham are all reported to be practicing tomorrow. Interesting to say the least...lol

Riddle me this: Why are the Giants more like the team that played the Browns than the team that played the stinkin Lions last week and layed a big fat do do bird egg?

I think what is more alarming is how bad the Browns played in the 1st quarter... they were falling all over themselves (DBs tripping on thin air) and there Offense was not at all prepared for the Giants too blitz so much. If the browns D is going to be that bad again (the giants were running VERY basic plays) the browns Offense better gear up to pick up the blitz and score plenty this year.

Read all you want into that game you want.... if Plax is not playing, no one on the Giants rec corp scares any NFL defence, period.

this was merely a preview of what the giants are going to this season

that's what you were saying after the Lions game - who defense ranked dead a** last, last year

more like a preveiw of the Browns Defense (ranked 30th last yr) still sucks

wanna give up one of your 2 1st rounders for Dominik? He'll start from Day 1

:lol:

Get the F out of here.

Hixon looks to be a legit receiver, as well, and shold carve out a niche for himself in 4 WR sets, which I think we'll see more of this year.

Wouldnt surprise me a bit if they went 5 wide.

With all the WR's they have been drafting lately and the community backfield I see a spread O in the Jints future.

Wouldnt surprise me a bit if they went 5 wide.

With all the WR's they have been drafting lately and the community backfield I see a spread O in the Jints future.

I can definitely see more 4 wide 1 back sets, but some 5 wide at times too. Jacobs blocks really, really well now, and his hands have come along. Plus, you get him rolling against nickel and dime defenses on draws and screens in that set... could get ugly. With Bradshaw as well, cept he does not block as well in case a team blitzes the set.