Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Browns @ Giants PBP Thread

Wow the Browns are looking worse then horrible.
this is gonna be a long, long season for the Browns. They have to play against all of us in the NFCE.

Derek Anderson just got crushed. He went down hard and had his throwing arm jammed into the ground. Osi got him. He immediately walked off with the limp throwing arm and Brady Quinn came in...

I know the Giants D-line is good, but me thinks the Cleveland O-line might suck this year. Fraley was like a turnstile on that play...

True. And not that the Giants are going to be anything less than a great team, but you have to remember these are very vanilla play calls on both sides of the ball.

Including our blitz packages. :o

Hixon by himself has almost tripled what Cleveland has total for yardage. WTF, I'm at work right now, does Hixon look that impressive?

this is gonna be a long, long season for the Browns. They have to play against all of us in the NFCE.

they've been on the end of lots of bad breaks to like that fumble by Lewis. I wouldnt count this team out just because of one bad game....especially a preseason game.

they've been on the end of lots of bad breaks to like that fumble by Lewis. I wouldnt count this team out just because of one bad game....especially a preseason game.

I agree. I mean, didn't Indy go 0-4 then win the Super Bowl? I know they didn't give up damn near 30 points in the first quarter of any of those games but its stil the pre season and these teams aren't going to be throwing the same things at each other under regular season circumstances.

Yeah for Boldin just so you couldn't have him.

Damn, so thats 2 firsts and a 2nd for 3 WRs in the past 3 months. Awesome. :P

True. And not that the Giants are going to be anything less than a great team, but you have to remember these are very vanilla play calls on both sides of the ball.

Especially since they play each other in the regular season, they dont want to show too much. Its been very, very fun to watch as a Giants fan, but you cant put too much stock into it. Domenik Hixon looks very nice though, looks like a capable 3rd or 4th receiver.

Hixon by himself has almost tripled what Cleveland has total for yardage. WTF, I'm at work right now, does Hixon look that impressive?

He does look pretty good but its a combination of that and the Browns having a terrible looking defense.

Especially since they play each other in the regular season, they dont want to show too much. Its been very, very fun to watch as a Giants fan, but you cant put too much stock into it. Domenik Hixon looks very nice though, looks like a capable 3rd or 4th receiver.

Reminding me of a Donte Stallworth type receiver. He does look good unfortunately.

well that is true. But they are gonna face pressure like that with each team in the NFCE. Every single team from top to bottom have good pass rush.

I always thought Hixon was a great STs guy. Maybe he'll be a solid 4th WR, and maybe even step up if someone goes down.

I know it's just the preseason, but it gives you a lot of confidence in your depth to see that.

It may be preseaon etc etc but one thing that is obvious is that this is a deep, young Giants team. Things that I have never been able to say as a fan LOL. Each week is different of course but right now even the Negadelphians would be happy if their team looked this stout at any point. :rolleyes:

Drawing any conclusions on this game is comical....

this is a throw away game

Indeed, but you can't say that if you were a Browns fan you wouldn't be worried, and if you weren't a Giants fan you wouldn't be optimistic.

Each week is different of course but right now even the Negadelphians would be happy if their team looked thjis stout at any point. :rolleyes:

Like oh I don't know....7 out of the last 10 years?

Drawing any conclusions on this game is comical....

this is a throw away game

some giants fans will argue with you on that comment.

some giants fans will argue with you on that comment.

Alright Nancy stop fishing already, they looked great tonight get over it and move on mmmmmk?

Giants fans, lets set the WRs corps.

Plax

Toomer

Smith

Moss

Hixon

Tyree

Manningham

Practice Squad: London and Jennings

Cut: Hall and Thorpe

Agree?